Old 03-12-2021, 06:10 PM

Default Dome light

This is driving me nuts, when ever I install the light switch on the 64 goat, my dome light comes on and stays on, will not shut off, out of the dash it works fine, like it's getting ground the minute I install it from the dash, new switch and new door pins, also new m/h wiring harness, añybody got any ideas, pulling my hair out, not much left also tried different switch same thing.

Old 03-12-2021, 08:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The switch grounds the dome light circuit to turn it on. There is a problem with the headlight switch

Old 03-12-2021, 10:02 PM

2 brand new switches same problem

Old 03-12-2021, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you have the light switch knob rotated into the "dome light on" position? That is the normal function in that position.

george

Old 03-13-2021, 02:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I’d check the switches at the door. As has been said, these will ground when the door is open to light it up.

Either that, or it’s grounded somewhere else in the circuit, so anytime you add power, it lights.