Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Awsome combo... Please tell me it's not just going in a car show cruiser. Combos like these could do very well in heads-up classes.
Bryan

Old 11-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Making the power nowadays sure isn't the problem anymore. What a motor. 700 rpm idle and 900 pumpgas ponies. Saw the car it is going to be in and it sure can't use any of the power with those wheels and tires. Talk about total overkill. It is fun to going onramp flooring it and smoking the tires @ 70 mph, but it starts getting kinda dangerous and nerve wrecking as well, especially in a car so nicely built as that 67.
As for myself I always dreamt of making that much power and still drive on the street. Now that I have it (IA2, F1R 15 lbs.)in my car I find myself not driving it much anymore. Guess the journey was more fun than the destination...

Old 11-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch injun View Post
Making the power nowadays sure isn't the problem anymore. What a motor. 700 rpm idle and 900 pumpgas ponies. Saw the car it is going to be in and it sure can't use any of the power with those wheels and tires. Talk about total overkill. It is fun to going onramp flooring it and smoking the tires @ 70 mph, but it starts getting kinda dangerous and nerve wrecking as well, especially in a car so nicely built as that 67.
As for myself I always dreamt of making that much power and still drive on the street. Now that I have it (IA2, F1R 15 lbs.)in my car I find myself not driving it much anymore. Guess the journey was more fun than the destination...

I hear you. Scary when your on the rev limiter before your foot hits the floor at 50mph, even with 390-45-15 drag radials. I brought the boost down to 11lbs and it still is stupid on the street.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Agree 100% there is only so much you can put down on the street! I made 3 good runs with my car at 15psi this summer, it was enough to put the fear of god in me! lol. The car would blow off the m/t drag radials from a 50 roll. Way to much for me, I put a weaker wastegate spring in. To be honest I had as much fun building the car as I do driving it.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Whoever drives this thing will need a LOT of tire
What car is this insane twin turbo engine going in ?