Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:17 AM
Suspended

Default Lexapro buspar Ambien long term effects

this friend of mine takes all these pills on a daily basis,, his head doctor told him its ok.... he used to smoke pot 10 years ago, {he was fine back then} he quit the pot and started seeing that quack, i watch him eat those buspars like a 5 year old with a pez dispenser lol

he never wants to mow the little patch of grass outside his townhouse,, the old man next door has to mow it for him after it gets a foot tall. what takes most people one day to do takes him days to weeks to complete.

so what do you see happing in 10 more years of taking these pills?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeff, he must not know any lawyers!

Joe, I remember reading some stuff about ambien, because a friend of mine takes it pretty regularly. I don't remember where I saw it, though - you should google it.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

http://www.webmd.com/search/search_r...Type=undefined

Old 07-03-2007, 01:44 AM
Senior Chief

Lexapro is an anti depressant, usually for psychosis, anxiety and depression, in heavier doses, Bi-Polar disorder. Buspar is an antianxiety and Ambien is a sleep aid for insomniacs (heavy duty) and is usually associated with hyper anxiety, hyper emotionality PTSD, BiPolar disorder.

Seems to me the guy is post traumatic stress disordered and suffers from hyper anxiety.

What makes him fear or refrain from doing things for weeks that take others a day to do? ASPD (anti social personality disorder) Fear of being around others, being seen by others and acknowlwdged by others.

Unfortunately, the advantages of taking the meds to better his life outweigh the side effects in most people. Imagine how he would be if not taking meds....

Buspar is non habit forming and takes 6-8 weeks for onset of the SSRI (selective serotin reuptake inhibitors) effect to onset. Taking more than prescribed is an effect of panic attack onset. He relizes the Buspar has mellowed him out, but he is looking towards Buspar (eating them like Pez) to calm his anxiety or panic attacks. Taking more will not decrease these onsets.

If he is a friend, I suggest you discuss this with him and tell him to look at Xanax (p.r.n/taken as needed) during onsets of panic or anxiety.

I would find another doctor and have him be truthful about his symptoms. I would go with Paxil, xanax and maybe the Ambien later on if the panic attacks do not subside. He appears really high strung with no real outlet and needs to channel his focus and energy positively and that should, after 4-6 months decrease or cease the need for a sleep aid.
Just my 5 cents.

Last edited by Banshee; 07-03-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Suspended

yea thats another thing,,,,he uses all these "disorders" as reasons to not do things. besides his mental issues he has a ton of fake physical issues.

until it comes time to install an engine in his car,, then all these issues (physical and mental) disapear... but he cant think straight and work correctly due to the freaking pills.... one day he installed his front brake calipers on the wrong sides,,, bleeder upsidedown...... after backing into my 6ft tall fence with the 14ft opening lol

Old 07-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanjoe
yea thats another thing,,,,he uses all these "disorders" as reasons to not do things. besides his mental issues he has a ton of fake physical issues until it comes time to install an engine in his car,, then all these issues (physical and mental) disapear... but he cant think straight and work correctly due to the freaking pills.... one day he installed his front brake calipers on the wrong sides,,, bleeder upsidedown...... after backing into my 6ft tall fence with the 14ft opening lol
O.K.

My PERSONAL opinion....

Anxiety and depression with some slight associated with attention deficit disorder. ADD or ADHD (hyperactivity) if the symptoms of detatchment manifest themselves for longer than a month. (reference the engine install issue)

What I am saying, is that typical persons deal with everything as they come along..cutting the grass, laundry, the dreaded household maintenance that are so labor intensive. By a person ignoring the day to day stuff and only becoming focused/interested or feverish on doing only one thing is a sign of ADD/ADHD and anxiety. Again, only my opinion, but have been around many of mentally ill people to get in the proximity.

Again, an individual wanting to get better will be completely honest, truthful and painfully elaborate in order for any doctor to diagnose, treat and maintain (not cure) his ailments.

Alcoholics use excuses as to why they beat their wives and kids, gamble, drive drunk, abuse alcohol, call in sick...etc. To each his own, I am no Judge. But if you have a problem, know about it, have sought limited assistance, but still make excuses, I have no remorse for them.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My Doc gave me Ambien CR when i asked for some thing to help me sleep.I took the 30 little pills that cost me $50.00 and did not sleep any better.Not all at once!
He gave me 4 refills,but won't refill my Diazepam and Percocet he gave me for my Sciatica.I told him I sleep with the Diazepam,the Percocet i don't need or like.
But he gives some one i know unlimited Vicodin refills.I don't get it with Doctors?
It took a ER Doc who looked like he should be sitting at the Bus station talking to the wall to find what the best Doctors could not.I had 18" of intestine removed and am a live today thanks to him!
I had one retard Doc[Dot Head] asked me if my heart was broken???WTF has that got to do with going from 210lbs to 125lbs in 6 years?
Its worse then gambling trying to find a real good Doctor these days.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"this friend of mine"...uh-huh....
ditch the scrips and go back to the pot if it worked for you.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Suspended

HAHA,, its not me,,,,i got the best lawn on the block,, i mow every week, i even enjoy yard work and working outside.

Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO,if you have panic attacks/anxiety problems,,,DONT go with prozac,lexapro,welbutrin,ect.CRAP.Go with ativan,clozanapan(sp?)Panic attack/anxiety problems can show all kinds of weird symptoms,,,but some times when you get focused on doing something,,it goes away for a while.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

in my opinion, don't take medical advice from a bunch of car guys on a web forum!!
that said, lunesta helps me sleep immensely without the bad trip dreams of ambien.
downside is you wake up with the strong taste of ...say.... fishy, old, moldy monkey ass mixed with rust in your mouth.
that gets better with time, but hasn't gone away entirely for me.
great trade, though, if you have chronic insomnia like i do.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshopmike
in my opinion, don't take medical advice from a bunch of car guys on a web forum!!.
WTF! Then you go on to recommend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedshopmike
that said, lunesta helps me sleep immensely without the bad trip dreams of ambien. downside is you wake up with the strong taste of ...say.... fishy, old, moldy monkey ass mixed with rust in your mouth. that gets better with time, but hasn't gone away entirely for me. great trade, though, if you have chronic insomnia like i do.
Please do not post any engine builds or tips here within the performance forum.

I bill $150 an hour. I think you and Cha-Ka need a dose of reality.