THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My sons Wrangler was broken into the other nite. They rummaged though but didn't take anything which seem strange. We think they were looking for hand sanitizer.

TOM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salem1912 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A guy in line at my local supermarket had a bunch of rolls of TP. He said he lives in Iowa,and kept driving until he found a small town that still had some. I’m 50 miles from Iowa.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67drake View Post
A guy in line at my local supermarket had a bunch of rolls of TP. He said he lives in Iowa,and kept driving until he found a small town that still had some. I’m 50 miles from Iowa.
There used to be a restaurant around there, called the Gobbler, obviously they served a lot of turkey. Ate there once when on a vacation trip as a kid, awesome food!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 03-15-2020, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Plumbers are going to make a killing in a few weeks when they start clearing all those paper towels and newspapers out of the toilets.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy my paper products in bulk at Sam's Club. That's for the business and home. I figure I'm good for another 60 days.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I work at a large power plant and I got a phone call this morning asking If I would like to volunteer to be locked-in for several weeks. I said no, the money is great but I do not want to live there. lol. Im surprised the plant wasn't locked down last week. I haven't heard anything tonight so its back to work tomorrow. Company keeps gambling, If that crap gets into the plant it would be a nightmare!

Old 03-15-2020, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The market tomorrow is looking real bad despite what happened late Friday.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don’t get it either....went to the store to get milk today. Plenty of milk, no TP. I guess food is less important.

George

Old 03-15-2020, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

International paper said TP and other paper products will resume normal supply within two weeks

Old 03-16-2020, 01:10 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB VIDAN View Post
Why are people hoarding toilet paper?????? Probably the only thing on the face of the earth without a shelf life or expiration date. So they can wipe when they pull their heads out?????????? Just askin.
One person coughs, 10 crap their pants!

97 F250 7.3 turbo diesel
85 CJ7 Laredo
65 Impala SS 396, 4 spd, A/C.
The Following User Says Thank You to moneypit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2020, 02:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Washington State has closed all restaurants and bars except for takeout and delivery. Most schools closed last week.

Meanwhile my girlfriend's teenage daughter refuses to stay home and is out running around. My girlfriend has some very high risk factors and I'm pretty worried about this situation.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wife and I just cancelled our April-May trip to France and Italy. First time we ever had to do that. We'd go no problem, would love to see the cities deserted ... but all the restaurants and clubs being closed is a non-starter. Hotels in both locations refunded all of our pre-paid reservations no problem.

Now have to work on getting satisfaction from the Airlines. We would like to reschedule for end of Sept. .... depending on how things look by then.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We had a 10 day trip to Costa Rica scheduled for 4/3-13. Just cancelled everything today. Airbnb refunded everything as did the rental agency. Had to file a request for refund with the airline so will see how that pans out.

If you know you will go later when this is over then maybe just let the airline give you credit for future tickets?

I'm likely to end up unemployed because of this so could really use the money back.

Old 03-16-2020, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be OK with a credit for a future flight long as they give us enough time to see how this shakes out.

These days I make the majority of my money tending bar three nights a week ... just waiting for the ax to fall on that. Lucky the wife has a good job in healthcare ... so she's unlikely to see a lay off

Old 03-16-2020, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Stopped on my way out of Houston last night at an In-N-Out Burger.

Debated going in - but decided to order at the counter - washed my hands in the bathroom first.

Very young man at the counter looked scared to death - we talked - they probably will only have drive thru service soon - he is scared to work there he said.

Interstate LED overhead signs in Texas all have CV warnings.

It seems surreal as I travel across the country.

Bars & restaurants are closed in Ohio & Illinois - only delivery.

My schedule has been focused on attending the Chickasha Pre War Swap Meet in Oklahoma later this week.

Very big pre WW2 meet w/ folks driving in from all over the country.

Tulsa had a Directive issued Saturday banning events over 250 folks - Oklahoma governor declared state of emergency yesterday - I am expecting Oklahoma City to follow Tulsa today & issue public gathering ban which will cancel the meet.

Jim

Old 03-16-2020, 10:13 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulyvintage View Post
Stopped on my way out of Houston last night at an In-N-Out Burger.

Debated going in - but decided to order at the counter - washed my hands in the bathroom first.

Very young man at the counter looked scared to death - we talked - they probably will only have drive thru service soon - he is scared to work there he said.

Interstate LED overhead signs in Texas all have CV warnings.

It seems surreal as I travel across the country.

Bars & restaurants are closed in Ohio & Illinois - only delivery.

My schedule has been focused on attending the Chickasha Pre War Swap Meet in Oklahoma later this week.

Very big pre WW2 meet w/ folks driving in from all over the country.

Tulsa had a Directive issued Saturday banning events over 250 folks - Oklahoma governor declared state of emergency yesterday - I am expecting Oklahoma City to follow Tulsa today & issue public gathering ban which will cancel the meet.

Jim
Per the governor starting today at 3pm you can add Michigan to the list of states with bars and restaurants closed. Just carry out and delivery.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Wife and I just cancelled our April-May trip to France and Italy. First time we ever had to do that. We'd go no problem, would love to see the cities deserted ... but all the restaurants and clubs being closed is a non-starter. Hotels in both locations refunded all of our pre-paid reservations no problem.

Now have to work on getting satisfaction from the Airlines. We would like to reschedule for end of Sept. .... depending on how things look by then.
If your willing to reschedule and not insisting on a refund, they seem willing to work with you. Most are offering a travel credit for up to 1 year, few restrictions, no penalty.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Now there's a run going on at gun shops. Mostly rifle ammo, cases at a time.
Several running low last few days.
Coworker said 17 people arrested at Meijrs yesterday.
Now Chicago closing restaurants and bars so there will be a run at liquor stores next.
I better get several cases of beer after work jic...

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100

Last edited by Region Warrior; 03-16-2020 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I'd be OK with a credit for a future flight long as they give us enough time to see how this shakes out.

These days I make the majority of my money tending bar three nights a week ... just waiting for the ax to fall on that. Lucky the wife has a good job in healthcare ... so she's unlikely to see a lay off
I'm a commercial electrician doing mostly maintenance and service work. With a giant portion of our potential customers closing up shop, I doubt I'll be working much longer.

Same situation with my girlfriend though - she's a senior admin at Harbor view, one of the very few level 1 trauma centers in the PNW. They're letting her work from home, but if her kid won't cooperate it may not make any difference.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I had reverse shoulder replacement back on Feb 3rd. After about a week they called me and told me that a culture they did came back positive for an infection in the new shoulder. I had a picc line installed in mid Feb and just this morning finished a run of antibiotics. Thankfully I was able to do the drugs and flushes myself at home and today a home health care nurse is coming to the house to remove the picc line.

Tomorrow however I have to go to the UAB shoulder doc's office to do a follow up. They called this morning noting that due to the virus they've been asked to cut clinic hours back to 2 hours a day but felt like that due to my shoulder and it's complications that I'd need to come in.

Oh boy..........

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Closed Thread