Old 07-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick1234 View Post
The XL stamping was scraped off along with the timing chain cover gasket.

Maybe if the Boss asks real nice I'll give him a coarse in fabrication so he knows what grinding looks like and does to a flat surface.
Quote:
You can see the xl stamp in this pic. When the bondo came off, the stamp came off, it wasn't stamped through the bondo. Probably was about 1/16" to 1/8" swipe of bondo. Even have a pic of scraping the bondo off revealing the ZC code and previously hidden eun number. The mastermind then painted the whole front and top of the motor in the car getting overspray on the firewall. This was surely to hide the fake stamp. I doubt there is any realation to that and the unknown verticle stamp on the block.

For "the boss" there are a couple ground numbers in the thread "interesting block stampings", so you know what grinding on numbers and blocks looks like next time.
Patrick you're taking this personally and now attacking me in response because I've shared an opinion that conflicts with yours. Although you may not agree with my view, you cannot deny that someone in this cars past went to great lengths to create this ruse.

Where that began or ended or how successful they have been in it is at this point anyone's guess. Acting upset or reacting to my posts will not change my opinion and will only diminish your standing in this argument.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I doubt anyone walked on the moon. Many believe it's a hoax.
Patrick, seeing you were new here, with very few posts and trying to find your way with a new car purchase I was willing to give you a pass on your comments and tone but after finding the quote above in the John Glenn RIP thread I can safely say I am done with you. Be careful of the digital footprint you leave here and elsewhere - it follows you forever.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 07-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Senior Chief

Exactly my point. Fake bondo stamp is gone. Only thing left is some extra numbers that do not correlate to any know GM stampings and the real numbers. Looks real to me.
They were bondo experts to get it in there at just the right time before it got to hard. LOL

Quote:
You can see the xl stamp in this pic. When the bondo came off, the stamp came off, it wasn't stamped through the bondo. Probably was about 1/16" to 1/8" swipe of bondo. Even have a pic of scraping the bondo off revealing the ZC code and previously hidden eun number. The mastermind then painted the whole front and top of the motor in the car getting overspray on the firewall. This was surely to hide the fake stamp. I doubt there is any realation to that and the unknown verticle stamp on the block.

For "the boss" there are a couple ground numbers in the thread "interesting block stampings", so you know what grinding on numbers and blocks looks like next time.

White/Black 70 RAIII T/A M21/373 (stripper)
Carousel Red/Black 69 GTO Judge 4 Sp
2002 Firehawk Red/Black 6Sp
Old 07-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Senior Chief

Ransom, he actually un-covered the conundrum to the correct stuff. This makes perfect sense. Feeble attempt to cover up with bondo. I think they had to put it on thick to get it to stamp deep into the bondo. That is some crazy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
So, they covered up the EUN stamping too. Man, that's a lot of mud, to cover up what? The correct numbers? Leaving more questions than answers.

Last edited by skunkwerks; 07-25-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No, it doesn't make any sense. Anyone doing what was done (to make money???) was foolish. Period.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:46 PM
Senior Chief

Ransom,
I don't think we were debating the sense of why they did it (right or wrong). We all know it was wrong but what is original is correct. We were only judging the current state of the block as correct or fake if I recall. nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
No, it doesn't make any sense. Anyone doing what was done (to make money???) was foolish. Period.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought this thread was done ages ago...

Some idiot thought the block code was wrong, and made a feeble attempt to change it;
The real block code was there, and the pedigree of the block & stampings have been verified.

Case closed in my books.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)