WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Value question

Thinking about buying an '06 for my daily driver.

What would an under 10K mile, 6spd car, MINT condition be worth? NADA says high 16's ... what do you guys think?

Thanks for your input.

Phil
1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Heck, I've been thinking of buying an 05-06 myself. I looked on ebay and almost every car on there id in Florida. Nothing even close to Oregon. But not a month ago I saw a nice 30k mile one owner 05 got for $10,000. So, with 10k or less, don't pay the huge prices you are seeing on the auction. Post a wanted ad in your local paper. This is how I bought both my 67 GTO and 68 Firebird's. Sometimes people will be on the edge if they want to sell a car or not. So when they see someone looking for one, it makes them fall over the edge so to speak. Also, just say looking fr a low mile car. That way your not going to miss a beautiful 12K car. Or, one with only 8k that would cost the same price. You may have but one chance to buy something. But, a million chances to sell something. AN old man I knew well who collected antique high end fishing gear taught me that. And, that's when I stopped selling him what I found so he could re sell it. And, I became one of the big boys in my area dealing antique fishing gear.

Well, a long post for your simple question. My idea about the wanted listing in local paper works well for other things. Not just cars. Good luck, and if you score, send me a PM I'd like to hear what you found. Personally, I like them very much. I also like my older cars. Mike in Oregon Wishing you, and yours, a fine day.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike .. awesome post .. u've encouraged me to keep looking and wait ... i'm in the driver's seat with cash to spend.
1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather