Old 08-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Senior Chief

Default Weird GP's?

What are some weird Grand Prix's option wise, prototypes, and anything else.

Old 08-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to own a 69 SJ 428HO car. It had climate control a/c, and a power steering cooler line. The power steering cooler line is a long metal tube that lies on top of the core support. The 69 Firebirds had a similar option.

Mike

Old 08-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Senior Chief

I heard about a GP that was Carousel Red?

Old 08-21-2005, 12:03 AM

newer than this forum but still fairly rare. i have an 82 lj with the lear-siegler int pkg in gold. not many built with this as it was $$$$ compared to the std buckets.

also i have the remains of an early build 74 sj 455,3:23 posi, triple black, buckets, console, climate control, cruise,tilt, manual windows, rally2 car.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I used to own a triple Black '77 SJ with the 3.23 posi, tach and gauges, Rally II's, A/C, AM/FM 8-track, and manual windows. I was the 3rd owner, spoke to the original owner, he also ordered it with a trailer-tow package which included the lower gear ratio. I'll bet that '74 SJ455 would have been a runner.......Still have the rear end Mike, I'd like to find a posi with at least 3.08s. Daver
I almost bought an '82 with that interior 8-10 years ago.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:51 AM

yes to both counts, the 74 was a strong runner and the diff is still here. i really don't want to part with it as i'm getting the itch to build the car again as it was the only one my dad and i built together. i've kept all the odd parts from it for close to 20yrs.

i may have one in a 74 grand am, it phs'd as a 3:23 posi. i've no clue if it's the correct diff under it yet.

if i get a chance i'll jack it up and try to find a code on the housing.
to be honest i'd rather move the whole car as a roller. i'm not going to build it anytime soon with 2 gto's,a gt-37 a bird vert and 3 g/p's on the list.

is that your sunroof car listed in the auto/ rv with the pic from above?

mike

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mike, yes, that is my '77 in the Auto & RV, I'm buying a 76 LJ that is too nice to pass up (I guess I'd agree with your quote..."so many Pontiacs, so little time", but for me it is "so little money"). I'd love to see any pics you have of both the '74s. I like G/As, but the 73-77 GPs are my favorite. Let me know what you would take for the rear end and/or the whole car. Dave

Old 08-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've seen a early or mid 80's gp that had a diesel engine. Anyone out there have one?? Dave K.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:50 PM

still have the body from an 81 g/p diesel. i killed the engine with a trip to fla against the govenor back in 91 or so.

installed a w-30 455 olds in it's place.

the diesel cars will be more rust prone as the firewall is covered in insulation to kill the noise from the engine.

mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-03-2005, 09:53 PM

Default More Weird GP's

I think my Liberty Blue '69 SJ is pretty strangely optioned:

SJ Package (428 370HP, Light Group, Gauges, Auto Level Control)
M-40 Auto
3.23 Saf-T-Track
Black Leather interior
Custom Seat Belts (stainless buckles)
RH Vanity Mirror
AM/FM Stereo

It's strange in that it's an SJ, but no A/C, no PW, no PL, no Power Seat, no Tilt, etc.

Also, I used to own a Silver '69 J that was a PMD company car for its first 6 months. The only options it had were:

428 370HP
M-40 Auto
3.23 Saf-T-Track
Vinyl Top
Am/FM mono

No power anything, no rear seat speakers (it had the plain cardboard package tray), no gauges, standard hubcaps. I wonder whose parts chaser that one was back in '69?

Ken

Old 09-03-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Power Steering Cooler

BTW, I used to own a Triple-Black '69 J with standard A/C that had the cooler line.

Ken