Old 08-09-2000, 09:40 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

I had the experience with the Be Cool radiator for a 69-72 GTO. My friend had heard that it would help his car. Unfortunately the radiatior will not work in a STOCK application. The radiator will Not fit in the fan shroud. It will not work with the rubber isolatiors. Upon measurment the Be Cool is only 28 inches compaired to the stock of 29 inches. It may work with Modifing the fan shroud.(cutting/hacking)
It also will not line up with the tabs on the core support. Be cools tech support said that it would work with Modification. That was not in Summits AD. They also said that they could not find a larger core and didn't want to use epoxy. I guess that ONE SIZE FITS ALL.

Old 08-09-2000, 09:40 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

I had the experience with the Be Cool radiator for a 69-72 GTO. My friend had heard that it would help his car. Unfortunately the radiatior will not work in a STOCK application. The radiator will Not fit in the fan shroud. It will not work with the rubber isolatiors. Upon measurment the Be Cool is only 28 inches compaired to the stock of 29 inches. It may work with Modifing the fan shroud.(cutting/hacking)
It also will not line up with the tabs on the core support. Be cools tech support said that it would work with Modification. That was not in Summits AD. They also said that they could not find a larger core and didn't want to use epoxy. I guess that ONE SIZE FITS ALL.

Old 08-09-2000, 11:57 PM

Blackcat,
I just put a B-Cool rad in my '68 GTO(read post in this section"Benifits of fan clutch vs. spacer) and I found it best to replace the lower left rad support and insulator to one more like the right side(larger).Also had to replace the two top insulators on the radiator support for it to set just right for my peace of mind.As far as the fan shroud , I had to nip a small piece off near the petcock valve( no hacking on this car..lol) Definitely not a direct replacement but not too bad all in all,and the benifits (top temp 180)were well worth it...Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 08-10-2000).]

I guess.......(Red Green)
Old 08-10-2000, 12:05 AM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

The 69 radiator support is mainly done with a plastic shroud. 68 is different. One would have to cut up and modify the shroud to work. The person wanted the car to look stock and didn't like the idea of hacking a new fanshroud up.

Old 08-10-2000, 10:29 AM
Administrator

How does the price compare to that of the Desert Coolers all the resto. companies are selling?

Old 08-11-2000, 07:11 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Ccass,
I believe he paid 550.00 for the radiator.
Desert cooler is about 250.00 I haven't checked lately. (I keep giving away all my Catalogs. Everyone needs to order parts and never gives them back) Shoot me your price and I'll see if he will get one from PY.