THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lots of hateful people out there.
I have always thought the photo in your signature was cool. I love the red and the judge stripes and i'd always thought your signature line was pretty amusing.
You say the car looks better in photos but i'll bet it looks pretty tough in person.

My car has one small spot where the paint is bubbling from rust below. Everyone goes right for that spot and tells me about it.
One time a guy was over buying something that I had listed on craigslist. He asked me "How do you expect to win trophies with this?"
I never do the cruise in thing anymore. It's cool and all but most of those folks have more invested in their cars than I could ever imagine. I keep it real short with strangers about my car. I don't give them much opportunity to critique my car. I'm polite; but short.
I don't want my car to be THAT clean and nice. I worry about it enough as it is..
I love my car. I love yours too.

Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 PM

I think your car looks nice, I like that deep dark red.
I have to ask though in my least douche tone. Do you have two different size rims on your car or is it just the tire size?

Old 02-27-2020, 02:51 PM
Suspended

What I would like to know is why people (even some Pontiac people) will get down on their knees to eyeball and pick apart a Pontiac but the most cobbed up POS Chevy those same people will stand a block away and say, "what a great car"?

Old 02-27-2020, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
What I would like to know is why people (even some Pontiac people) will get down on their knees to eyeball and pick apart a Pontiac but the most cobbed up POS Chevy those same people will stand a block away and say, "what a great car"?
yes.
My friend "Restored" a 71 Chevelle with a downright sinful amount of pink bondo. 2" thick in some areas lol. Proceeded to install the SS badges and stripes; Painted gold.

My agent, (who collected vintage high dollar motorcycles) walked right past my GTO, over to the Chevelle and said "Now THIS is nice..."

Old 02-27-2020, 05:42 PM
Senior Chief

Yes. 275/60s on 15 inch rims I repainted. With drag bags in the rear coils.

All part of the street car in the 70s and 80s vibe

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"