Old 11-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

jinkies...that's worth going after...good luck!

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 11-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Never understood not giving away or at least selling something you think is valuable but that you don't take care of, or don't have the time or resources to take care of.
I used to feel the same way. But, these days I think I understand to some extent.

I apologize in advance if I drag anybody down.

Often times we just don't have the resources(money, space, time) to properly care for the vehicle. However, just having it present provides a tangible connection to the past that is worth far more than money. I think many of us feel this way. This feeling is amplified if some particular circumstance(or in my case the state of our country) causes one to lose hope in the present.
I've got an old 2 cylinder John Deere tractor that has been in the family since it was new. At this point, I've got so many other things going on that I probably won't ever do anything with it. It continues to sit outside through all the Iowa weather. But, since all the family members who had any interest in it are gone now, it won't ever be sold. Whenever I look at that tractor, I become 7 year old me again sitting on it and pretending I am out working in the field, if only for a moment. That feeling is worth more than anything that any amount of money could provide here in 2023.

The Following User Says Thank You to justincampbell For This Useful Post: