THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-24-2015, 04:35 PM

Have not seen the movie but do plan to.

Quote:
how hundreds of people lined the sides of the interstate
I work at a place that is on I-35 about 30 miles north of downtown Austin where the state cemetery is. Lots of people from there and the many other businesses stood along side the highway as the procession of cars, state police motorcycles, etc. passed by. Same story all along the interstate. It was a nice show of respect.

Old 01-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I read a book a while back on snipers, may have been "Kill Shot", and was mesmerized by the discipline of these highly trained shooters, masters of deception and camouflage.

There was a Vietnam era sniper by the name of Carlos Hathcock that pulled off some astounding kills with nothing more than an accurized and scoped, bolt-action hunting rifle. With a name like Hath-Cock, you know he's a bad ass.

These guys truly are heroes, working deep in enemy territory to take out hostiles, terrorists and enemy snipers.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Hath Cock is on the history ch now. 2:14 A M EST.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I saw it recently.

It was a good movie. It was even better that there was a real life element upon which it was based.

From a pure film standpoint it was entertaining and inspiring. It generated significant emotion. It was well done as a movie, setting aside all politics.

I thought Bradley Cooper did an excellent job. He brought a realism to the character that was absolutely believeable. His wife did the same. The dialog was raw and realistic. Military movies are tough - sometimes they create hollow characters that are obvious fabrications, even if based on real people. Sometimes characters don't have enough human flaw to be believeable, and this wasn't the case. There were a few supporting characters that fell into that crease a little, but the big money actors did their part.

I was never a big fan of Cooper until now. I always thought he was kind of a wormy little face boy, like his "Hangover" parts.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I saw it recently.

It was a good movie. It was even better that there was a real life element upon which it was based.

From a pure film standpoint it was entertaining and inspiring. It generated significant emotion. It was well done as a movie, setting aside all politics.

I thought Bradley Cooper did an excellent job. He brought a realism to the character that was absolutely believeable. His wife did the same. The dialog was raw and realistic. Military movies are tough - sometimes they create hollow characters that are obvious fabrications, even if based on real people. Sometimes characters don't have enough human flaw to be believeable, and this wasn't the case. There were a few supporting characters that fell into that crease a little, but the big money actors did their part.

I was never a big fan of Cooper until now. I always thought he was kind of a wormy little face boy, like his "Hangover" parts.
I thought he was good in American Hustle and Silver Linings Playbook. I think he's just beginning to hone his skills and his days of Hangover Movies are behind him.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

We tried to see it Sunday got there a bit late. Still selling out here.

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 01-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
I read a book a while back on snipers, may have been "Kill Shot", and was mesmerized by the discipline of these highly trained shooters, masters of deception and camouflage.

There was a Vietnam era sniper by the name of Carlos Hathcock that pulled off some astounding kills with nothing more than an accurized and scoped, bolt-action hunting rifle. With a name like Hath-Cock, you know he's a bad ass.

These guys truly are heroes, working deep in enemy territory to take out hostiles, terrorists and enemy snipers.
his most "famous" kill was on a VC General. He crawled for three days while patrols nearly stepped on him...1300 yards an inch at a time...no food or water. Then he used "Kentucky windage" reading the heat waves that you see thru a scope in hot weather to make a 700 yard center mass kill shot...then he got out of what was essentially a suicide mission. What a coward! PS...when they interviewed him...I noticed the Virginia licence plate "SNIPER" hanging on his wall.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
his most "famous" kill was on a VC General. He crawled for three days while patrols nearly stepped on him...1300 yards an inch at a time...no food or water. Then he used "Kentucky windage" reading the heat waves that you see thru a scope in hot weather to make a 700 yard center mass kill shot...then he got out of what was essentially a suicide mission. What a coward! PS...when they interviewed him...I noticed the Virginia licence plate "SNIPER" hanging on his wall.
Yeah, I'd like to see "Jabba" Moore's fat butt crawling across a field for three days or "greasing" an entire NVA squad at night like Chuck Malwhinney.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Yeah, I'd like to see "Jabba" Moore's fat butt crawling across a field for three days or "greasing" an entire NVA squad at night like Chuck Malwhinney.
I can actually picture him literally rolling into the compound and flattening the enemy without firing a shot! Taking no prisoners...just swallowing the survivors whole. I see a movie plot! Instead of being on the front...he would BE the front! "Fat Fuk Fury"..."Tons of Terror"...ISIS tries to behead him but cannot find his neck...try to hang him but the rope keeps slipping off....possibilities are endless.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
I can actually picture him literally rolling into the compound and flattening the enemy without firing a shot! Taking no prisoners...just swallowing the survivors whole. I see a movie plot! Instead of being on the front...he would BE the front! "Fat Fuk Fury"..."Tons of Terror"...ISIS tries to behead him but cannot find his neck...try to hang him but the rope keeps slipping off....possibilities are endless.

Michael Moore rolling into the compound like a big ol' Schticky, VC hanging off him in horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQjF5RPgbg

'66 Valiant Regal 225
'72 Lemans Station Wagon T-41, 455
'76 Trans Am 455
'77 Ford F-100 4WD 351
'78 Ford F-100 2WD 302
'79 Firebird Black 301
'79 Z28 350
'79 Trans Am 403 numbers matching
'04 Ford Falcon XR8 5.4 ltr.

and no wife.........Yipppeeeeeee
Old 01-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Senior Chief

Watching the news last night they flashed moore mouthing off' my wife walked in middle of his rant not knowing who he was said that's the uglyist woman I've ever seen, proof he is just a frustrated it.

Gregg

Old 01-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

now Jesse Ventura is in a tiff over the movie, a USA view from his new home in Mexico

Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird72 View Post
now Jesse Ventura is in a tiff over the movie, a USA view from his new home in Mexico
I forgot all about that bizarre lawsuit he filed.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:33 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Watching it a second time today with my wife was ten times harder! I started a flood with tears in the second scene as a child with his father and never stopped. The actual footage at the end, I had to walk out this time. I couldn't take anymore.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/c...d-littlefield/

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now, you need to see "Unbroken". BUT, read the book first.