Old 08-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchjoe View Post
Joe
The labor to do the unthinkable has to be in the thousands and you are not really gaining anything especially when you are trying to move. Hang in there it will happen.
Joe
I hear you, believe me! The LAST thing I want to do is deal with pulling apart a car and shipping parts here and there. Did it once before and it was incredible hectic to say the least! We close on the house one week from tomorrow and I need to be thinking about moving and installing outlets, doors, trim and carpet!

Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Senior Chief

I would try advertising on carsonline.com and maybe racingjunk. A lot of good exposure on those sights. That is a beautiful car and to nice to hack up. I understand you are in a pinch but I think it will sell itself. It would be far to risky in my opinion to start pulling apart and realisticly I dont think you would come away with nearly what your anticipating in parts compared to selling it whole by the time real people show up with real money. I would hate to see you pull it apart and have it take forever to sell parts off.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drailed View Post
I would try advertising on carsonline.com and maybe racingjunk. A lot of good exposure on those sights. That is a beautiful car and to nice to hack up. I understand you are in a pinch but I think it will sell itself. It would be far to risky in my opinion to start pulling apart and realisticly I dont think you would come away with nearly what your anticipating in parts compared to selling it whole by the time real people show up with real money. I would hate to see you pull it apart and have it take forever to sell parts off.
Will do! Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 08-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchjoe View Post
Joe
The labor to do the unthinkable has to be in the thousands and you are not really gaining anything especially when you are trying to move. Hang in there it will happen.
Joe
If he did all the work himself it would be worth it....just a shame to do it but hey ya godda do what you godda do right?

You could almost name your price on all the rust free sheet metal and other nice parts though

Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefromen View Post
If he did all the work himself it would be worth it....just a shame to do it but hey ya godda do what you godda do right?

You could almost name your price on all the rust free sheet metal and other nice parts though
Problem is, I do not have the time and this would seriously hurt me more than selling the car outright. I'd love to see her go to a good loving home...

Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know a guy interested in a set of Rally I's and redlines.

It'd be a shame to cut up this car. If you do decide to perform the unfortunate task, you better have cash in hand before making a single cut.

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826

Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I mentioned, the red lines & Rally I's, red fender well liners & complete converted AM radio system have been spoken for and I could actually remove those parts and still sell the car itself complete aside from those parts with a set of 15" Rally II's with new white letter tires and a non working 67 AM radio installed and save someone 2k off my 18k asking price. That puts someone into my LeMans for 16k and the only thing they would be missing is a working radio and speakers!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Should be interesting to see what happens with Ebay as there has been a flurry of activity tonight. Emails, calls and offers, although close, nothing rock solid at this point. I have people wanting to trade, buy parts, remove parts etc. I am holding out for an outright cash buyer for the complete car as is for 18k. If not, I now have options if at least one of these potential buyers are serious and have cash.

If I didn't need all the cash I would have taken one trade for sure, a 98 T/A WS6, 6-speed, all blacked out with T-tops, black interior 32k miles, one owner car from TX. This car plus 10k cash! One of the few cars that really caught my attention when talking trades!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As I predicted there has been several phone calls, deals, offers etc. on the table. I am holding to my asking price and until someone plops down the cash, the car is still for sale. There are 2 very serious/interested buyers in play right now, I believe it's a matter of who can get the cash together first and get down here first at this point. Time will tell...

Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good for you, I hope one of the offers materalizes. If one of your two players cannot come up with your asking amount I would appreciate it if you could pass along my information for my Sprint 6 67 LeMans that I would like to part with and replace with the same in a convertible. The convertible is currently on hold until I can move this one along. I have a for sale thread already created here on PY. Thank You very much.

Tim john---

Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

and how many times have you been told by people who may be interested "too bad it's not a GTO" or "yeah it's nice but it's just a Lemans"........

Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
and how many times have you been told by people who may be interested "too bad it's not a GTO" or "yeah it's nice but it's just a Lemans"........
Believe it or not, not once!!!

Everyone is amazed with this car it's just a matter of finding someone with the cash and willing to pull the trigger. I am not budging on my price, I guess people think I am in a pinch (which I am) as I am now closing on the house this Friday. However, I will not allow this situation to cause me to accept an offer less than what I feel is fair. People are willing to drop 35k on GTOs with rusted frames, patches floors and mudded up quarters, 18k for a rock solid, rust free LeMans w/69k miles that runs and drives like a dream and has 5k worth of OEM options is not unreasonable in my mind.

To be honest, I think some people think this condition of this car is too good to be true. I know I did when I bought it 2-1/2 years ago off Ebay. I called the people and told them give me 9 hours to drive there, if it's what you say it is, I'll buy it! They did and I did! I need a buyer like me, knows what he/she wants, has the cash in hand, ready & willing to pull the trigger! We pulled into the driveway, it was 20* out, freezing, I felt the engine it was ice cold. Reached through the window, turned the key and the car fired right up! I looked at my friend and handed the owner an envelope with the cash. It was that fast, quick and simple & easy! I bought the car for 15.5k and have put 5k into it. Asking 18k in my opinion is not unreasonable by any standards.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Car is more rare than the multiple re-body 67 GTOs out there! This car deserves someone who appreciates it.

Last edited by ponchjoe; 08-08-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like this car, I want this car, I have the cash in hand, but it needs a better owner than me.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I saw this car in Gainesville a couple years ago at a BOP event, before a lot of nice options were added. It's absolutely beautiful. If I bought it, I'm afraid it would become my daily driver and that I'd wear it out. Someone PLEASE buy this car!

Old 08-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I like this car, I want this car, I have the cash in hand, but it needs a better owner than me.
Care to float me a loan at a rediculously low interest rate for 10yrs?

Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks guys. Yes this car was at Gainesville a couple years back. As it stands right now, I have a potential buyer flying in tomorrow night. If he does not buy the car I have another potential buyer waiting for his decision and he will then fly in to look at the car. If neither buy the car I have a possible third who will buy the car but wants me to store it for three months (I am not thrilled about this idea for as my new place is nothing like where I am now, shop wise and the liability factor etc.). Last option is the buyer in Norway, this buyer will pay 20k USD but can not ship the car out of the USA until late Spring. Another storage situation...

Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator67 View Post
I think I saw this car in Gainesville a couple years ago at a BOP event, before a lot of nice options were added. It's absolutely beautiful. If I bought it, I'm afraid it would become my daily driver and that I'd wear it out. Someone PLEASE buy this car!
Thank you. This car has been our daily, around town driver since we bought. I am happy and proud to say that we have driven this car almost every single day that we have owned it! I don't know how many classic car owners can make that claim, but we can! In fact, I don't know if there have ever been more than 3 days in a row that we didn't drive this car provided we weren't out of town. And the only reason for that would have been due to rain. Otherwise, we drive this ole girl just about everywhere we go! People in this little town know us by this car.

It will be a sad day when she goes. If there were any other way, believe me, we would own this car forever! If I were 100% blind I'd still own this car if I could. There have been nights when I have gone out to the shop and sat in this car when all else has seemed to be falling around us, and for whatever reason getting in this car and shutting the door was like erasing everything bad that was taking place in my life at that very moment.

I know this sounds crazy to some, but there will be some of you guys who get what I mean. I am simply doing this for one reason and one reason only. We have been given this one amazing chance at home ownership again due to an amazing person's kindness. I want to now take this one time opportunity with the one resource I have and make this empty house into a home for us. I used to be a contractor many years ago. I believe I can do this work one last time, although difficult given my vision issue. If I can do it and pull this off, it will be something I can give my wife and son and something I can be proud of. And knowing that our old car gave us the means to make it happen will forever be in our hearts. The trip we took in our LeMans to POCI last summer was one of the greatest times of my life as I knew then that it would be my last driving her on a long trip anyway and I also knew our days together were limited.

Again, to some people this will all sound crazy, but to me it's been a lifetime of Pontiac passion. My Dad buying his first brand new car when I was 3, a 71 Catalina conv., my older brother's 79 T/A set me on a course of pure Pontiac madness that will forever be in my blood whether I own one or not! My best friend in HS who bought a 76 T/A, he then married my wife's sister, he then passed away at 22 y/o, he told me one time "life is too short, everyone should drive a Pontiac". Little did he know he would pass at 22 and leave behind a wife and two boys. He died 25 years ago shortly after we graduated from HS. I will never forget his advise and his words. I am fortunate that I have been able to own two fine Pontiacs as some people have never owned even one...

Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Car is still for sale. First person to come and look is a re-seller. Because I am not willing to budge on my asking price it is "making it difficult for him to turn the car and make a profit" from his buyer. Oh well, I am the one I need to be concerned with. If the car does not sell by Weds. I will begin selling parts, plain & simple! We closed on our house this morning and we need light fixtures, doors, trim & carpet. Gotta do what ya gotta do!

Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just re-listed on Ebay for 3-days.

Rally I's/red lines, red fender well liners & complete stereo system come out and sold as of Weds morning if the car does not sell. The only other thing sold is the frame with floor pans & suspension. The COMPLETE BODY, interior & drive train will be up for grabs.

Contact me via cell and or Email for parts. Do not contact me through PM's on here as my box fills up TOO FAST!

Please DO NOT contact me regarding PARTS UNTIL Weds!