Old 03-15-2020, 11:37 PM
Senior Chief

Default Window adjustment from scratch!

Apologies for the lengthy post but tried to be as thorough as possible.

I’m reinstalling all new glass, window motors and wiring after complete disassembly for paint. All tracks and rollers were cleaned and greased. I currently have all 4 pieces of side glass installed and attached to factory power regulators.

We’ll start with the rear quarters. They go up and down nicely. And are centered in the opening in the up and down position. However, the top front of the window needs to move inward 1/4 to 3/8 to make solid contact with roof rail w/stripping. I don’t see where to adjust the tilt while in the up position. I’ve tried the adjusting the upper two studs of the main track with mixed results. The bottom moved in the opening more than the tilt at the top.

We’ll cover the fronts in an upcoming post.

Thanks for any help
Marshal

Old 03-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Senior Chief

No one?
I do own the fisher body manual, but since I’m also in the middle of an out of state move, I have no idea where it is. Window adjustment is one of the last things I need to do prior to moving the ole goat.

Old 03-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PM Sent.

Charles

Old 03-17-2020, 08:57 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
PM Sent.

Charles
Got it. Thanks 👍

Old 03-18-2020, 07:20 AM