Old 10-04-2020, 10:29 AM
Senior Chief

Default 69 GTO project wiw

I found a 69 GTO project. It's missing the front clip and motor. Typical rust issues. It's a bench seat 4 speed car. Perfect dash rally gauges 3:55 posi. What would be a good price to pay. He's asking 8500 which I think is high. The only reason I'm interested is I like that it is an unusual 4 speed bench seat car

Old 10-04-2020, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unusual and rare doesn't always make it worth more. Bench seat GTO,s just seems wrong. But that's me. With all the missing parts and rust, I would not give him any more than 2K. Still by the time you round up missing parts and restore it, you would be way ahead of the game just buying a finished one. JMO

Old 10-04-2020, 02:50 PM

That seems high to me,
I have one that was given to no interior or engine and trans.
I just bought and sold a project that needed a lot work but body was complete, no engine or trans OR VIN number Bought it on eBay for 500 or 750 cant remember removed what i wanted and sold it to a member here for a little more that I paid.
So I think he is asking Barrett Jackson prices.
If you can post some pics it might help. JM2C

Old 10-04-2020, 05:03 PM
Senior Chief

That seams high, real high. Low production doesn’t really add to value unless its a Ram Air engine or other high end options. I sold a 69 hardtop Project with rare colors and it took over a year to find a buyer. It had A/C, AT, console, am/fm, reclining passenger seat, hidden headlights, rally dash I put new full 1/4’s, inner & outer cans, trunk, new floor and braces. I advertised it everywhere for $9,500 for over a year and finally listed it on eBay without a reserve. It sold for $7,500, projects are a hard sell. It was white with a green roof and interior. There’s a reason not many were sold like that, it was an ugly combination.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the car was complete, maybe $8k. Front clip will cost you $2k. Motor $2000. Probably missing all kinds of accessory parts, alternator brackets, pulleys, shrouds, etc. All that will take a lot of time to find and $$$$.

Personally I would pass at almost any price, but maybe $3k.