WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I'm trying to fallow 05 & 06 Prices !!!

Greetings, I seldom get here, but a long time PY's member. I have decided to keep an eye out for a low mile 05 or 06 GTO, since I have the money to buy one if I let other things I want to own go bye, bye. However, trying to fallow and get a real price on these cars is very difficult. I see on the auction a local car in my area with less than 10,000 miles on it but it's a buy it now at 23,000 +. Red automatic car, normal painted wheels and so on. Seems a bit high for sure.

So, to be honest, I'm not even sure what the difference between the 05 and 06 are? I can live with an automatic car at fifty years of age, although when I've looked at the new Chevy for 2010, if I went that rout I'd but the stick car for two reasons. It's less money, and I believe the re sale would be more if it came to it at some point.

I also have a lot of respect and love for the new G8 GXP. 4 doors are not my choice as I'm single, but the fact the car is so well loved by those who own it, it's something I have considered. And, if I wait they will be gone. Of course the cost of them is much more then the GTO, so that is also a a consideration. I may have the funds, but it does not mean there is no place else I could use the money. So, It's more of a trade off.

Any input on these cars would be welcome to a guy who owns 66, 67 and 68 cars. Good day friends.

Mike in Oregon
Old 09-02-2009, 02:51 PM

i choose to buy an 04 when i got mine. not much difference in power, but the ls1 and 6-sp is a very tried and truely relieable combo. also much better milage. i love mine as a dd. i get anywhere for 24-29 mpg with mine. take off 2-3 with and auto and another 2-3 with a 05-06 car. (6.0) no difference between and 05 and 06, except the taillights. both are a little different from the 04. get the 6-sp for the fun factor. 0 to 60 and quarter mile times are a tick faster with the auto. so it is kinda a trade off. something to look for would be a strut rub on the front tires. any more ?'s just ask i will do what i can.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is a chart copied from another site that may help.

$21,000 is to high, imo Keep looking and check CraigsList daily now that college is going back. Or, run your own ads WANTED.

Some deals out there. Mid to upper $ Teens for 05 and 06s

COPIED:

04-06 GTO Differences

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 GTO LS1 348ci 5.7L V8 350Hp@ 5200RPM/ 365 lb-ft Torque @ 4000RPM
- Flat hood
- Dual Exhaust(about 2 1/4" in some places it necked down to 2")
- 17" Rims only
- Tremec T56 M12 6 speed manual/ Hydramatic 4L60-E 4-speed automatic
- No dead pedal

2005 GTO LS2 364ci 6.0L V8 400Hp @ 5200RPM/ 400 lb-ft Torque @ 4000 RPM
- Exhaust manifolds were trimmed down from 4mm to 3mm to increase flow and make them lighter
- "Ram Air" hood
- Split dual exhaust 2 1/2" w/modified rear bumper cover with "GTO"
- Different gauge font
- 17" Rims standard 18" optional
- Improved drivetrain(driveshaft,differental, and CV's)
- Brakes(increased in size from 11.6" to 12.6" front) Rear brakes got vented disk a change from 04 solid rear disk. All calpers painted red, front calipers had GTO and PBR script.
- Flat hood was an option
- Tremec T56 M12 6 speed Manual/Upgraded to the Hydramatic 4L65-E 4-speed Auto
- Dead padal added
- Rear deck lid read "Pontiac" not present on the 04 model

2006 GTO Same as 2005 GTO w/some improvements listed below:
- Blacked out tail lamps
- Lighted Steering wheel contols
- Door lock button in center console
- Optional smokers package w/two 12V power outlets
- "Faster" power seats
-

LS2 Engine:LS2 Small-Block Engine

Last edited by JLHarper; 09-02-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the information. I have taken some advise. I have a local 8,900 mile red on red auto car here, the guys is dead firm at 22k. I made an offer of 19k, because it comes with some nice extra things like high end car cover, Navigation, some coverage still through GM and so on. I was turned down flat. So, I'll look. Ebay seems to be listing the same cars week after week, with only a few real value cars selling. Thanks friends. Mike