Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2020, 06:12 PM

Default Looking for my original block

Hello all,
I’'m trying to track down the previous owner of a 1970 Pontiac GTO. More specifically I'd like to track down or find out what happened to the original engine and 4 speed trans. I bought the car in 2016 and when I got it, it had been painted black (including the rear bumper) but was originally verdoro green with a black interior and a hood tach.
The engine would be a WT code 400 with a date code probably mid to late in 1969 (PHS says the car was shipped on January 13th, 1970 so I'd assume it was built in December of 1969) I believe the casting would be ‪9799914‬ and the VIN on the block will end with 127815

The trans would be a Muncie M20 wide ratio. I was told that the original trans was removed and put into another vehicle, possibly a truck. The GTO then got an automatic trans.

This is a total Hail Mary but I’ve hit a roadblock trying to track down the ownership history of the car. I managed to track it back to around 2012 and know it spent time before that in New Jersey but haven't had any luck going through the New Jersey motor vehicle commission to get the owners history. They won't share any information due to privacy laws. I know it was sold new in Burlington County, New Jersey and was sold sometime around 2009-2012 to a guy in Pennsylvania who was buying it as a gift for his son when he got back from a deployment. That's about as much information as I've been able to gather.

Anyone that can help me out I’d really appreciate it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00ABA2DC-2CB7-400A-8A2E-C00AF112E818.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	532474