Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 02-16-2020, 10:48 AM

Default 42nd Annual GM on Display

Sunday May 31st 2020 at Macungie Memorial Park, Rt 100, Macungie, PA. Registration from 9AM to 12 Noon. All years GM produced vehicles are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020 GM on Display modified-compressed.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	532094  

Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 PM

A great show to attend. Hope the weather cooperates this year!

Old 02-17-2020, 01:00 PM

There’s nothing there to do, no flea market, no awards, no entertainment. It’s a long boring day. They could at least have like a top 25 awards, I mean really what does the registration fee go towards? The club? I’m so over that show!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-17-2020, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been going to that show for a long time, even before i had a car to the show. I agree with MA the show is boring, but it used to be a great show a few decades ago. They used to fill Macungie park with cars, they never had trophies but they used to give away door prizes at the end which was at least something. Now you are just paying money for a cruise day.

One thing I did notice that may be a huge help for the show is the date. This show used to be at the end of April but the last decade the weather was pretty bad temp wise and precipitation. Then they moved the 1 week forward which was a terrible idea because they were competing with another show in Bethlehem that has been established for many years and usually pulled in 400 or more cars.

Now I see the date has moved to May 31. Not sure if any other shows are going on at that time, but i can say there isn't many shows in the lehigh valley anymore so the new date may have promise. Weather should be warm anyway, rain is a hit or miss anymore.

I will most likely be there because it is in my backyard.

Mark

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:45 AM
Senior Chief

I am really hoping that this show goes on as scheduled but I'm starting to have my doubts. It's discouraging how many shows are getting cancelled. I am a member of the Keystone State Chapter of the POCI and I support this show when ever I can. The fact that there is no trophies doesn't bother me. That's not why I have my cars. I enjoy seeing fellow club members and meeting other like minded car enthusiasts at the show.

1995 Formula Firehawk #592

Old 04-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Didn't know about this one, but I agree with PMDJim, I could care less about trophy's. In fact I leave most shows early anyway. Regardless of entertainment I get bored easily when just sitting around. I like the drive to most shows more than the event. Only thing I REALLY like to see at a show is something to eat and drink. Need be nothing special, I go to a local cruise night and theres a girl with a hot dog cart and chips, that's good enough.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:47 PM

Sorry to say the 2020 'GM on Display' event has been cancelled, another loss due to Covid-19. Stay safe everyone.