THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Kind of 50 yr Anniversary last Monday I forgot

I forgot an anniversary of sorts. I was preoccupied with a visit to the oncologist after a PET Scan detected prostate cancer. Wed I had the outcome. The oncologist said yes I have cancer but it's small and slow developing. Now ck the bone marrow and groin area. That's what I was thinking. Now the anniversary. I was at Kennametal working got a phone call after lunch from my friend Jim Miller,Pontiac racer,mechanic at Constantin Pontiac. His words,'your car is in'. Finally I thought since Nov of 73. Guys at work were ribbing me I didnt order a new car since Nov.One 1974 SDTA.Admiraty blue minimum options. 40k later it's still original. Blue paint shows poor paint from factory. That night I went to see the car.Sitting in darken garage,'this is mine I said have unbelieving have knowing'.Car would be ready Tuesday. So with anticipation at work that day and getting a 'check' from CU I headed to pick car up. Driving home that night was the smell of a new car,little more that quarter tank of gas.i took my time. Felt the torque, the firm shifts of the M40.i will never forget. I didnt chirp or squeal tires that would come later. Jim told me later i almost didnt get the car.i told Salesman i do not want car if it comes in as std 455. Ok. He changed order to std 455 after i left!! Dealers owner and son knew from Jim what i wanted they changed order to the SD option,whew.Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by sdbob; 03-17-2024 at 08:13 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sdbob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2024, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy 50th Anniversary, Bob!

And many more miles out of her.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-17-2024, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Happy 50th ownership Anniv.!

Old 03-17-2024, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good for you Bob lot of memories we are sure. Keep up with your doctor's and stay healthy. Bob when you get a chance post up a few pic's of the T/A.

TOM
Old 03-18-2024, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats on the anniversary! Pics please.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok I will. Car is covered up and has some dust from long winter. I'll look for some older pics. My phone somehow has'lost' my gallery of photos. I'm cking if they are just misplaced.