Performance Parts For Sale/Wanted Just Performance, non-stock, trailers, tools and related accessories here.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default full AllPontiac main cap set F/S

Full 5 cap set, all steel, splayed center caps, two bolt front and rear caps.

Full ARP stud set for caps. All studs including the rear two larger studs and larger washers. All of the center and front cap studs including the 6 outer spayed bolts (not studs). The 1/2 inch stud washers are missing one washer.
The caps came from a cracked block which did not affect the caps. I do not have the history on the stud set so I don't know how many torqueing's they may have on them. I have them ready to go.
$350.00 plus shipping cost to you.
I'm located at 85306 in Glendale AZ.

Thank you. Mark.

Old 10-31-2016, 08:15 PM
Boost Engineer

Do these caps have the dowell as well as the normal block register?
Depending on the age of the block some were built before All Pontiac used both systems to locate the caps.

Got some pics with the caps turned over?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom, the block these caps came from was a raised (dropped) pan rail to form a registered block. But they also use dowels. The machining I referred to in the original posting is to relocate the dowels on the factory blocks since the front and rear aftermarket/registered blocks relocate the dowels inward. One machinist said he would rather attach/weld material onto the new cap to put the dowels in the original locations. Since the factory blocks do not have the registering rail, he felt it would help stabilize the front cap. He felt the rear cap was fine as is and just relocate the dowels in the block. The second machinist felt the front cap would be fine as is and just relocate the dowels front and back. The rear cap does have a notch on both sides of the cap where it lays over the raised rails.
First pic is of all the caps.

Second is the rear cap showing the notches for the rails.

Third is a close up of one notch on the rear cap.

All four of the front and center caps are not notched.

Mark

Old 11-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I picked these up to adapt to a Tempest 4 cylinder. It would take some machining and dowel relocating, but they will adapt. They would also work the same on a stock block V8 with the same machining. The center three will almost bolt on with the normal larger dowels (stock locations) and the usual align bore/hone.

Mark

Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

These are still available.

Mark

Old 01-20-2017, 06:16 PM

What size are these caps?

Old 01-20-2017, 07:37 PM
Boost Engineer

Should be 3" mains as All Pontiac has never offered a 3.25" main block historically.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes 3 inch mains. The center caps will bolt in with the usual mods for larger dowels and the normal honing. The front cap needs the dowels relocated and the rear cap requires extensive mods, relocated dowels and the pan seal surface modified (cut down lower), but doable. The rear cap will need some kind of filler made because the cap is made for the railed block. See the pic of the bottom of the rear cap. The steps will need some kind of filler made.

Mark