The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 03-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via ICQ to GOAT72
Thumbs up Hot Rod Magazine: 10-Part Series on Auto Body & Paint

The May 2006 Hot Rod features the kick-off article for their 10-part Body and paint Special.
It'll run from now until Feb. '07 with everything you'd ever want to know about body work, prep, panel straightening, materials, painting tips, reassembly and post-paint care.

It looks to be a great series -- especially for those of us who have done some mediocre body work and painting on their Pontiacs. (Like me.)

I am going to redo the GTO after this season, because my paint job in '04 was sub-par. This time, I'll use a better working environment and a few extra gallons of some stuff they call "patience" which is one ingredient I must've left outa my last paint attempt.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've got three issues of a Hot Rod Mag publication called "Paint and Body". Sounds like the same thing?
At any rate, I really enjoy the magazine although it is something of a long advertisement for Goodmark Industries as almost every article features use of their sheetmetal and even their employees doing a lot of the work shown.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:17 AM

Talking

Greg,I think most of that is done at the new Goodmark Installation Center.They have their own shop that installs sheetmetal only now.It used to be a shop called Metal Finish USA.They are in Clevland Ga,while you are there you can check out the cabbage patch hospital

Old 03-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, I wouldn't want to miss that.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll have to look out for that. I am starting the stripping and fixing process right now. No fun. At least the car is straight for the most part.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 04-01-2006, 01:05 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

But- the editorial in the front of that issue rings too true to me. The editor's experiences sound just like mine- can't get it right no matter how we try!