EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2019, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default adding ethanol content sensor

I'm adding an ethanol content sensor to be able to run E85 as an option, the Continental model specifically. Only major hurdle is that it's lines are 3/8" tubing, factory efi style. Fittings are available to adapt it to A/N lines, so that's no issue. The issue is in trying not to create a restriction. The rest of my supply/return lines are -8, as recommended by the pumps manufacturer. I currently use these -8 lines single in/out, Y'd at the rails to a single port on a 2 port return style regulator. I have no fuel delivery issues currently. My thinking is, if I add a "T" in the current single line to the regulator, pass that fuel through the sensor and into the currently unused port on the regulator, that I can avoid creating a restriction. Essentially I'm passing the same volume of fuel, now through two pathways. I've attached a crude drawing for illustrative purposes. The purple is what would be added everything else, is existing. Red depicts the return side of the rails currently. Any thoughts, or suggestions appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ethanol sensor.png
Views:	220
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	520117