Old 07-08-2015, 11:08 PM

Default "Pontiac" Valve Covers for SB Chevy Engine

Up for sale is one pair of aluminum valve covers for a Pontiac with a small block Chevrolet V-8. A third-generation Firebird, Grand Prix 2+2, and other 1980's Pontiacs come to mind.

These might be GM Performance Parts, but I have not documented it. I may be able to give an update on this in the near future.

These valve covers are heavily cast from aluminum and weigh 4.5 pounds each. They may afford more clearance to rocker arms than stock valve covers. The distance from the mounting surface to the dome of the cover is 3.5". They appear to be powder coated in a medium grey color. They do not have any holes in them for oil filler or breathers, though there are outlines for them on the inside of the cover. This might be used as a guide for placing a hole in them.

I cannot see any signs that they have been installed or used in the past. There are a few stray marks in the finish, with the worst one detailed in the last photo. The overall appearance is very good. I am surprised that there is not a different color finish in the inset areas; that might make them stand out with "Pontiac Pride" even more!

My price is $75.00 for the pair, plus shipping and optional insurance.

Please email me at herbslegacy(AT)sbcglobal(DOT)net if you are interested in purchase or have any questions.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:05 PM

PM sent. I'll take them.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Are these still for SALE ?

Old 08-13-2015, 08:52 PM

Default **These Valve Covers are Sold**

AllGM, thank you for your interest. I also had these listed under the late Firebird classifieds and had posts from another member. Sorry that you were too late to get them.
Regards, Olmanwinter