Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 PM

the body went off today to the sandblaster, he has been busy with mustangs and chevelles. he will remove paint and epoxy coat the body, est cost is less than 600 bucks. i thougth we had the frame all finished but my son now wants to put a c6 corvette suspension on it. he has already started collecting parts.this looks to be a long time project now.the best thing about using the corvette parts is the oil pan will fit along with where the alternator is on the l99 engine. so i will save some cost in not having to by a pan and bracket to move the alternator which i almost did. the rack steering on the corvette should connect right up to the power steering pump also.. anyhow thats where we are right now.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:34 AM

a update, got the body back and now iam waiting to get some replacement body parts.sent back a bunch of trunk parts, goodmark and amd all junk.my son ordered some on ebay and waiting to get them. he also got a complete corvette front suspension fron a 2009 vette. it looks like it wont be hard to adapt to the pontiac. the motor mounts will match up with the l99 mounts which came on the engine we got. maybe i wont have to relocate the alternator and air cond. compressor but that will a while down the road as i will get the body done first to get some room in the garage..

Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 PM

just got the front cowl and rear cowl and they are very good, they are both dynacor. the goodmark and amd ones were junk.. now to get them welded in

Old 07-13-2012, 07:08 PM

mt son just corrected me. the good cowl and trunk parts are sherman. got them on ebay

Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM

just got the front cowl welded in and now just have to grind off the welds,also decieded to make the rear window flush mounted so have to work that out and picked up a miller plasma cutter which i will need to fab parts fot the corvette front end. that will be a lot later..this 100 degree temps are putting work on hold ..

Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM

http://iimuchfabrication.wordpress.c...r-fabrication/ looks like it would be easy to fab a concil or dash

Old 08-22-2012, 09:22 PM

this project has become more than restoring a 1970 pontiac and putting in a l99 engine and tremac tranny, project has now come to flush mounting the glass , removing the drip rails, putting in a dash and seats,gas tank gages from a 2004 gto, along with the front suspension from a 2006 corvette. just got the front and rear glass from summit . glass is from amd. the cowl from the 2004 gto is great as it had a clutch ..just got a larger gas tank for the mig along with a plasma cutter, so the fun begins soon

Old 08-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Holy @#$% Chuck, what has Mike talked you into here?
:-)
Russ

Old 08-23-2012, 08:46 PM

evertime he sees something on musclcar here we go, at my age i may not see the end result

Old 09-12-2012, 08:40 PM

russ we cut the front of the frame off just in front of the body mounts and welded 2 rails on, as soon as we finish all of the welding we are going to mock up the corvette front and then get the mounts we will need welded on, so getting close to getting the engine and tranny in place so we will then know what to do with the tranny tunnel..

Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 PM

a update, cold weather is about to end the project for a while. got the corvette front cradle all in and made some front wheels from 3/4 inch plywood as i will need to get some 20 inch wheels to fit on the corvette spindles. should get a new corvette oil pan from gmpp next week so should be able to put the l99 engine in place and then see how the body will fit up. had to get corvette motor mounts. and upper control arm brackets to finish the corvette cradle assy. probably set the body on to see if the tranny tunnel will need to be modified and this will probably do it for this year as i need the garage space for 2 more cars for winter

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM

anyone know if i can put a mustang gt500 rear end in the pontiac. it looks like the mustang is off center??/ on further though the mustang pinion is probable off center which would put the driveshaft centered.. you can see i know nothing about a mustang rear end

Last edited by mcshooter; 01-23-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:24 PM

been some time but a update, we have the engine together, put in a comp cam, took the heads to the shop that makes trick flow heads for summit racing and had trunion kit installed and polished, got a mast 102 throttle body, removed the variable valve timing and lifters . engine and tranny is setting in the frame.. had to move the cowl back 8 inches due to the corvette front cradle .have it all welded in . now have to weld up all the holes due to the mustang 3rd link. if weather holds out we are going to tube it 2 inches. also will try to cut out some of the floor due to moving the seats back because of the cowl. there wont be any room for a back seat.. hope at my old age ..76 I get to see this car done. also my son picked up a 67 Pontiac gto, a 1958 Plymouth belvedere 2 door hardtop .. the 67 gto is ingreat cond minus the engine and tranny, the 58 Plymouth is a major job to restore. he also got a 1972 Pontiac lemans which is in super cond, it is a forida car with 58000 miles so no rust, its just an body on the frame, no engine or tranny but would be a easy restore since it would need no metal replaced..

Old 10-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What engine did you choose?

Old 10-11-2014, 07:43 PM

We got a l99 with 4000 miles and put in a Texas speed performance cam which is a comp cam, removed the variable valve timing, lifters, and phaser so its basically a ls3 with a cam. We have a mast 102 mm throttle body and will probably have to get there intake. We changed the headers and I think we have corvette z06 headers, have to ask my son about that, we still have a lot to do to the interior since using a 2005 got dash and tranny tunnel and mustang gt 500 rear which causes the center link to protrude into where the back seat would be.if I knew how to attach pictures I would, my son says iam comp illerate, I guess at 76 years old iam entitled to be ,,,ha ha