Old 04-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

guys i need some help we are changing the 4 barrel setup to a 58 tri power setup does any body have a complete tri power accelerator linkage setup and can anybody tell me what the original engine color is it supposed to be for a 58 chieftian 2dr. need to know any tech information you think i need or anybody i can call that deals with 58 tripowers thanks guys.

Old 04-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

guys i need some help we are changing the 4 barrel setup to a 58 tri power setup does any body have a complete tri power accelerator linkage setup and can anybody tell me what the original engine color is it supposed to be for a 58 chieftian 2dr. need to know any tech information you think i need or anybody i can call that deals with 58 tripowers thanks guys.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The 1958 tripower came with vacuum linkage ONLY. There was a mechanical kit available for the race only carburetors, not the standard carbs.

Engine paint is even worse. 1958 Pontiac engine paint was purchased from a now-defunct mom and pop company in Pontiac, and the records were destroyed by fire. 20 or so years ago, several enthusiasts, including myself, took some samples of original paint from under gaskets, etc. and had a mixing formula done. Don't know where my copy is right now, but if you get no other definative answers, email, and I will try to find it.

Can get you a picture if you can wait until after 5 May (construction in shop, cannot get to the show tripowers at this time).

Jon.

Good carburetion is fuelish hot air.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.