Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60man View Post
Not sure I can make it but.........how will trailer parking/security be handled. I'll be racing(might show to) and I'm sure a lot of show cars will be towed as well..
Thanks..
To expand on Doug's reply a bit. The system from 09 was rendered useless before we even got there to set up the parking lot! We have an entirely new plan in place this time. The lot will be marked the week before the show! We will also have guys working the trailer parking lots everyday. In 09 there were 100 trailers taking up 225 spots...

For the racers, there will be the option of camping at the track as well, no tents, but who tent camps in the pits anyway?

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
Cap,

There are still PLENTY of rooms available in the area, but several hotels are sold out peak nights (such as the Holiday Inn and Homewood Suites). The committee was just in Dayton last Thursday going over a lot of details and the Hope Hotel and Conference Center still has over 200 rooms available! It is a unique hotel (being located on the USAF Museum grounds) that has undergone an extensive remodel since 2009. It is a little longer drive to the Nutter Center, but still within 5 minutes. They also have a breakfast option with Packy's (attached to the hotel). Overall very cost effective. Also worth noting that the GTOAA Awards Banquet and POCI Chapter Night will be taking place at The Hope. They have much larger banquet space available than the Holiday Inn. All of the convention committe is staying at the Hope Hotel and plenty of space available.
Thanks Doug. Made our reservations this morning.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
To expand on Doug's reply a bit. The system from 09 was rendered useless before we even got there to set up the parking lot! We have an entirely new plan in place this time. The lot will be marked the week before the show! We will also have guys working the trailer parking lots everyday. In 09 there were 100 trailers taking up 225 spots...

For the racers, there will be the option of camping at the track as well, no tents, but who tent camps in the pits anyway?
Great - my room has been booked. (right Rob?)

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Booked my room a few weeks ago.

Car is in a million pieces now and still needs to be painted but it should be ready by then - 70 Peppergreen RAIV GTO, M21, 4.33, bench seat, manual steering, manual brakes, radio delete. Neat car that Matt M. found for me and Doug P. inspected for me while I was spending 15 months of fun in the Sunni Triangle.

Still have to figure out how to get the wife, baby, and cat over to Korea and settled in June, start my new job, then take leave to come back for the Co-Vention...

Scott

Old 01-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Great - my room has been booked. (right Rob?)
Your taken care of!

Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks gto (Cap) View Post
Doug, I copied your earlier letter and pasted it on Facebook (both the GTOAA FB page & the 2013 Event page). Hopefully, this will help folks get a room. Larry Crider of POCI was one of them. He's one of the "Friends" on the 2013 event & GTOAA pages.
If I hear of more, I'll copy them to you. ~Robin
Cap,
Larry Crider is the asst. convention coordinator who works for convention coordinator Art Barrett. Both men are current POCI Directors .

'65 Buick Sport Wagon Custom, 340, T350, 3:23
'66 GTO Post/468, 700R4, 3.31 (Mike's as of 9-16)
'68 Grand Prix/455, dual AFBs, T400, 2:93 posi (sold)
'72 TA tribute/461, T400, 3.08, (Russ's as of 9-16)
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Turbo, Konis, 5 speed
'09 Torrent GXP, nav, Sun & Sound pkg., Bilsteins
Old 01-16-2013, 12:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspin View Post
Cap,
Larry Crider is the asst. convention coordinator who works for convention coordinator Art Barrett. Both men are current POCI Directors .
..and both men get comped rooms through the convention!

www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Robin said "My mistake it was Al Fanning not Larry". Our bad. But Al has probably read the facebook post quoting Doug by now.
Cap

Cap & Robin Proffitt-GTOAA PR & Member Recruitment Team
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Racers

The local track Kil Kare has posted a tenative schedule. I am not part of the convention planning but if they have the Pontiac race Friday, Saturday is the normal race day and they are having the Xtreme outlaw series also. It may also interest people that Thursday is test and tune!

•July 13 - Xtreme Outlaw Series & NHRA Summit ET Bracket Racing - Gates Open at 10:00
Adults $10, Student ID/Seniors 55 & Over $5, Military ID FREE!

http://kilkare.com
http://xtremeoutlawseries.com

Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince GTO View Post
The local track Kil Kare has posted a tenative schedule. I am not part of the convention planning but if they have the Pontiac race Friday, Saturday is the normal race day and they are having the Xtreme outlaw series also. It may also interest people that Thursday is test and tune!

•July 13 - Xtreme Outlaw Series & NHRA Summit ET Bracket Racing - Gates Open at 10:00
Adults $10, Student ID/Seniors 55 & Over $5, Military ID FREE!

http://kilkare.com
http://xtremeoutlawseries.com
Vince,

We have an agreement in place for track rental on Friday, July 12th from 8-4 for the official convention drag race. Racers can participate in the races you highlited above for Saturday. While it is not published yet, they have an announcement coming up about a new Thursday night program which Kyle said Pontiac racers would be welcome to participate in. Pending the announcement of the new Thursday night deal, I believe that tune and test is moving to Wednesday. If nothing else was going on, we could play at the track for 4 straight days! -Doug

Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Why isn't this a "sticky" yet?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyponchos View Post
Cap,

There are still PLENTY of rooms available in the area, but several hotels are sold out peak nights (such as the Holiday Inn and Homewood Suites). The committee was just in Dayton last Thursday going over a lot of details and the Hope Hotel and Conference Center still has over 200 rooms available! It is a unique hotel (being located on the USAF Museum grounds) that has undergone an extensive remodel since 2009. It is a little longer drive to the Nutter Center, but still within 5 minutes. They also have a breakfast option with Packy's (attached to the hotel). Overall very cost effective. Also worth noting that the GTOAA Awards Banquet and POCI Chapter Night will be taking place at The Hope. They have much larger banquet space available than the Holiday Inn. All of the convention committe is staying at the Hope Hotel and plenty of space available.
Wow..15 days ago you posted this and I just called to get a room and they stated they are 15 people overbooked....no rooms. Having trouble locating lodging now at a reasonable price...would like to attend. Guess ill keep calling each week and hopefully catch a cancellation somewhere. $159 a nite in Dayton OH? High taxes there?!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just a thought but you might try hotels in Springfield on Leffel Ln. It's exit 54 off of I-70. About 25 minutes to the Co-vention. Should be able to find hotels closer, but if not this is an option. It's all highway from here to the nutter center.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1050goat View Post
Just a thought but you might try hotels in Springfield on Leffel Ln. It's exit 54 off of I-70. About 25 minutes to the Co-vention. Should be able to find hotels closer, but if not this is an option. It's all highway from here to the nutter center.
Okay, thanks for the heads up. Do you not need to be registered for the show in order to get a room rate? Is this like in years past where people reserve multiple rooms then get there and end up not using all their rooms?? Hard to believe all the area hotels are booked this early, guess early birds get the worm.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Wow..15 days ago you posted this and I just called to get a room and they stated they are 15 people overbooked....no rooms. Having trouble locating lodging now at a reasonable price...would like to attend. Guess ill keep calling each week and hopefully catch a cancellation somewhere. $159 a nite in Dayton OH? High taxes there?!
Pat, not sure why you are having trouble finding a room. The following is the information I received from the hotels at the end of day yesterday. You need to call the hotels direct and request a blocked room.

Country Inn & Suites, 937-429-2222, 10 blocked rooms still available @ $122.
Coutyard, 937-429-5203, 24 blocked rooms still available @ $146.
Fairborn Hotel & Inn, 937-879-3920, 70 blocked rooms still available @ $78.
Fairfield Inn, 937-427-0800, 10 blocked rooms still available @ $134.
Hampton Inn - SOLD OUT
Hilton Garden Inn, 937-458-2650, 35 blocked rooms still available @ $145.
Holiday Inn - SOLD OUT
Homewood Suites - SOLD OUT
Hope Hotel, 937-879-2696, 180 blocked rooms still available @ $91.
Ramada Limited, 937-490-2000, 33 blocked rooms still available @ $123.
Red Roof, 937-426-6116, 17 rooms still available @ $73 (although I have heard they are charging more).
Residence Inn, 937-427-3914, 19 blocked rooms still available @ $163.
Suburban Extended Stay, 937-426-2608, 35 block rooms still available @ $100.
Wingate, 937-912-9350, 38 block rooms still available @ $123.

Try some of these and let me know if you are still having trouble. Prices above include taxes. -Doug

Old 02-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Okay, thanks for the heads up. Do you not need to be registered for the show in order to get a room rate? Is this like in years past where people reserve multiple rooms then get there and end up not using all their rooms?? Hard to believe all the area hotels are booked this early, guess early birds get the worm.
Pat, we are checking room reservations against registrations to make sure people are registered and not 'hoarding' rooms only to back out. See above post, lots of rooms available. We obviously like you to be registered for the event before reserving room. Mention to the hotel that you are coming in for the POCI-GTOAA Co-Vention and they should put you in the block. -Doug

Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

471 blocked rooms still available in the immediate area. If Joe Blow calls for a room and doesn't mention the convention, they should not be offered a blocked room, correct? Might be the issue right there!

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 02-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Pat, I'm curious what hotel(s) you called?

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the additional info....got my wife on it now, she's in full on honey badger mode now she has stuff she wants to do when we are there. I think she booked a place about 25 minutes away. She's still looking for closer, but I'll forward the info to her. Thanks for all the help here fellas. Looking forward to the show.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulatFast View Post
Pat, I'm curious what hotel(s) you called?
Called the hope hotel twice, forgot the first time to tell it was for the poci convention, called second time and they stated they were 15 overbooked. Is that number accurate for the hope hotel Doug? Do I have to ask for a blocked room? I asked about the convention and still was told overbooked. ??