Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 03-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Senior Chief

Default need a new rad

ended up putting a hole in my rad during the engine removal or install, not sure. it was getting to be in rough shape anywaysand I'm pretty sure its still the original ... thinking about installing one of those combo rad/electric fan units. any recommendations or suggestions???

Old 03-14-2015, 11:09 PM

Our host have a new line of rads.Maybe look into them.Could be first here to try and post thoughts on fit & quality? cold-case... Coldcaseradiators.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-14-2015, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacs-r-us View Post
Our host have a new line of rads.Maybe look into them.Could be first here to try and post thoughts on fit & quality? cold-case... Coldcaseradiators.com

wonder if these work with the stock unmodified fan shroud?

Old 03-15-2015, 09:26 AM

Not sure if you're looking for brass or aluminum but I bought an aluminum radiator from our host for my 1969 GTO and installed it last week. It was a fairly tight fit but can confirm that it fits without any modification to the shroud.

.040 over 400, 68cc #62 heads, stump puller cam
TH400, 3.31 posi
Old 03-15-2015, 12:01 PM

Is that the Cold-Case rad? Says once painted cannot tell from OE,so was thinking stock fan & shroud should fit also. Fairly reasonable price compared to some,and if stamped just like OE,sounds like a winner. They are a 2row design but with enlarged tubes.If this is what you have Rodney,let's us know how it works? If runs cooler or not.Thanks,KD

Old 03-15-2015, 12:05 PM

Rodney,is this the Cold-Case radiator? If so,let us know how it works once you get some run time w/it...Says once painted almost unable to tell its not an OE.With the price,if it fits and cools well,seams like a winner?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:57 PM

This one is a Desert Cooler radiator, seems to work great so far. I'm not sure about painting this one and it looking stock, there are some differences between the two such as differences in the tank ribs but like I said, it fits with an unmodified fan shroud so that's a big plus.

.040 over 400, 68cc #62 heads, stump puller cam
TH400, 3.31 posi
Old 03-15-2015, 11:15 PM

Don't think that's it? One I was speaking of is called Cold-Case.Chris spoke of them as a project in the works for Maxperformance when he was talking about letting retail side go to Ames.I saw an add in new Smokes Signals last week.I checked out web site and their showing as a Maxperformance company. I'm sure there a good piece,and have an attractive price point. Maybe someone will chime on these in next few days?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:59 PM

I got this response from cold case regarding fitment with stock unmodified shrouds.

" Yes. These are made very close to original spec. The big difference is that they are 2 row. They even have the bracket and original style stamping on the tanks."