Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 10-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

jut to confirm ehead dports or kre dports can be accomodated in this group buy? I am trying to drag some of my buddies in lol

1972 Maverick under slow construction
Old 10-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
jut to confirm ehead dports or kre dports can be accomodated in this group buy? I am trying to drag some of my buddies in lol
The current design specially says in the description:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAINLESS HEADERS
**Not compatible with standard Pontiac "D-Port"
HOWEVER, they are currently looking to develop a header that would use one large tube in the center that covers both center D port holes. It looks like they are very interested in following through with this.

SOOO my advice would be to start a NEW list with D-Port guys who are interested in a set of TURBO manifolds. If there is enough of those, it may be enough to verify the market is there for them.

Heck Ill even start the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current Group Buy List

1) Erik B - (Will be refunded difference)
2) AIR RAM (Nick) (Round Port)
3) Mysticmissle (JEFF) (roundports)
(First Price point) Qty 3: $784.90
4)
5)
(Second Price Point) Qty 5: $764.90
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
(Third Price Point) Qty 10: $734.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-PORT LIST

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Round ports manifolds look nice....

I really hate seeing all that sealing area being wasted on the latest d-port design... I'd try to make use of all that area plus adding the center bar into it as a structural aid.. pipes can be as intended though.
Porous casts and various back pressures will concur with me on this... not to mention other potential factors.

Kris

Old 10-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

thanks Nick, i will keep pushing, one has kre ds the other has ehead ds

Old 10-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
thanks Nick, i will keep pushing, one has kre ds the other has ehead ds
Steve just sent me a message about the D Ports. It sounds like this is going to happen... The trick is getting enough guys in on the D port headers to get the price down. It would be considered a separate Group Purchase on its own... But it looks like Steve is willing to work with everyone if there is enough sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve with Stainless Headers EMAIL
Hey Nick,

Sorry for the delay on the reply, I’ve been out of the office a bit the last few days fighting the flu.

But, glad to hear the general consensus is a good one. I can get some flanges ordered up to keep in stock if we do get some of those ordered as well. Should be to have flanges and material ready within 2-3 weeks on the set up.

I’m not sure if its been asked or not yet, but unfortunately, since the two headers (Ram Air vs Stock D-Port) require different set ups and material bends, I cannot incorporate both designs into the same group pricing. (As in, 3 Ram Air headers and 2 D-port headers will not equal a group order of 5 turbo headers.)

However, if both group orders are able to get ordered within a week or so of each other, pricing will be equivalent across both designs.

(We usually charge an additional fee for new turbo header designs- due to tooling and fixture time) However, we will waive the set up fee if we can do a group order on the D-Port header as well.

Thanks again!

Steve Zimmerman
Stainless Headers Mfg., Inc
1135 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN 55041

Phone: 651-448-8661
Fax: 651-448-8675

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM AIR-V / ROUND PORT Group Buy List

4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-PORT LIST Group Buy List

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ok, I made posts in the Street, Race, and Exhaust sections, plus my IG acct— all directed here. Hopefully we can generate more interest.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:31 AM

I'm interested in a set for round ports. Do you think they will work on the driver side with a March Serpentine kit, along with power steering? Or will I need to do away with the power steering? I want to run a single s480 turbo mounted on the passenger side.

1980 Trans Am - Street/Strip 462
Best: 7.08@95 with 1.49 60' in the 1/8th. 11.17@119.8 in the 1/4. N/A, 3700 lbs, 3.42's, Pump Gas.

Admin of Pure Pontiac Powered Outlaws on Facebook.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455TA View Post
I'm interested in a set for round ports. Do you think they will work on the driver side with a March Serpentine kit, along with power steering? Or will I need to do away with the power steering? I want to run a single s480 turbo mounted on the passenger side.
I dont know if they will fit without some adjustments... However I plan to run a March Serpentine kit on my build as well... Feel free to contact Steve directly with any specific questions and post back with what you learn...

So I pitched a design idea to SSH and Steve said he could definitely do it however it would be more work and the price would reflect.

The Idea was to indent one tube into a "D" and then cut another tube into a "C" and weld them together to form a "CD" This would give some distance between the exhaust ports and improve overall performance although the single tube design will work fine with most street performance applications the "CD" design would be an improvement over that.

Quote:
Hey nick,

Sorry for the late reply here, I clearly missed your email Wednesday morning when I got into the office!

I certainly understand the reversion, wave propagation, and AFR/lambda issues that can happen with the open tube design. However, I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t be able to offer both designs, just at different price points. The open center tube design, although somewhat flawed, could still be a practical, relatively cheap solution to a lot of problems, assuming people would be willing to make that compromise with the center tubes. The split center port design, using your “c-tube” idea, could be labeled then as the performance edition, for those who have either the knowledge, or care, to chase for something better.

Unfortunately there would have to be a definitive price difference, as the “c-tube” center port design will be considerably more fabrication than the single center tube. But, it would make sense for those who need it.

Estimated price points would be starting at $799.90 and $924.95 respectively. Both of which are very much still options to use on the group buy for these Pontiac manifolds.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Steve Zimmerman
Phone: 651-448-8661 Fax: 651-448-8675
1135 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN 55041

Quote:
4) 455TA (Potential if works with March Serpentine)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Quote:
1)
2)
3)
4)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Lets get those D port guys on here!!! Spread the word guys, this could be a great opportunity for a lot of people who have been wanting to run Turbo but cant weld up a set of headers or afford a set of custom headers... This is a reality now! We Now have Turbo Headers for Pontiac's available to us!

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-23-2019, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68azbird View Post
Nope
Built my own a year ago

Did you build them based on 455turbo's build?

Old 10-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
Got a build update picture today from the guy building my headers. He said they'll be out the door today. He took that picture last night before he went home. Very nice guy named Steve.

OH, they come as a kit?

Old 10-24-2019, 07:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
OH, they come as a kit?
John,how come your name is not on the list yet?

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And to think I used to sell the whole kit for $679 and people squared about prices. Lol 😳

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 10-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This stuff is always about the 4 Ps...

Performance (Quality, HP)
Price
Production
PR (Who talks about it online, shows dynos, pics, at races e.t.c)

Most of these kits lack 2 of the above and sometimes the good ones lack just 1, PR. They spend all this time into making a quality and affordable to fair priced kit and no one knows its available. Can't buy what doesn't exist to the customer.

This thread has more PR about turbo headers than I've ever seen on this board and yet has anyone ever ran one in a car (boat maybe)? I bet it actually gets off the ground because of the PR alone. The price is right and if the production time is decent we'll find out how the performance is over time.

11.7:1, KRE H Ports, Lunati HR 282/290 w Johnson Lifters & 1.65 Scorp, E30, EFI, Holley HP + Dual Sync, 12-1 Crank Trig, 120lb Inj & 1000cfm TB, Torker II EFI Intake & Rails, PTC 10" 0 Stat, Ricks Hot Rod SS Gas Tank, Magna 4303, Aerom EFI Reg, Aerospace Front & Rear Disc Brakes, Dougs 1 7/8" Headers & Borla Pro XS 3" Muffs, Alum Rad & Dual Fans, Powersteering.com Pump & 12:1 Box, QA1 Front Arms & Viking Berz CO + Rear Shocks, Hella UP28 Vac Pump
Old 10-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Schwartz made these for a 65 Lemans they did a few years back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schwartz Pont Turbo.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	522868  

Old 10-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455TA View Post
Steve sent me a response to your question... It does look like there is plenty of room for the March Serpentine system.

Quote:
Morning Nick,

Fighting fun business fires, but nothing out of the ordinary! Hopefully all is going smoothly on your end as well.

Unfortunately, without a system on an engine to test it with for certain, I don’t want to make any guarantees. But, from the pictures I’ve seen, and the shortness of the log exit, it looks to me as though there will be space to include the next turbo elbow before interfering with the accessories or belts. It looks promising for fitment to me. And, if there are any issues with fitment on those systems due to the log being too far extended, we would be happy to make some adjustments to help accommodate those issues as well.

Thanks again,

Steve Zimmerman
Phone: 651-448-8661 Fax: 651-448-8675
1135 North 7th Street
Lake City, MN 55041

[http://www.stainlessheaders.com]www....essheaders.com

Quote:

5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Quote:

1)
2)
3)
4)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
SPEED SAFE, NICK

Old 10-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nick thanks for running point on this. Steve seems Like A Stand up Business

Old 10-25-2019, 10:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponjohn View Post
OH, they come as a kit?
No they are finished. That was a picture of them while being made.

1971 Trans Am Lucy Blue, 11.56 @ 115
1966 LeMans. 462, SD prepped Kaufman D ports. 11.90 @ 112
1976 Trans Am twin turbo 462, SD Edelbrock heads 8.50@159
2009 G8 GT
Old 10-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:

1) Erik W - (Will be refunded difference)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Ok guy, I think this has run its course. Its looking like we have enough people to buy them at $784.90 which is honestly still a great price considering what it would cost to have them built locally and potentially not even come out as nice. One more person would drip the price 20.00 for everyone... Ive been waiting on that last one... LOL

I'm going to "Officially place my order" in the next day or two.

I think everyone should post on here once their order is placed so we can confirm who's paid so we can get the discount...

So if you placed your name on the list, please consider ordering in the next couple days to insure everyone gets the discount.

I'm going to PM everyone on the list to let them know its time to pull the trigger.... UNLESS someone knows someone who wants in....

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Last edited by AIR RAM; 10-29-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

It may have been cover here but what type of turn around time is expected on these manifolds?

Old 10-29-2019, 10:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When I inquired before, it was two weeks when they have the materials on hand. So if they know they have a big order then they can order the material. This is a Very good option with Pontiac turbo conversion. If I didn't have my custom headers done, I would have ordered one last month.