SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 68 GTO F/S

I've decided to put my GTO up for sale. This is a great car that I've done TONS of work to. I hate to sell it but it's just a big investment of time and money for something that only is only for me. My wife and girls like it but they just aren't into it like I am.

It's a numbers matching and fully documented GTO. Bought new in Alabama and stayed there all of it's life until I bought it two years ago a brought it to Atlanta. This is an exceptionally solid car! Here are some details about it.

The engine was just built by Jon Kaase (Google his name) and it's just amazing. Stock looks but a bullet proof 506hp/560ft.lbs street motor that runs on pump gas and has never ran hot! Ever drive a true 500+hp street car? It's an amazing experience! And the engine looks completely stock, original #16 heads, correct and date verified iron intake, RAIII exhaust manifolds, Quadrajet carb, HEI. Original appearance in a 500+hp engine. I have the Ralley II wheels and they're in decent shape but could use a freshen up. The wheels on the car are 17" Budnick's on Hankook tires. Anything I have changed from stock has been things that can be made factory original with ease. This car has not been molested in any way. I even have the original crank, rods and pistons.

Exterior- Nice driver quality paint job that gets compliments all the time. It does have some dings and blemishes but it's really nice. The vinyl top is in great shape, the rear bumper is new, all the emblems and lenses are really nice.

Interior- The interior is unrestored and for the age is in excellent condition. There are a few seams splitting in the driver side of the bench, but the headliner, door panels, carpet and sail panels are in very nice shape. The dash needs the most work as the bezels are faded, chrome is coming off of the knobs, the wood trim sticker is faded and the dash has two cracks in it. The window felts and the weather stripping around the door openings need to be replaced too. The car does not leak in rain, but a pressure washer will penetrate the seals.

Engine details- Scat 4340 4.5" stroker crank, 4340 Forged Scat 6.8" H beam rods, .030 over Diamond pistons custom cut by Jon Kaase Racing, ARP Main studs, blueprinted Melling high volume standard pressure oil pump. Every other bolt including the accessory bolts are ARP. Comp Hydraulic roller cam, Comp roller lifters/rockers, billet double roller timing set. Heads with hardened seats and intake (both original) ported and matched by Jon Kaase. RA III exhaust manifolds, Quadrajet by Carb Junkies (starts and responds like it's fuel injected), HEI ignition, high torque starter, billet flywheel, Butler Performance harmonic balancer, etc. The bottom end is built to handle 1000hp and 7,000 rpms, the engine makes 1/2 that much and is limited to 5800 RPMs. Engine holds 70 psi at cruise and 30-40 psi at idle. Zero smoke or blow by. Less than 1000 miles since the work was done.

Transmission- Professionally built and numbers matching TH400. B&M shift kit, Hughes full manual forward pattern valve body, Continental 3000 stall converter. B&M transmission cooler with -8AN steel braided lines and fittings. VERY strong.

Suspension- CPP 1" lowering kit installed to include all new poly bushings, new pitman arm, drag link, center link, rod ends, ball joints, thicker front and rear sway bars, lower and stiffer springs, upper and lower control arm bushings, 3 way KYB adjustable shocks. New WS6 steering box 2.2 turns lock to lock. Rides and handles like a sports car.

Driving this car is a really cool experience, it's amazingly fast, reliable, handles like it's on rails and turns heads.

$20K

68' GTO 500+HP 10.25:1 #16 iron headed pump gas street motor...YES, it can be done!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh, and here's a thread of everything else that's been done.

LINK

68' GTO 500+HP 10.25:1 #16 iron headed pump gas street motor...YES, it can be done!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

SOLD....