THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-17-2021, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Who is into stocks?

So for all the traders out there Root an insurance company is HEAVILY shorted! Low float. Like AMC or other meme stocks it’s ripe for the picking.

Long and short of it buy ROOT stock and HOLD It will force the shorts to BUY to cover and the stock will skyrocket . This takes a while which is why it’s important to buy and HOLD.

The more people who buy and hold ROOT the better so share the info with everyone you can

This could buy you another Pontiac if enough people get on board look at AMC be the guy in early not the guy wishing he was in early.

I’m not a fan of their business model (it uses data from your I phone Vs your credit report) but that’s not what moves this stock what moves it is VOLUME of buyers and holding the stock .

So it’s. NOT that I dont think the business model will work once the algorithm learns it’ll work just like google ,Facebook or any other invasive tech company . Just as tech ( information heavy )companies have jumped ahead in other fields it will likely do the same here

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 08-17-2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just cashed out my 401K and put it into real estate. I say real estate with a caveat, it is like cars, selective not just any.

Old 08-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Real estate has always been a good choice too.

Totally different than this but a wise investment historically. (Unless you bought in 2006 or 1986.

The thing with this stock is it’s been shorted.

Shorting a stock means opening a position by borrowing shares that you don't own and then selling them to another investor. ... In order to sell short, an investor has to borrow the stock or security through their brokerage company from someone who owns it. The investor then sells the stock, retaining the cash proceeds

When this goes badly (stock is bought and rises in value) the shorts lose! So they then have to BUY to COVER losses. This causes the price of the stock to RISE. Because this particular stock is so highly shorted and there’s not a lot of outstanding shares it is a perfect candidate. For this to happen. Better than AMC and better than game stop !

Alot of people got VERY rich off those two stocks.

It’s a $5 stock buy some and hold it for a while, have little to lose and a lot to gain .

Old 08-17-2021, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have never dealt in stocks and wouldn't know where to start if I wanted to buy in.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds a lot like the Game Stop play ... great for those that get in early, not so much for the people that get in later.

I let my financial advisor handle the trades, he's been good for about 12% a year without fail.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Sounds a lot like the Game Stop play ... great for those that get in early, not so much for the people that get in later.

I let my financial advisor handle the trades, he's been good for about 12% a year without fail.
That's also the definition of a pyramid scheme. The early ones get the payout.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Senior Chief

SILVER!

The Following User Says Thank You to yahooskidoo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2021, 09:00 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooskidoo View Post
SILVER!
Extremely manipulated, particularly by JP Morgan. Hasn't done well in the past decade. Best time to get in was 2001 and out by 2011.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’m knee deep in tulip bulbs here. I’m sure they’re the next big thing. ��

Murf

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murf For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
That's also the definition of a pyramid scheme. The early ones get the payout.
Actually what it does is take the money from the huge hedge fund and hands it to the people . If no one does it the hedge funds will lforce the price down and down then buy to cover low and make millions if not billions. This reverses that scenario and the people make the money. Because the last people in are the hedge funds who run out Of time and HAVE to “buy to cover “Their losses.

More of a AMC play than a game stop and lots and lots of regular people made a TON of money on that. And the company has been given a lease on life because of it. This is a good business insurance and it’s got a New model that will get sorted via algorithm. Younger people love the idea because it doesn’t use your credit report it uses data from your smart phone like acceleration deceleration to decide the risk. Because it’s bew it takes time to build the data and compare it to the clients habits. So every day the system is learning and getting better .

Pyramid scheme? what do you think has been going on all these years . The “shorts” short the stock then talk it down. Usually in a service they charge you for, Then buy it to cover low and make the money in the middle. Like a book maker they collect the money in the middle they always win, that is until this came about now it can reverse hard anytime and the people suddenly win.

Last edited by turbo69bird; 08-17-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59safaricat View Post
Extremely manipulated, particularly by JP Morgan. Hasn't done well in the past decade. Best time to get in was 2001 and out by 2011.
Been a silver bug since 2015, price then was $14.50/ ozt, today you can't buy 1/2 ozt for that $. And I own it unlike stocks or money in the bank. JP cant do it forever, hopefully. SILVER!

Old 08-17-2021, 09:58 PM
Senior Chief

Xxx xxx xxx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210817-205536~3.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	571531  

Old 08-17-2021, 10:04 PM
Senior Chief

I am no expert on this stuff at all, but I see a lot of red when looking at their stats....well except their cash on hand is increasing....but that is probably because of people trying to recommend others to buy the stock....

The Following User Says Thank You to ID67goat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2021, 10:14 PM
Senior Chief

Stock markets crash. Every fiat currency in history has collapsed at one point.
Silver has been "real" money for thousands of years. The value of silver is constant, it's the value of the dollar that keeps declining. Keep printing those fiat federal reserve debt notes Fed.
Current conditions: stock market bubble, housing bubble, federal reserve note bubble. Bubbles go pop!

Old 08-17-2021, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I use technical analysis with a little bit of fundamental analysis when evaluating a stock, plus I like to check for recent insider activity. I see nothing good going on with this stock. It looks like the stock went public just under a year ago, and has been in a downtrend the whole time. ROOT announced earnings a few days ago, and dropped from just under $7 to a little over $5. It has been losing money, and losses have been accelerating. It has only been two days since the all time low.

The last two days have been up a little, so it might be at a turning point but I expect the improvement over the last two days is short covering. The chart has way too many solid red candles for my taste. I never try to catch a falling knife.

Old 08-18-2021, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I’m knee deep in tulip bulbs here. I’m sure they’re the next big thing. ��

Murf
My favorite investment story.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=yahooskidoo;6273163
Silver has been "real" money for thousands of years. The value of silver is constant, it's the value of the dollar that keeps declining. Keep printing those fiat federal reserve debt notes Fed.
Current conditions: stock market bubble, housing bubble, federal reserve note bubble. Bubbles go pop![/QUOTE]

Silver value is constant?

History says you're wrong:

I pity the guy that bought silver 10 years ago at nearly $50.00 per ounce. Not even taking inflation into consideration, their investment has fallen by 50%.

Compare that to the Dow over the last 20 years:

Even with the historic collapse in '08 - '09, 5 years later you were even, not 50% under like silver in 2011.

Silver was $20.00 per ounce in early 2011 and now is under $23.71. The Dow was about 13,000 in 2011 and is now at 35,343.

Tell me again why I should invest in silver....

Old 08-18-2021, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Most good financial advisors will tell you that precious metals and hard assets are not "investments" they are an inflation hedge. I have accumulated some physical silver ... but I would never consider it an investment, it's far closer to emergency preparedness. In the unlikely event that the world as we know it collapses ... it MAY serve as currency. In the meantime, if it tickles your fancy .. buy low and take it out every now and then and stack it up for fun. You'll never get rich on silver unless you buy a million ounces, and if you can afford a million ounces you are already rich.

My wife and I have kept a stock portfolio for 25 years, one side conservative municipal bonds and such, the other half slightly higher risk equities. It now returns very close to six figures a year, which is all reinvested and has been for 25 years. We use a financial advisor that has been working with our family for 30+ years. My wife and I have had modest incomes our entire lives, lived within our means, believe strongly in sweat equity and within about two years will be retiring ( I'm 63, she is 55) very comfortably, more comfortable than we ever imagined 25 years ago.

Just like your personal health, eat right, exercise, everything in moderation. No dramatic diets, no crazy exercise routines, basic healthy food .... finances are the same way, the boring old fashion way works.

The Following User Says Thank You to dataway For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Just like your personal health, eat right, exercise, everything in moderation. No dramatic diets, no crazy exercise routines, basic healthy food .... finances are the same way, the boring old fashion way works.
Great advice. Short stocks, precious metals, that sort of thing should be considered more as a hobby. If you have extra money and want to play around with it, that's fine, but it's not the best plan for a long term investment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2021, 08:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Investing and trading are two very different things. Investors play the long game, traders are looking to make a quick buck.

I consider myself an investor. Buy and hold quality stocks that pay a decent dividend. Reinvest the dividends and let the power of compounding work for you.

Don