Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 45 - Me and Cotton

I've already tody ya'll that we decided to take a break after I wont the big race at tyler in '79. T.J. was really a cowgirl at heart and had rode and loved horses since grammar school. In '72 my dad offered to let her ride a horse he had if she could. We had a strange little neighbor named Mr. Beach. I remember how he'd tella joke and then slap his knee and say "I have my fun." He was a real comical little character. Well, my dad had bought this young mare from him, which he swore was a good plow horse - he lied. she obviously ha never even been hitched up to a plow. But T.J. started riding her and they were great pas for nearly 20 years. In 1980 she got an Appaloosa colt which she had wanted for many years. She trained his herself, and they had a 20 year friendship. Now she ha a full blood leapard spotted appy with lots of chrome. We'll post a pic when we can. So in early 80's she was content to stay home and be a cowfirl. But after a few years I got that old itch to do it a little bit more. That's when "Cotton" entered my life. If you haven't read it, scroll back on this thread to "pickin' Cotton." He was a sharp young man who taught himself to be a purty good country shade tree mechanic. When I learned that he was interested in hot rods, I offered to help him build a car and go racin with me. He accepted, so for the year 1983 it was just me & cotton. He learned real quick and before you know it he was winning the biggest race of the year. We didn't try to keep up the hectic schedule that me and T.J. had. We just went to 1 race a week on Sat. nite. It was a real pleasure for me t watch Cotton learn and progress as a racer. And he was real EZ to work with. He wasn't a know-it-all like many young men are. But he was quick to listen and eager to learn. And after geting past the inevitable rookie mistakes he was a competitive racer. I crunched some number that me and Cotton compiled that year. 19 races attended - 1 rainout . 5 wins, 5 RU's, 5 Semi's and gobs of Qrt-finals.Not a record, but not too shabby and much better than most of our competition that year. We won over $2000, whch doesn't sound like much today, but figure int he inflation factor and it's a decent amount. and once again, we covered all expenses with some left over. We had a lot of fun, won some races an lifted up the Pont. banner. Just as with T.J. and I, me and Cotton were usually the only Pontiac racers there. But that was alright with me. By now I was used to it. To me that just added to the pleasure.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 46 - Here's Mud in your eye

My Pont dirt-racer friend that I've mentioned finally talked me into giving it a try. I thought "Well, I'm not gonna really launch another serious bracket effort. I've already been there and done that. So I think I'll give this dirt thing a try. It might be fun." So we looked around and the best thing we could find was an old beat up (I later find out they were all beat up) Cutlass. The owner said "I know it looks bad, but it handles good." And he was right, but I was skeptical. You gotta start somewhere, so I drug it back to the shop and started throwing it together. As I remember I used the alst 455 I had raced in '83. Headers weren't legal so I used the RA3 manifolds off my old goat. The only carb that was legal was a Roch. 2bl. So I got the biggest one I could find. I'll never forget that first lap. I'm flyig down the straight heading toward the banked turn and I did not have a clue how to make that left turn. I didn't know if I would spin out like I had seen some do, or just not be able to turn and hit the wall. but the boy i'd bought the car from was right, it did handle good. I actually made it thru the first turn ok so I nailed it again and took off flying down the backstrectch. Each turn I got a little braver and a little faster. I was surprised to find that the harder I got into the turn the more it dug in and tried to turn left. I could soon pitch it into the turn and instead of spinning out it would just turn left, dig in and go! "Hey, this ain't bad, it's actually fun!" But that was just the hotlaps. My real education was about to begin. I wan't to sorta hang back and take it easy and see what was going to happen. But you can't do that. The flag man motioned me to close up the gap. So I pulled up right on the bumper of the car in front of me, just like the car beside me was doing. And when the green flag dropped all H??? broked loose. The sound of all the motors was loud and the cars in front of me were slinging mud in my face. I was reaching for a tear-off to peel off so I could see and at the same time keep it headed in the right direction and then there was the thought of the curve coming up quick. I couldn't pitch it in like in the hotlaps, cause there was a car right beside me. And to make matters worse, the car behind me had already started bumping me from behind. Ya'll, I was in a pickle. Flashing thru my mind was, "What on earth am I doing out here, this is crazy!"

Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 47 - Nothing to it, huh?

It doesn't matter how many dirt races you see. That does not prepare you for your first night of driving a car yourself. You can know all the rules, regulations, and procedures, like cautions, restarts, realignments after the caution, red light situations, and what all the flags mean, you're still not ready. You can have your best racer buddy give you tips and pointers that he's learned from years of racing. But that will still not prepare you for your first race behind the wheel. There's no simulator that can prepare you. The only way to learn how to do it is by doing it. Some call it "seat time." The more seat time you get, the more comfortable you'll be in the intense atmosphere of racing competition. You'll eventually begin to learn to ignore the loud noise of the competitior's motor right beside you. You'll even learn to ignore the friendly "love taps" on your back bumper. Now, it's a tremendous advantage to start out with a good handling car. I sometimes feel sorry for those poor guys who even after many weeks of racing are still slippin and slidin all over the track and then spin out in the turn several times during the race. I consider this sport one in which it is very important, if not absolutely necessary, to have an experienced racing buddy to help you get started. You can't just take a stock bird or Camaro or anything else onto the track and race it. The won't turn left. I doesn't matter how much power you have, or how fast you can do on the straights, if it won't turn left when you get to the turn. There are certain basic modifications that must be made to the suspension to make the car turn left. And most racers are not willing to divulge any of their setup info to just anybody. That's why it's important to find somebody to help you get started. If you want to run a Pont, you will probably need to find a Chevy racing buddy at first, cause there are extremely few Pont. dirt cars out there. And when you do, you can just about be assured that he will try to talk you into using a Chevy motor. So be prepared to resist. You may have to go thru several possible helpers before you'll find one that will help you, if you insist on using a Pont. motor. But it's worth it. To be the only Pont in the race and beat all the Chevys can be extremely rewarding. Ask my friend MB. He'll tell you "I used to wear them chevy out with my old 350 Pont." Try it, you might like it. If you stick with it, you may even grow to love it.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 48 - One last fling

While I was fooling around with them old dirt cars, TJ decided she wanted to give it one last shot. Nothing serious, just a few Sat. races just for old times sake. She had always raced '68 Birds, but at that time all I had that wouldn't take much work was the '70 or '71 (I forget which) that cotton had raced. so I rigged up a 455 and TH400, some new 13x30 tires and few other goodies and had her back on the track in no time. We didn't go every week, just when she wanted to. I bought a new 1-ton and put some ramps on it for her car. then I put a gooseneck ball on it to pull my dirt car with. Some weeks I run dirt on Fri. nite then unhook Sat. morning and load up her Bird and head to Ark. Well, I guess it's sorta like the old saying "It's just like riding a bicycle. You never forget how." It took her a few races to get the rust knocked off, but it wasn't long til she was right back in the winner's circle. I noticed something I had never even thought about before as I've been looking back thru our scrapbooks. None of our time slips up thru '79 have the reaction time or the 60' time. Some don't even have the mph. I guess either that technology hadn't come long yet, or it was so expensive most of the small tracks couldn't afford it. So thru '79 all we could do was just keep pushing the light til it turned red then back off just a little. I assumed that our lights were better than most of our opponents since we won more rounds than we lost, but I have no way to prove it. But for the few races we went to in '86 and '87 all the numbers are there, so I'll share some of the best with you. RTs: .500, .505, .508, .510 (2), .511 (2), .512, .513, .514, .515, .517, .519 (2), .530 (3), .532 (2), .534 (2), .535, .536 (2), .538, .545 (4) and a slew of .550s.While these numbers won't do much against the boys with the tranny brakes and delay boxes in the electronics class, they are quite respectable in the foot brake, no-e class at most small local tracks. the displays at the end of the track at our local track now shows people's RT during the time trials. So in preparation for the 2010 season I watched the RTs of the no-e cars to see just what it would take to be competitive. Very few cars were cutting RTs better than .540 consistanly. And of those that were, many pushed it too far and drew a red light during eliminations. Well, my racingjunk.com Ventura cut a .510 and .514 RT before the stock starter conked out. So I was feeling purty confident about it for 2010. I bought another car, a 2-car trailer and a crewcab dually to attempt an active race season in 2010. but as I've mentioned our track did not open at all in 2010. "the best laid plans of mice and men." don't know if the track will make it or not. It may go the way of most of the tracks we used to run, but I hope not. For now, we'll just keep going in circles and stirring up dust. By the way, I records show that the best numbers on T.J.'s last bird were 9.85 at 104.65 mph in the 1000', with a best 60' of 1.67. Not too shabby for a low buck junker. Will send pics when we can. Not having much luck with that so far but everybody else is doing it. So I'll just do what I did in racing - just look around and ask ? til I find out what to do.

Old 01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 49 - count your blessings

One of the best changes I've noticed in bracket racing since the '70s is the Buy-Back Rule. I don't know if they use it at every track now or not. But at our track, if you lose in the first or second rounds, just take em another $20 and it's just like changing your round loss to a win! Boy, do I wish we'd had this rule back in the '70s. There's no telling how many more races, nor how many more $$$$ we might have won. I just think about all those first and second round losses due to something easily fixable for the next round. But in those days, when you lost, all you could do was just load 'er up and hope for better luck next time. And what about those rounds when your car was running right on the dial-in and for some reason you went to sleep on the line? This buy-back rule would have given us another chance. And since you've already spent all the $ to get in the race, what's another $20? Also, if you buy back in, you may be able to use the info from the lost round to make needed adjustments to your dial-in. and the conditions will probably be closer to those you'll face in the next round than to those from the time trials. So if they have this rule, learn how to use it to your advantage. The only disadvantage I can see is that it makes you have to run more rounds in order to win the race. But since making passes is fun, that may not be a negative after all. So to me, the buy-back rule is just one more reason for today's bracket racer to cound their blessings. Anybody know exactly what year the buy-back rule started in your area? another plus I just thought of is that it gives the struggling track a little more cash to operate on. Who knows, it might just help save a track near you.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 50 hostlile territory

when we last left my pontiac dirt trackin friend mb, he had just discovered soft dirt track tires called dirt bozz. so he strapped on a set & started makin circles with 'em. they were much better. no more slippin & slidin all over the track. but the suspension was not yet dialed in, so he would run in the middle of the pack. that sometimes is not the best place to be. i saw the perfect example of that 1 nite at a small track north of alexandria, la. mb was runnin along in the middle of the pack, tryin to stay out of trouble, when all of a sudden somebody up front either spun out or turned sideways. then the next car t-boned the 1st. from there it looked like a big pile up on the interstate with ice & heavy fog. when mb saw the carnage ahead, he hit the brakes & slid the car sideways & slammed up against a car that was already turned sideways in the middle of the track. well there didn't seem to be much damage so i figured he would be able to continue. but wait, the action wasn't over yet. i suppose this guy was either drunk or just not paying attention. but, for whatever reason, it looked like he never even slowed down. he hit mb really hard, which lifted his '68 bird up & over the car beside him, landing on the driver door. the passenger side door was reaching for the nite sky. well i had not been to many dirt races, so i didn't know that sort of thing was commonplace. i,ll just admit it, i was scared. i thought mb was probably dead. after several seconds, still no sign of mb. now, he was o.k., but i didn't know that. i can tell you, it was not a good feeling. well, mb's head finally popped out the passenger door, & there was a big smile on his face, as if the whole incident was big fun. or maybe he was just glad to be alive & not mangled. afterwards, it didn't seem to bother him at all. & it certainly did not discourage him from pursuing his new passion of dirt racin.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 51: Defending Their Turf

i did'nt get to go to all mb's races. i was still dabbling in bracket racing some. so what i'm about to tell you is what i remember of what he told me. by the way, mb has some great & abolutely true pontiac war stories about his dirt trackin days. but he would probaly never go on a site like this to talk abouit it. i think they need tellin, so i,m gonna interview him & get some of those stories i think you mite enjoy. now, before i start this, let me describe the set up. its a '68 bird with a 350, trw pistons, stock rods, ra4 heads & cam. they were limited to a 2bl carb. now when i interview him, i'll show him what i'm tellin you & if there's anything thats not rite i'll let you know later. but this is the way i recall what he told me.he had found some other dirt guys, including 1 purty fast late model racer. he would pick their brains & learn all he could about suspension set-up, which is critical to makin a car turn left effeciently. he later found out that the 2nd gen suspension was much better suited to dirt trackin. but he tried to make what he had the best he could make it. to shorten the story i'll just say he got the bird handling really good. he could run just about anywhere on the track he needed to. it would turn left on a dime & even better, when it came off the turn it was diggin hard down the staightaway. now, here's where pontiac power comes shining thru. the chevy stroke was only 3.48. it had very little bottom end torque. so they didn't pull very hard off the corner. but mb's pontiac had 3.75 stroke. so once he got the back tires hooked to the track, he could come off the turns much harder than the chevys. then the ra4 heads & cam would take over & pull all the way to the next turn. so as mb puts it, he "wore them chevys out" with his ole pontiac. i don't know how many races he won that year, but when he didn't win, he'd be right there scatchin for the lead. now keep in mind, he was just like we had been in bracket racing, the only pontiacs there. most races there were maybe 12-15 chevys & 1 pontiac. well they didn't care as long as he was runnin in the rear. but after he started winnin & whuppin up on 'em so bad, they all turned on him. so they started lookin for ways to get rid of him. some local tracks make their own rules & can change them at will. so they kept lookin at mb's car, trying to find something they could get him on. well, they finnally found what they needed. as many of you know, a pontiac usually runs hotter than a chevy. so to keep his bird cool mb had rigged up a 2nd 4-core radiator behind the seat, & connected it to the front with exhaust pipe. that gave it a lot more cooling ability. so they went to the track officials & got a new rule passed, allowing only 1 radiator. as far as i know, there were no cheap alum radiators back then like there are now. so mb just left & went to another track. if i remember correctly, the track where this took place was in forest hill , la. so from the beginning, mb waged a 1 man war against the chevys--i can relate!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default part 52 gettin the hang of it

when we left off at my 1st race behind the wheel, i was experiencing a very traumatic situation. well i'm happy to report to you that i survived that ordeal & lived to race another day. in a dirt racer there is absolutely no substitute for seat time. as i got more & more laps under my belt, i began to gain more & more control of the car, & i soon won my first trophy dash, & then a heat race & finally even the main feature. except for the nites somebody plowed into me on purpose & ended my nite,it was all great fun. my favorite way to describe it is " it's a barrel 'o monkeys ". well the biggest race of the year at the track i ran most, was a 2 day affair. they had qualifying on fri nite, which involved each car makin a timed lap. for this big race, i talked mb into driving for me 'cause he had more experience. he agreed, so we set about qualifying. We got hot laps first, so he had a chance to get a feel of the car. He said it felt good to him, so we didn't change a thing. He went out for his lap and it looked good. I could see he was taking it deeper into the turn than I did. And low and behold it qualified no. 2. That means he would start on the front row in Sat's feature. Everything was looking good. Then we made a big mistake. As you make more laps heat builds up in the tires and that increases air pressure. So we reasoned that if we started off with slightyly less air pressure it would be just right during the later laps. It sounded reasonable but we had forgotten to factor in two small items. No. 1 - my car was much heavier than his bird, which would put more pressure on the righte rear in the turn and no. 2 - we didn't have a bead lock on the right rear, they weren't legal in our class. So, about the 2nd or 3rd lap before air pressure built up the right rear rolled right off the rim ending our night. Have you ever noticed, some days are just better than others?

Old 01-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pt. 53 - Still gettin dirty

Well, as you grow older, some things you remember clearly and some things are sorta fuzzy. I have really enjoyed going back thru the many Pont. memories contained in our racing scrapbooks. For most of these years TJ kept very accurate records, including pictures. While on that subject, we are getting close now to being able to post pictures and stuff. TJ talked to the moderator yesterday who gave her the scoop on how to post pics. So we're choosing pics and writing captions for them now. I'll try to refer back to the part no. of each post that the pics relate to. According to our records they opened a new dirt tract in 1987 in Bastrop, La. I bought another car. I think it was a 70 something Chevelle. Sometimes it's hard to tell what they are after a few dirt races. I remember that this car was very heavy, probly well over 4000 lbs. That made it hard to turn. But it was cheap, so i just stuck a 455 in it and started turning left. This is the results she recorded for 6 consecutive weekends: 4th, 4th, 3rd, 7th, 1st in heat and 8th in feature, 3rd in heat and 6th in feature. Hey, this is almost a miracle, just to finish 6 features in a row! It wasn't very fast, but it was lots of fun. In '88 they built a new track in Chatham, which is the same track we run now. I won 3rd opening night which paid $120. And 4th the next week which paid $115. By MB had retired his 68 Bird and his second car which was a 70 model. He found that the 2nd gen. handled much better than the 68, so that made it even easier to whup up on the Chevys. So I bought both cars and put em on the new track. We had lots of fun, but only mediocre success. Got some good pics of all cars - we'll post - eventually. TJ walked up to the fence beside turn 4 and a car slung mud on her and got dirt under her contact lens. so she sat out the rest of the race in the truck and never went to another dirt race. It just ain't her bag.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Pt. 54 - A real heart stopper

Now here's a wild story for you. After they opened the new dirt track in Chatham, a neighbor of mine showed up at the shop one day. We'd went to school together, but he was several years older than me. He worked for the parish (county, we're still French in La.) He drove a road grader dozer and other equipment. He told me he had heard about the new dirt track and that I was doing some dirt racing and he wanted to get involved. Well, that was fine with me. I figured I needed all the hlep I could get beatin these things back into shape every week. He went on to tell me how he had raced at a local track years before. i had never heard much about it. They'd raced mostly 55-57 Chevys. He told me that another neighbor of ours had also raced bak then. They called him "Flipper" cause he had so many end over end wrecks. Anyhow, we pulled my 1sty dirt car out of the weeds, stuck a motor in it and soon he was in the middle of the action. Then 1 nite a Checy drove him hard into the wall knocking the rear end out of it and ripping out the control arm brackets. It was a mess. We decided it would take too long to fix it, so we just went out in the barnyard and got another car. It was MB's 1st racer, the 68 bird. I had come across a good 428, wo we stuck it in the bird and he was back on the track. Now here's where the story gets wild. and I warn you, it may rub you the wrong way, so you may want to unplug here. After the crash with the cutlass I had told him about the possibility of using MB's old car for his next ride, so he went out behind the shop to take a look. Now it was a hot summer day and I already knew the car, so I stayed in the shade of the shop while he went out back to look at it. After a long while he didn't come back so I wnet around back to see what was taking him so long. He was leaned up against the shop int he shade, and was white as a ghost. I said "Hey, man, what's wrong?" He barely could talk, but he said "I'm having some problems, call my wife." Well it looked to me like he needed an ambulance, not his wife. But I did like he asked. He was obvioiusly having some sort of heart attack. After I called his wife I remember thinkin "If I don't do something he ain't gonna make it til his wife gets here!" So I did what I had been trained to do, I ministered 1st aid. Our pastor had told us about how Jesus had prayed for the sick and had instructed his followers to do the same. So there was no decision to be made. I went back around the shop and said "Jerry, is it alright if I pray for you?" Now I could tell that Jerry was not religious at all. But when your back's up against the wall and yo're facing possible death, you don't tell soembody "no, I don't want your prayers, don't pray for me." No, you'll take hlep from any source. So, I prayed for him out loud just like our pastor had taught. From then on I figured he'd make it. But when his wife got there she could see it looked bad, so she called the ambulance. To make a long story short, in a few days he was out of the hospital, back at work every day and at the shop everyday after work helpin me thrash on the bird to get it back on the track. He never talked about it much, but I cand assure you he never forgot what happened that day - nor have I. PTL!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Part 55 - Raised from the dead?

Now, if you thought that last post was wild, you ain't heard nothin yet. Now folks, you'll have to realize that what I'm tellin you here is the truth. I couldn't dream something like this up in my wildest imagination. So here's how it went down. Back about '07 I met a man (whom we'll call Joe) who loved close to the dirt track. He loved racin and went to the dirt races every Sat. night. I told him I was getting back into dray racing. So we started talking about it. He indicated that he wouldn't mind doing a little of that himself. Well, if you've followed my story you know by now that I'm always lookin for somebody tha's interested in racing. By now I had a yard full of 3rd gens. I'd seen some real nice race cars using this body. So I told him to come on over 1 day and pick one out and I'd help him thrown something together so he could get a taste of it and see if he wanted to go any further with it. So he did and we did. Now fast forward a few moths. They're having a booked in show of bad Pro-mods at out local strip. So I asked Joe if he'd like to go. He said he wasn't feeling too good but he wouldn't mind going, so I picked him and his teenage son up and we took off to the track. I could see he wasn't feeling well so I backed the van up to the fence, close to the finish line so he could sit on the back and watch. But he kep feeling worse an dworse. He was using an inhaler, but it wasn't helping. It finally go so bad he could hardly bfeath. He said "D, I think I need to got to the hospital." So we loade dup and tore out to the hospital. but we didn't get a mile up the road before he began gasping for air. He said "D, I don't think I'm gonna make it." Well we were at least 20 min. from the hospital and he didn't have 20 min. Then I thought about the ambulance behind the starting line. For insurance purposes 1 has to be there or they can't race. I whipped around and headed straight for that ambulance as fast as I could without running over somebody. When we got there I thought we had it made. He could just get a little oxygen and he'd be OK. But this ordeal was just getting started good. I jumped out and told the EMT or whoever he was, that I had a man who needed oxygen quick. So he threw down his cigarette that he had been intently puffing on as he watched the race, ran to the ambulance or whatever it was and brought out a big bag. He started fumbling thru it trying to find something. Well, by now Joe had slid down out of the seat and was sitting on the pavement leaving back on the van. I asked the man where the oxygen bottle was he told me and I brought it to him. He was still fumbling in the bag full of tangled tubes and lines. Well Joe had held on as long as he could. He flopped down on his back, all the color left his face, then turned sort of lie blue, like on TV when tey pull a cold slab out for someone to identify a body. that's right, he was graveyard dead. Now you've got to picture this scene. While all this is taking place the race is still going on. They're runnin another round of Pro-mods and these suckers are loud, they're shakin the ground and blasting off less than 100' from where we were. The folks in the tower were not aware of what was happening. i was in a pickle sorta like in my 1st dirt race. Then all of a sudden right in the middle of all that chaos, a great calm came over me. I thought of the words in a sermon I'd heards, "What would Jesus do?" Well, the anser to that was EZ. I'd heard that preached too (folks, if it ain't in there, you can't call it up when you need it!) At the tomb of His friend Lazareth, Jesus had prayed to God and spoke to Lazareth and he was raised from the dead. So I did the only thing I could do. I prayed "Father, I ask you to raise Joe up and I declare now that Joe will live and not die, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth." And I said it lound - hey the cars were still racin, nobody but god heard me. Well, I'm still amazed when I think of how quick my prayer was answered. Suddenly a young man came running over and jumped on top of Joe an started pumping his chest wildly (enuff to crack 3 ribs) then all of a sudden we heard the sound of a huge fire truck (it looked 12' across) it had very sort of siren and hron blasting and every kind and color of lite flashing. It was awesome. Then, all sorts of different private vehicles started pullin up. They were all ememrgency volunteers. Somebody had seen what was happening and called 911. It reminded me of MASH, when a helicopter came flying in with a wounded soldier. all the doctors and nurses would run out to see waht was needed. That was the scene. there wer lots of men and women running across the staging lane to help do whatever was needed. Well I could see that God had the situation will in hand so I just backed up out of the way and watched it happen. I knew now everything was gonna be alright. they soon had him revived and on the way to the hospital and Joe lived to race again. PTL! By the way, that young man that broke Joe's ribs is now part owner and operator of that track. Joe's problems were caused by too many years of heavy smoking. If you smoke, do yourself and your loved ones a favor - quit before it's too late. Have you ever heard a racin story that wild?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dirt pics attempt

Here we go trying to attach our first batch of pics. Hope this works. If it does it is a picture of one of my Pont dirt trackers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1935.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	270217  

Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Our first Pont racers

Don's 69 Goat and TJ's 68 Bird
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1879.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	270219   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1861.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	270221  

Old 01-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default TJ and Easy Lovin

Pics made at Green Valley, Dallas TX Div 4 NHRA Bracket Finals in 1977. She got her pic put in the Nov. Hot Rod Mag in their coverage of the race.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1866.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	270241   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1963.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	270242  

Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default our 1 & only christmas parade float

lots of work but it was a rainout
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1892.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	270250   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1950.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	270251   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1951.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	270252  

Old 01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default T.J.'s other rides

1 hp each with 4-wheel drive. note: scooter tied to back of goat-1972. rascal as a baby in 1980. current ride "pokey" in 1999
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1960.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	270253   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1959.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	270254   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1872.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	270255  

Old 01-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default T.J.'s 1st racer turned street car

& she only got 1 ticket for loud pipes
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_1955.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	270257   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1891.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	270258   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1863.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	270260   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1862.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	270261  

Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool old pics.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, I enjoyed the stories and the pics add a lot.
We see lots of pics of T.J. but you appear to be camera shy...or is that your best side?...lol

Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I knew the pics would be cool!!i dont mind lookin at TJ lol