Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-30-2020, 07:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Windage Tray Fitment

I have a 15-400 Canton oil pan. Going to use the Canton windage tray that bolts to the pan rails, but will adding the tray, then a crank scraper between the oil pan and the block cause any issues lining up the front of the pan to the timing cover? Seems like it may cause the pan not to line up correctly. Or am I over thinking it? Thanks.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On my first gen my pan would have been on the Xmember with those additions.Never put a Canton on my A bodies.Not sure about the timing cover.Tom

Old 05-30-2020, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With the stock crossmember in place i believe it would hit there. But i have cut the center out and replaced with tubing to make room for a diaper anyway.. But good thought

Old 05-30-2020, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Be sure to check the centerlink. Pan only mine clears, with the tray and scraper it rubs.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 05-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
Be sure to check the centerlink. Pan only mine clears, with the tray and scraper it rubs.
I'll check. Thanks Mike

Old 06-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have that setup on mine. Ultra grey the scraper to block, ultra grey tray to scraper/block. Use a gasket for the timing cover as a little spacer. Use gasket material where pan to block to make up gap and then also use ultra grey. Watch out for the cap area seal likes to squeeze out. After I close everything up the next day I use my finger to cram ultra grey around the outside of the parting lines like caulking a seam. No leaks. The first time I built this setup i had a leak over the rear cap when filling with oil through distributor hole. That's when i came up to cram the sealer at the parting line. Cram it in there. May look a little messy but like I said. No leaks