Old 02-07-2010, 11:37 PM

Default 1962 Pontiac Catalina 4D 389 - $3000

Hey guys,

I am selling my non-running 1962 Pontiac Catalina 4 dr 389 4 barrel with aproximatly 90,000 original miles. The original trans has been swapped with a TH-350. We are located in Raleigh NC, 27615 near Wake Forest. I am asking $3000.

detailed pictures (over 60) - http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae320/fellyns/

I will be happy to answer any questions or take more pictures.

I bought the car in 2000. It was my first car and daily driver for 4 years after which is was driven sparingly. In 2005 the car was in a fender bender. In 2007 the drivetrain began making sounds. I started to pull the engine and trans for a refresh when I injured my shoulder. In late 2009 I began working on it again only to find the engine damaged beyond my expectations. With the arrival of our first child and needing to buy a house, I have realized I just don't have the time, energy, space, or money to do this car justice. I would like to see it go to someone that will.

I would like to be brutally honest about the car so you know what you are getting. It does not run and has damage to the passenger fender and bottom edge of core support. The engine is disassembled and the engine and trans have been pulled. The engine will require a rebuild. The car will need to be towed. There are areas of surface rust, mainly the driver side fender, the rear of the hood, some spots around the front and rear glass, a few spots one the sides near seams, and other small random spots.

The body, otherwise, is very solid. Frame is straight and solid, as are the floor and trunk pans. Tires have lots of tread, but are old. Interior is intact but needs some work. Brakes work but need to be check for road worthiness. I have a replacement fender and core support. Radiator is relatively new, but could use a flush. Front and rear bumpers are straight and in good shape, could use a re-chrome. Headlight bezels are in great shape. I have all of the trim.

A low mileage rebuilt TH-350 was bought to replace the higher milage one that the PO put in it. I bought the trans rebuilt with low miles intending to rebuild it fully myself. I only ended up cleaning it and replacing the seals mangled during the tear down. Included is a master rebuild kit, sans forementioned seals, and rear clutch pack removal tool. It has an adapter, made by the PO, to allow the early engine to mount a starter required for swapping the TH-350 into an earlier car. Also included is a lokar shift linkage to replace the inventive method the PO used. See old post for more info - http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=533019

Comes with:
1962 Pontiac Factory Shop Manual on CD-rom
How to Build Max-Performance Pontiac V-8s by Jim Hand
Radiator core support - still in the box from arizona.
10SI Alternator and original generator
Tin Indian Performance stainless steel alternator mount
Passenger side fender
Anything else related I have forgotten

Best Regards

Fellyn

Old 03-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Price reduced to $2000. I am moving soon and would like to make some room.