SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:04 PM

Default 1967 Firebird 400 (with a Pontiac 541ci V8)

1967 Firebird 400

Lots of info, trying to answer everything in advance.

Photo Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/Bowfb#0

I have found another "classic" that I would like, so I have my Firebird up for sale. If the other car sells before I sell mine, I will be taking down the ad. I don't need to sell the car, just don't want any more that I won't drive often.

$28,000

I have gone over engine specs with some shops and other gearheads the general consensus is around 700HP, but I don't have a current dyno for the current set up.(I changed the timing after that run) If you remember this car for sale in 2014, I have done a few upgrades, fixed several things, and sorted out several issues in the time I have had it. It also now has a fully operational and cold AC installed. Paint is pretty good, but it isn't perfect and has some flaws most people miss(chips behind wheels...... 541 V8).

What it has:
*Original, exact matching 400 block in storage, but heads and intake are long gone

541ci V8 block (IA-II by Butler Performance)
Roland Racing CV-1 heads fully ported
Roland Racing (high rise) intake
Harland Sharp aluminum roller rockers
Ultra Dyne Racing Cams custom cam
Oliver Racing Connecting Rods
Holly Dominator 1150 Carb
Wilwood disc brakes and 4 piston calipers
K&N filter and Xstream lid
Tubular front upper and lower arms
Howe tall lower ball joints
Fast Close Ratio Steering (~2.5 turns LtL)
Adjustable coilovers front suspension
March Performance Pulleys serpentine system
Be Cool Aluminum radiator with dual electric fans
Turbo 400 Transmission
Gear Vendors OverDrive unit
Narrowed Ford 9" rear with 4.56 gears
Detroit Speed and Engineering mini tub
Detroit Speed and Engineering 19 gallon welded stainless steel gas tank
Traction bars
MSD Digital Ignition system with Digital 6 Plus control box
Auto Gauge Pro Comp gauges
Auto Gauge multi function electronic tach
Simpson 5 point racing harness
Corbeau seats
Full roll cage
Boss Motorsports 18" wheels w/ Nitto NT555 Tires
Vintage Air AC (factory AC car)
Welded aluminum valve covers
Detroit Speed and Engineering Selecta-Speed wipers
PQx flexplate
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Relocated battery with electrical shutoff
Digi-tails LED taillights
Painless Wiring fuse box
Moroso Line Lock
Speedtech Billet offset shackles for leaf springs
Magna-Cool/Spectre stainless steel upper radiator hose

What it was:
(I have the Pontiac Historical Society papers for the car, proving what it is)
Originally a 1967 Coronado Gold Firebird 400 Automatic with factory AC and center console. Coronado Gold was a Spring Special color, that was only painted on the Firebird in early 67. Pontiac would paint a batch of cars a color to test the market for the color. While the Coronado Gold was a bright metallic color, it didn't get enough interest for Pontiac to keep it around for 68.

There was a thread on another site, where it was decided by two different shops the paint crack on the rear quarter would be around a $1000 job if you have someone fix it( http://i.imgur.com/E63rAnZ.jpg sorry for poor picture, its hard to get that spot to show up, and I guess I should have wiped the spray wax off better, thats what the specks in the flash reflection is, see other link top of post for gallery with better shots ). Looks as if what was used to smooth some lines after a panel replacement (year one stickers on inside of quarters) has given up.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Senior Chief

Wow, that is a hammer of a car! The only thing i am not too fond of is the big hoodscoop. Does that car need that big thing for clearance of the motor or would there be any way to use a standard hood?

Old 06-02-2015, 11:42 PM

Its the Roland Racing intake, that goes with the heads, it takes up a LOT of room. I don't like cowl's over 3", personally, but stare at the car in person for a while, and most people start to like it. If someone changed the heads and intake to something more standard you could get a regualr hood back on.

I think I got a trade offer today, not really sure, it was a loaded conversation with a guy I was told has 20 cars, and he showed up at the cruise night in a (67?) GT350. Looked real, but Im not mustang guy. He brought up a used Benz he is looking to unload because he replaced it with a newer/V12 model, asked if I was interested in it. Like I said wasn't sure if he was asking to trade. Hope the guy calls, he said he loves the car and I wonder what else he has! He said he loved my car, was thinking it was a good deal( heard that from many people at the show, but no one wrote a check)

Old 06-03-2015, 04:19 AM
Senior Chief

How driveable is the car? Do you have vaccuum for powerbrakes? Camspecs? Converter stall? Don't swap it for something you don't want yet...i may have a friend who is interested...

Old 06-03-2015, 07:20 AM

Previous owner said 4500 RPM stall, but he wasn't 100%.
Link to the specs I have: http://imgur.com/a/5Q3oB

I will mention Chris Straub at StraubTechnologies has seen the papers and we talked, he said for around $1000(check them out, custom shop with inpressive customer list)he could make a cam tailored to the car that would get 100 more HP.

Its very streetable, if you can deal with the Borla Sportsmans, but I was planning on quieting it down.

The brakes bite and will stop very well, although its a stiff pedal. It has a vaccum pump on it to help with vaccum.

Last edited by SnakeEyes; 06-03-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 AM
Senior Chief

Is this a rollercam? a 4500 stall sounds more like a dragcar than a racecar but the supension and Brakes Point toward a roadracer...

Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 AM

Default a beast

this would put Permanent grin on my face if it were mine. that's a bad ride.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:44 AM

Thats what the invoice says, the Harland Sharps are roller rockers also.

It's a little of everything. It was used as a drag car for a few years, has competition engineering shocks on back.

Last edited by SnakeEyes; 06-03-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:26 PM

Trying to get in touch with the car collector. We used the same shop for Vintage Air installs, I called them and they said they would foward my message to him. They said he is always busy so I might not hear from him anytime soon.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Senior Chief

Please contact my friend under thomas.tork@yahoo.com
He is interested but has questions....

Old 06-03-2015, 06:47 PM

I emailed him around 5 hours ago.

The builder called me! His friend saw it for sale and gave him my number. The previous owner was wrong, its a 3500 stall. He confirmed what Straub said about the cam, and said it made 541 at the wheels before he fibished dialing it in so should make more. He said it ran low 10's.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Senior Chief

I talked to my friend and he told me that he replied to your email twice but got no response. Please check your spamfilter for his emails or post your phonenumber so he can call you...If you don't want to Post it openly you can PM it to me.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:24 AM

I replyed to his PM here. I checked my spam folders daily, I have no idea why I'm not getting them.

This is strange.

To be safe I added his email to my safe list(again, it was already there automatically when I sent the first message), but I have never had to do that before so Im not sure if that will even matter(I have used the same email setting for years.....)

Last edited by SnakeEyes; 06-06-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Senior Chief

Just Post, your phonenumber so he can call you...

Old 06-06-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taalltheway View Post
Just Post, your phonenumber so he can call you...
He called me. Just my luck he calls while I was driving. Borla Sportsmans means you cant hear it ring, much less carry on a conversation, even with a bluetooth speaker. Im trying a new email address with gmail in case that will let a reply through.

He gets my emails, but I dont get his. Still dont know why, I have him on my known/safe contact list TWICE!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:54 PM

Mods please delete.

Fire sale on the car locally. Lifter or something went bad on a cruise today.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:07 PM

Actually, don't delete if this is okay to post:

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...699500&alt=web

Old 06-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Senior Chief

Wow, sorry to hear that! Any idea what went wrong? How much would you want for the car as it is?

Old 06-07-2015, 06:07 PM

I put it up for 18k locally, or best offer by thursday evening. I send a message to the builder to spread the word since he has contacts in the Ponitac circle around here. He said he is in the process of buying a house or he would take it. Basically the final chance to buy the car before the ebay auction is over.

I told the guy with the SL how lucky he was: he didnt know the business hours of a place doing some detail or something on the SL(I guess to get it shined up before I saw it.) And didnt get the car in time so it was locked up friday evening and delayed us meeting up until next week! He claimed his car looked and drove fantastic, and had the ABC system serviced which is the big problem on those cars.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:34 PM

Sold.