THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:14 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog
Default American Sniper

I was a little surprised there isn't a thread on this already.

Saw this last night with my youngest son, WOW!!! I true Hero and Icon both in service and civilian life; and his wife is one classy lady as well. I hope that I have time to read his book.

The movie itself was phenomenal, Clint Eastwood IMO is one of the greatest Directors of all time. This movie should be a must see for every single person.

http://youtu.be/YgFDL4FaIBs

Old 01-21-2015, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hoog View Post
There is, but it's in the CH.

Quote:
Saw this last night with my youngest son, WOW!!! I true Hero and Icon both in service and civilian life; and his wife is one classy lady as well. I hope that I have time to read his book.

The movie itself was phenomenal, Clint Eastwood IMO is one of the greatest Directors of all time. This movie should be a must see for every single person.

Wholeheartedly agree, awesome flick!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Great movie! I started a long thread at a gun forum I go to and it has received rave reviews. Extremely well made and an award winner for sure. Not a peep or a dry eye in the crowd when we left.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 01-21-2015, 01:01 PM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
There is, but it's in the CH.
AH, Search doesn't work for there.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't need search. It's an active topic, on page 1.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I figure if it got Michael Moores panties in a bunch,it must be a good flick. I almost NEVER go out to see movies,but my wife told me she'd take me out to see it this weekend for my birthday.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Got reserved seats at the Warren in the screening room on Saturday night!

Old 01-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
I figure if it got Michael Moores panties in a bunch,it must be a good flick. I almost NEVER go out to see movies,but my wife told me she'd take me out to see it this weekend for my birthday.
I'm with you, the news said here is a 10 must see movie list and I was proud to say I hadn't seen one of them but I will see this one. And glad to say michael moore no longer lives in MI.

Gregg

Old 01-21-2015, 11:53 PM

Damn great flick!

This is probably the only movie that I'll have the opportunity to say that I actually read the book first. Not an avid reader--most of my reading consists of the works of "Chilton".

Old 01-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I really enjoyed it too. I remember seeing a TV reality show about a celebrity at a sniper range. He was featured and it opened my eyes. Truly was an amazing military feat is to have gone thru that in that area of the world.

Eastwood and Cooper deserve thumbs up to portray the intensity of the moment in combat action and bring it back home to reality. Plus they made into a great movie!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very good movie, that deals with Honor, Duty, and the love he had for other members of our military, and the personal price paid. They really are "savages" over there, contrary to news reports. He didnt kill anyone that didnt need killing. The last 5 minutes are a tribute. When the movie was over, you could have heard a pin drop. A True American Hero, killed by a low life scum. 5 stars.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder how much of the movie stays true to the book. That's my biggest gripe, movies usually never follow the book they're made from.

It's a shame people like Moore have to be such AHs. He man was a Hero and did the job he had to do to save his fellow soldier's lives.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I haven't seen the movie but did see some flack about how Clint Eastwood substituted a plastic doll for a baby in one scene when the "stunt baby" was sick and the replacement was a no-show. Pretty obvious the baby was a plastic doll in the clip I saw. Doesn't diminish anyone's performance or the movie as a whole but just seems pretty silly in a major film production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1WwXZDnE4

Old 01-23-2015, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Michael Moore's body is a snipers dream. Could miss 2' in any direction of dead center and still take it out at 1.5 miles.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Read American Sniper, saw the movie last weekend.
Very well scripted and acted, was on the edge of my seat.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
I haven't seen the movie but did see some flack about how Clint Eastwood substituted a plastic doll for a baby in one scene when the "stunt baby" was sick and the replacement was a no-show. Pretty obvious the baby was a plastic doll in the clip I saw. Doesn't diminish anyone's performance or the movie as a whole but just seems pretty silly in a major film production.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1WwXZDnE4
I would say most all of the baby shots were a doll. I guess they didnt have a Stunt Baby. plus as you all know, are very unpredictable.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
Michael Moore's body is a snipers dream. Could miss 2' in any direction of dead center and still take it out at 1.5 miles.
Would there be an energy absorption factor due to all that gelatinous fat? Especially in the head?

Old 01-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedRamAirII View Post
I would say most all of the baby shots were a doll. I guess they didnt have a Stunt Baby. plus as you all know, are very unpredictable.
They way I heard it was that baby number one was sick, back up baby was a no show and then Clint said (in Clints voice) "Get the doll".

We went to see it Friday night in iMax. Great movie. Walking out of the theater after the movie, nobody said a word. It was quiet. Sorta like walking out of a funeral.

Truly a great movie. Probably one of the best Ive seen a while. Bradly Cooper did an outstanding job bringing Chris Kyle to the screen and you really like him.

Its just too bad that there are people in the world that have to bring a negative side to it.

Its my opinion, and this inst a bad thing, but I think they knew they had a winner on thier hands and they waited until the move got an Oscar nod to release it all over the country making people want to see it more. If thats the case, it was genius move.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The co-author of the book, Scott McEwen, is from my little town in eastern oregon and is supposed to go to our annual St. Patrick's day celebration and will do a book signing. I am there!

Still have not watched the movie or read the book, but I plan to take care of both of those in the near future.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
T
We went to see it Friday night in iMax. Great movie. Walking out of the theater after the movie, nobody said a word. It was quiet. Sorta like walking out of a funeral.

Truly a great movie. Probably one of the best Ive seen a while. Bradly Cooper did an outstanding job bringing Chris Kyle to the screen and you really like him.

Its just too bad that there are people in the world that have to bring a negative side to it.

Its my opinion, and this inst a bad thing, but I think they knew they had a winner on thier hands and they waited until the move got an Oscar nod to release it all over the country making people want to see it more. If thats the case, it was genius move.
I agree.
Read the book when it came out and saw the movie last Sunday. Everybody stayed and watched the film clips of the ceremony and Kyle's flag-draped coffin, but some of the most moving moments came when it showed how hundreds of people lined the sides of the interstate to salute the procession as the coffin was moved from the stadium to the Texas State Cemetery about 200 miles away.

I would recommend this movie to everybody, to understand the stress our military experience in battle, and after they return home.