Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the value of my 71 T/A project.It is a white car with automatic trans and blue interior. I was told that the car has 7000 original miles, I have no way to prove this but I have talked to previous owners back to around 77-78. He told me that he bought the car as a parts car. The story is that the car was bought new and raced for around a year and it broke a rod and was parked. I do have the original block and it has one of the cylinders knocked out and a small chunk out of the surface where the oil pan mounts. The car has a freshly built 455 same casting # as the original block, but it is a 72 YC 2 bolt block. It has all new forged internals and has been balanced. 72 7f6 ho heads are also fresh, it has the original ho intake but the crossover is missing. The original ho manifolds are also there. The trans. is the original th400. The body is in pretty good condition with only light rust in the lower portion of one quarter, I do not think it will even need a patch panel. I have a NOS valance panel. One of the the previous owners painted the car black with spray cans. The trunk pan needs to be replace and I already have one. There is a little rust in the passenger front floor pan, someone left a battery in the floor. I have lots of extra parts for the car, endura noses, grills a formula hood etc. I really am just looking for your opinion as to the value so I can make the decision to fix the car or sell and move on to a different project. I really want a Judge. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 AM

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the value of my 71 T/A project.It is a white car with automatic trans and blue interior. I was told that the car has 7000 original miles, I have no way to prove this but I have talked to previous owners back to around 77-78. He told me that he bought the car as a parts car. The story is that the car was bought new and raced for around a year and it broke a rod and was parked. I do have the original block and it has one of the cylinders knocked out and a small chunk out of the surface where the oil pan mounts. The car has a freshly built 455 same casting # as the original block, but it is a 72 YC 2 bolt block. It has all new forged internals and has been balanced. 72 7f6 ho heads are also fresh, it has the original ho intake but the crossover is missing. The original ho manifolds are also there. The trans. is the original th400. The body is in pretty good condition with only light rust in the lower portion of one quarter, I do not think it will even need a patch panel. I have a NOS valance panel. One of the the previous owners painted the car black with spray cans. The trunk pan needs to be replace and I already have one. There is a little rust in the passenger front floor pan, someone left a battery in the floor. I have lots of extra parts for the car, endura noses, grills a formula hood etc. I really am just looking for your opinion as to the value so I can make the decision to fix the car or sell and move on to a different project. I really want a Judge. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can try ebay. My guess is 6000 to 9500. You are better of to sell the car than to restore it because you will have a hard time getting all your money out of it. If you are not planning on keeping the car long term sell it and buy something you will enjoy working on and keeping long term. You can not go wrong with a Judge.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:00 AM

Hi Wake 455ho.This reply doesnt got anything to do whit the value of car.But if you should sell the car,im very interessed in the nos front valance panel.If its possible you would sell it. Mail me :trgyberg@online.no.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one and want 350 for it. Email me if intested mdconsulting15@hotmail.com

Old 03-17-2005, 06:00 PM

If you part this one out I would be interested in the fenders. Send me a PM or email me richard.holloway@earthlink.net.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like your heart's not in this one, from a restoration standpoint. Never a good idea to start into a major resto project that you might not have the desire to see through to completion.

I would write a very thorough and descriptive ad, take some good pictures, and put it on eBay. If everything's there as you described, it should bring decent money that you can put toward a Judge.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would agree with wereanc55's assessment, but tough to nail it down tighter without pics. Me personally, I would keep it since Judge prices seem to be nuts these days. Sounds like you have a solid platform to start from, and these cars have a way of growing on you...

Might want to consider just a little bit of work that might go a long ways toward value return - like maybe fixing the little bit of quarter rust and replacing the trunk pan. From my experience, rust issues have always been a BIG bargaining tool for a potential buyer that can quickly and drastically drop the price more than anything else.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Thanks for your input guys, I have just about made the decision to keep the car and fix it. I have had a couple of offers but, I just can't bring myself to sell this T/A. I started stripping one of the quarters and under the paint it was near perfect. The other quarter that I described as having a little rust is really not bad at all. I do want a Judge but I really do like the 70 -73 T/As too. I just cant see selling this car to buy another project car in worse shape. I am going to start on this car and keep looking for a Judge project. If I can figure it out I will post a couple of pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mvc-006s.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5482  

Old 03-20-2005, 08:46 PM

Pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mvc-007s.jpg
Views:	198