Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM

Default Good source for trim clips? 57 Pontiac

Does anyone sell a kit with all the clips I'll need to re-install all my trim? I have a 57 Pontiac Starchief 2 door hardtop. When I took it all apart I threw away all the clips , cause they were nasty, rusty. Should have saved them, but oh well, live and learn! So if someone has a good source or can provide a web site, or a phone number or even the part numbers for everything I need, that would be great! Looking for all the side trim clips and the clips for the dash trim as well. Here's a couple shots of my car, thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3180785.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	219264   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3180787.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	219265  

Old 09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Try Restoration Specialties in PA.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Another possible source is California Pontiac Restoration at http://www.pontiacparts.net/ They have an online catalog, but if you don't find the parts listed give them a call - not all of their inventory is necessarily listed on the web page.

There used to be a place here in town named Automobile Archives that had a lot of NOS parts and were real good to deal with. Here's a link to a business directory with their phone number, but their website is down and I think they may have gone out of business. http://media.kellysearch.com/profile...4617/901164226

edit: by the way, welcome to PY! I've seen your posts over on the HAMB board, there's a lot of people here who spend time over there as well.

Last edited by Stuart; 09-22-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a link to Restoration Specialities. http://www.restorationspecialties.com/ They got a lot of stuff but you wil need to look-look-look.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just put the 1955-58 Pontiac Molding and Clips catalog online. You can get part numbers there. Go to www.PontiacSafari.com, click on "Pontiac Garage" and scroll down on that page. The catalog link is under the heading "Pontiac Documents".

I replaced most of the clips on my '56 with "generic" clips I found in local Auto Paint store, they had a wide variety.