Old 09-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Default SE Michigan Machine Shop

Hi all,

I'm looking for a reputable machine shop in SE Michigan to handle the cleaning, magnaflux, align hone, zero decking, boring, freeze plugs and cam bearings for my upcoming 455 build.

Any advice or recommendations is welcome.

I'm located in Brighton, the closer the better, but not a deal breaker.

Thanks,
Geoff

Old 09-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

AA Racing Engines in Davison (north of Davison like Richfield). They do drag and circle track engines, complete with dyno tuning.

Motor City Muscle in Clawson does Pontiac engines. They've done some recent work for Milt Schornack.

http://www.motorcitymuscle.com/

My engine builder is Scott Williams. He works out of his shop in Armada, and does all brands. I can PM his contact info if you are interested.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 09-11-2019, 10:44 AM

The Auto Value on M59 just west of Hickory Ridge Road has a good machine shop attached to it. The machinist name is Matt. He has torque plates for Pontiac. He machined the block for my Olds W30, a friend's RA IV and several other high performance engines for friends of mine.

https://www.myautovaluestore.com/loc...d-mi-48380-121

The guy who built my W30 and the RA IV among other engines is in Hartland. I can PM his information if you like.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Keith and Boiler,

Thanks for the leads. I'll check them out. I might be in contact with the guy in Hartland already through Craigslist. Is it Mike by chance? If not, I'll take the contact info, it's good to have somebody local to bounce ideas and plans off of.

Thanks again!
Geoff

Old 09-11-2019, 06:11 PM

No, It's not Mike. I will send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79Poncho View Post
Keith and Boiler,

Thanks for the leads. I'll check them out. I might be in contact with the guy in Hartland already through Craigslist. Is it Mike by chance? If not, I'll take the contact info, it's good to have somebody local to bounce ideas and plans off of.

Thanks again!
Geoff

Old 09-25-2019, 10:53 AM

Did you select anyone yet ? I am looking for same, I have someone in mind but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m in Plymouth......

Old 09-25-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69hardtop View Post
Did you select anyone yet ? I am looking for same, I have someone in mind but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m in Plymouth......
I'm probably going with the machine shop in Hartland that's part of the Auto Value, they have decent prices and I don't think I'm using them for much besides cleaning and magnaflux anyway based on my build direction. I won't be sending anything for a while until I get the porting work done on the heads and get the block prepped at home.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Victor Knight is in commerce ,napa owner. great machinist. I have also used Mat at auto value in highland. Both are great guys. Me and Mat trade work and his shop is couple hundred yards from my house.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM

Thank you both for the leads on machine shops