THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Suspended

Lightbulb

Additional food for thought:

Is the adjuster and independant or a company direct employee? Can often be situation that independant adjuster is cheaper for ANY company...and adjuster get's reimbursed for volume of paper pushed regardless of who's designated as at fault. "Cases Closed!" get paid reimbursement faster...

BTW: Had to laugh, as I see I previously posted "Treeded?"

Old 07-08-2015, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
State Farm.
The agent wasn't wearing khaki's was he? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Seriously though, step one is the ticket.
Get that thrown out first and use it as ammo to go after the insurance company.

Unfortunately though, it's likely to take a long time, as they will stonewall you at every given opportunity.

But if you don't give up, they will likely cave in the end.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Get ready to squeal like Ned Beatty, they are not going to help you unfortunately.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Contest it. Well taken photographs of the road and lane situation. Do well done (with straight edge) drawing diagram showing vehicles location before and after lane change. A well done presentation (enlist someone more graphically talented if you are not) will show judge you did your homework. Make sure photos are good from multiple angles.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had one where the guy clipped me after running a red light. He lied his azz off and his insurance company didn't want to hear what I had to say until I told her I had two witnesses who saw the accident. I got my car fixed, wasn't faulted and STATE FARM still raised my rate on that car.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge
Old 07-08-2015, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

I agree with many of you, Brian I appreciate your advice.

The one thing this shows me is that MY insurance co doesn't have my best interests in mind. (Not that I thought they would) But after this is finalized I'll be looking for a new company. (unless they see the light and come around and give me a fair shot at describing what happened)

Old 07-09-2015, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Btw: The scenario I described was the claim that insurance companies handled and the police ticket are exclusive. The insurance companies have a settlement and fault formula that is all internal.

My sons ticket was tossed out of court separately thru the cop never filing the ticket into the system therefore never reached the courts. Duh...

Old 07-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
Sometimes when it comes to subrogation against another insurance company, State Farm vs. the other company, it is more money to go to court than to pay the claim if the damage was small enough.
Might be worth it to them to go after the other company. What makes it worse is the bad police report against you.
Both vehicles are insured by State Farm.

From my time in the insurance business (1978 - 1989) and my personal experience with dealing with State Farm after my daughter was hit by one of their customers (their customer admitted to the investigating officer that it was her fault - but State Farm tried to call it a 50/50 deal) - I will never buy insurance from them.

It took me a week, about 15 phone calls and ultimately working with Director of Claims at the regional State Farm office to get the claim paid properly. They ultimately compensated me for my time, my rental car expense and temporary repairs needed due to the delays of settling the claim.

Once we had a satisfactory agreement, I required them to have the original adjuster deliver my check to me in person by close of business the same day.

He looked like a puppy with his tail between his legs when he handed me the check...

Old 07-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We've had State Farm for years (auto, home owner's, wife's malpractice insurance) and have NEVER had problems with them. The only other auto insurance carrier I've used is Nationwide and they SUCK.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 07-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Btw: The scenario I described was the claim that insurance companies handled and the police ticket are exclusive. The insurance companies have a settlement and fault formula that is all internal.

My sons ticket was tossed out of court separately thru the cop never filing the ticket into the system therefore never reached the courts. Duh...
Ticket may have "disappeared" hench my suggestion to communicate w LEO's Shift Commander/Supervisor...

FWIW: I worked for SF and attended an Austin, TX HQ Training where our agent group was matter of fact told "we want to lose customers to lower our high % loss ratio exposure risk due to too many customers in this region" regardless of length of time, multi-lines, no paid claims, etc.