Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default $15 Lousy Dollars

Back in late 2012 I ordered some engine parts from a smaller Pontiac vendor. After much waiting and very little communication I got the parts plus a cam that was wrong. 262/266 @ .050. I was looking for a 230/236 @ .050. Another round of emails and I received the correct cam, nearly 2.5 months from the date of original order. After another round of emails about what to do with the incorrect cam produced no response, I kept the incorrect cam in its original shipping box. After the fact I discovered that this Pontiac vendor was having some health issues which made for a somewhat rocky transaction on my end.
Anyway. Early/mid January of this year I offhandedly mentioned the new unused hyd roller cam in a thread I'm replying to. My response was followed with an inquiry as to whether I'd like to part with this cam, from a long time (over 10 years and 6000+ replies and somebody that I've done jewelry business with before) respected member of this forum. We settled on a price and the deal was done. Cost to him? My UPS shipping cost to him of $14.38, which I rounded up to $15. Not to bad for a $300+ cam. I shipped the cam without thinking that I might not actually be reimbursed, an idea that never crossed my mind. He tried PayPal and my account is tied to my website so that didn't work. He'd mail a check. I'm not an archivist, but it seems like that was about 6 weeks ago. A PM or two gets an I forgot, been busy with some unexpected responsibilities and I'll get it to you. Nothing. I've PM'd him my address a couple of times in more recent weeks but I know that we've had some PM issues on the forum lately. We're "friends" on Facebook and I've messaged inquiries there.....no response and it's obvious he frequents FB.

The reality is that $15 doesn't make or break me.

But really, $15? Commit to something and don't break a trust. $15 lousy dollars......

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Contact made. Check coming.

Relief felt. The world is back in order. :)

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gave it away + the shipping when you would have been better off throwing it in the trash.

Karma will come around on this one! ;)

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty crappy deal, David. In the last two years I've mailed a lot of small parts to guys and my luck has been they send me cash which I didn't ask for at the time. Jeez, throw a jackson in the mail.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Why dont you tell him you wont the cam back?

Old 03-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's all good.
Payment coming.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Contact made. Check coming.

Relief felt. The world is back in order. :)

Purely coincidence, I'm sure.
If you could have waited just one more day.......

Old 03-13-2015, 10:23 PM
Suspended

Well let me share a positive here:

Yesterday came home to find an unexpected package on our porch...and thought "Steve's (our rock solid professional USPS postman who's on furlough due to leg surgery) replacement has made but another daily mis-delivery as I didn't order a new WARN winch!

Picking up the box knew right away way too light to be a winch, AND, my name & address was indeed on the ship to label! So, after we settled in for our evening, I opened the box to find a early 70's TA Shaker scoop & solenoid Assy w rubber seal for a project w a big "Happy Birthday Alvin!" taped to it. Thing is, my birthday is in July, so....what a GR8 surprise!

Point is - there still is plenty of good happening in our hobby, often when we least expect it! Thxs "2many!" :D

Old 03-28-2015, 06:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Glad it worked out.