The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Default '70-'72 GTO aftermarket full quarter review

Hi guys,

I did a write-up on this in the hopes that it may help those who have questions about these quarter panels (I know I did when before I bought one). Anyway, it is posted here on my blog:

http://www.mycardinalred.com/2012/07...-panel-review/

Please subscribe to the blog if you are interested!

Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very informative.surprised to see the re-pop is the same gauge thickness as the original.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 AM

Good write up.

Thats about how I felt about the full quarter, the eyebrow was great. The end section I got was bent and it needed some tweaking in the rear.

Although the thickness is close, I don't think its as thick. Its darn close though or maybe it varies slightly through out the piece.

Factory just feels a little sturdier in the large unsupported sections, it might be my imagination. I checked out the one section and I thought it was actually thicker(the lower rear section)... I used some leftover for patches and was like damn this is thick...

I think I got my full quarter for 350 + tax from summit(no shipping) looks like they bumped the price to 395 now. Although it took them 6 months to ship it... They kept trying to cancel, I think they were like "hey were getting screwed on shipping here"... they tried cancelling once, and the one time i showed the guy said "we can't ship this to the hq"... but eventually it went through.

Last edited by mikes2nd; 07-18-2012 at 07:42 AM.