Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 02:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We've gone to "curbside" call , we go out and get pet, examine treat, take back out. Twice as many people to do it in twice the time. Getting slower this week though, almost as bad as when Hurricane Harvey hit the clinic's neighborhood and the Army Corps of Engineers released the reservoirs flooding about 1/4-1/3 my clients houses! Some just rebuilt this year.

1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 03-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is sort of like the Karskankiens needing attention. They can not survive without it.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
This is sort of like the Karskankiens needing attention. They can not survive without it.
Who??

Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I agree.... A lot of folks only need to stay home. A lot of people are considered essential and they don't have that choice. Many places are being hurt by Amazon, E-bay and Craig's list not allowing sales of needed supplies.

I'm also baffled why installing turn lanes at an intersection that has never had them is considered "essential".
Ya i'd love to know how road work on a perfectly good road is essential!
Traffic/travel times now are awesome though!

Old 03-31-2020, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here they even classified anything "commercial" as essential! They had already shut down restaurants to take out, gyms(I'm going through withdrawal), schools and sporting events. Even shut down the big 2 week Houston Rodeo. The only things that they added on going to only essential was hair and nail salons and movie theaters. Liquor stores they said they allowed to be open so alcoholics would no go through withdrawal and end up at the hospital! We have that many alcoholics? And they did even allow restaurants to have take out liquor if you buy food-something in Texas that was illegal.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
True dhat! The roads will be warming up soon.
Yeah we can meet in Utah, I will bring the VHT. Leave your brothers car at home. Pump gas, NA.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
. Liquor stores they said they allowed to be open so alcoholics would no go through withdrawal and end up at the hospital! We have that many alcoholics? .
A close friend of our's is an ER nurse and she said that is exactly why liquor stores are still open in Ohio.

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 04-01-2020, 07:55 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post
A close friend of our's is an ER nurse and she said that is exactly why liquor stores are still open in Ohio.

Eric
Same thing in CT.Let `em drink.

Ken French Built Chassis

Carlquist Competition Engines IA2 505
Competition CNC Ported Super Chiefs
CCE Ported Gustram
Twin Dominators from Shaker 455
963 HP

`09 Electra Glide Standard.

`03 F-350 7.3 6-speed 4x4 Crew Cab Dually.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Yeah we can meet in Utah, I will bring the VHT. Leave your brothers car at home. Pump gas, NA.
Sounds good.....I'll bring this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_172704.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	535944  

Old 04-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elarson View Post

Eric
I'm glad you and Skip explained that. Binny's advertised they have a Senior shopping hour and couldn't figure out for the life of me why liquor was essential.... Was wondering the same thing about the Pot stores until I found out they also supply the "medicinal" needs.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I kind of think it is a shame we have that many potential alcoholics it changes public policy.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

do not know about texas, but without the alcoholics, gamblers and pot revenue all of our taxes would triple.

1972 Maverick under slow construction
The Following User Says Thank You to mysticmissle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Our gamblers just drive to Louisiana. Even Texas horse racing has dropped because they won't let the tracks have slots like they do in Louisiana.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Nice, emano, emano.... As earnest p. Worrell sez...

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
The Following User Says Thank You to J.C.you For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Fix View Post
I kind of think it is a shame we have that many potential alcoholics it changes public policy.
Remember.... It's a disease.

Old 04-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How fast do you think you'd be in Utah? Elevation is a little higher there.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Nice car, but doubt it would have a chance. The new engine is going to give me quite a jump in power. 10.80s will be a thing of the past.
My car is a heap, but it has quite the rear end and will put it to the ground and live. Over built.
I mean, that is a very nice car. Just never hear about heavy @$$ TAs with snowflakes pulling a low 10- high 9 on pump gas no spray.

I just made that post to show the absurdity of a cross county grudge race that will never happen. Folks find reasons to bring my name up.
I have a 79 4 speed WS6 TA that I need to get inside out of the weather. Need to restore it or sell it. 43,00 mile car. Only so much money to go around with my car, the house and it.

Old 04-01-2020, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
How fast do you think you'd be in Utah? Elevation is a little higher there.
4250' here.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 04-01-2020, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Nice car, but doubt it would have a chance. The new engine is going to give me quite a jump in power. 10.80s will be a thing of the past.
My car is a heap, but it has quite the rear end and will put it to the ground and live. Over built.
I mean, that is a very nice car. Just never hear about heavy @$$ TAs with snowflakes pulling a low 10- high 9 on pump gas no spray.

I just made that post to show the absurdity of a cross county grudge race that will never happen. Folks find reasons to bring my name up.
I have a 79 4 speed WS6 TA that I need to get inside out of the weather. Need to restore it or sell it. 43,00 mile car. Only so much money to go around with my car, the house and it.
Good to know.... I was worried you were seeking revenge for me buying the distributor gear from TMONEY. He is really good people. I bought a solid roller cam from him at a really good price because no one knew the specs. I did offer to help him out and measure it for him. I was thinking about using it for a Supercharged engine I want to put together on a budget... I always wanted a a car with a blower. I'm glad I got the cam from him, it was cheap so it helped me stay in within the budget. It should work good. I had a nice 455 block and years ago a buddy had his shop screw up a thrust cap. So he gave me the caps, all I had to do is buy a new thrust. He couldn't get one because Butler only sold them in sets at the time. I had an extra heavy duty front cap. My friend that align bores my blocks needed a pair of SBC heads ported for a circle track car. He fit the caps for me and I ported his heads... It worked out pretty good. So the block sat for a few years and another buddy needed it bad... He gave me $800 and a complete running turbo 301. It came from an LS1 swap car so it's 100% complete and it's also been rebuilt recently. So they finish up this 455 for a road racing Trans Am and the shop.... Not my buddies, but a different shop. They keep pounding bearings out and the customer can't get the tune right. He goes on the Internet and gets convinced he needs a 3" main block. So I get a call from the guy because he knows I supplied the block and asks if I have a 3" main block with billet caps. It just so happens I have one laying around and all we've done was fit the thrust (which is the hard part) and the guy offers me $500 and his old block. So now I have this fully machined billet cap 455 block laying around, a Super charger kit and this cam I got real cheap. I dig through my pile of round port heads and I only have a couple pair of SD heads and a nice pair of 7F6 that are still 111cc, wanna keep compression down. Since I want this to be a budget engine I go with the HO heads. I do a nice port job and set them up for blower use with some old springs and parts I have laying around... They come out nice the flows just over 280 on the intake and 220 on the exhaust. I spent a lot of time on the exhaust being they're going to be used with a blower. So I stop by my friends shop that's next door to the one that built the road race car and asked how the new engine combination is doing and while we're BS'ing he says they got new pistons for the engine.... I asked what happened to the old ones and he gives me a box with the old pistons. Nice set of CP Bullet flat tops. The skirts are a little scuffed, but no biggie. I polished the skirts and send them to the guy that coats my pistons. I remember I have a fresh 4.25 stroke factory crank laying on the shelf and a set of Molnar 6.800 power adder rods. So I decide to use those parts, balance the rotating assembly and hone the block. Now I have the complete short block with nice parts... We did a smooth balance job so there aren't any holes in the counter weights. A new Lunati cam with a bunch of gently used Crower valvetrain parts, a Supercharger kit and a complete set of HO heads. What I'm worried about is the Supercharged engine will be slower than my current motor... You know it'd kinda be embarrassing running slower with a blower... But it'll look really cool! I'm not sure what to do about a hood. Maybe I'll just remove it like you did... And take a little weight off..that never hurts..... I'm really glad I got the deal on the distributor gear.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I try not to get involved in this stuff but this really did make me laugh.

Quote:
Good to know.... I was worried you were seeking revenge for me buying the distributor gear from TMONEY. He is really good people. I bought a solid roller cam from him at a really good price because no one knew the specs. I did offer to help him out and measure it for him. I was thinking about using it for a Supercharged engine I want to put together on a budget... I always wanted a a car with a blower. I'm glad I got the cam from him, it was cheap so it helped me stay in within the budget. It should work good. I had a nice 455 block and years ago a buddy had his shop screw up a thrust cap. So he gave me the caps, all I had to do is buy a new thrust. He couldn't get one because Butler only sold them in sets at the time. I had an extra heavy duty front cap. My friend that align bores my blocks needed a pair of SBC heads ported for a circle track car. He fit the caps for me and I ported his heads... It worked out pretty good. So the block sat for a few years and another buddy needed it bad... He gave me $800 and a complete running turbo 301. It came from an LS1 swap car so it's 100% complete and it's also been rebuilt recently. So they finish up this 455 for a road racing Trans Am and the shop.... Not my buddies, but a different shop. They keep pounding bearings out and the customer can't get the tune right. He goes on the Internet and gets convinced he needs a 3" main block. So I get a call from the guy because he knows I supplied the block and asks if I have a 3" main block with billet caps. It just so happens I have one laying around and all we've done was fit the thrust (which is the hard part) and the guy offers me $500 and his old block. So now I have this fully machined billet cap 455 block laying around, a Super charger kit and this cam I got real cheap. I dig through my pile of round port heads and I only have a couple pair of SD heads and a nice pair of 7F6 that are still 111cc, wanna keep compression down. Since I want this to be a budget engine I go with the HO heads. I do a nice port job and set them up for blower use with some old springs and parts I have laying around... They come out nice the flows just over 280 on the intake and 220 on the exhaust. I spent a lot of time on the exhaust being they're going to be used with a blower. So I stop by my friends shop that's next door to the one that built the road race car and asked how the new engine combination is doing and while we're BS'ing he says they got new pistons for the engine.... I asked what happened to the old ones and he gives me a box with the old pistons. Nice set of CP Bullet flat tops. The skirts are a little scuffed, but no biggie. I polished the skirts and send them to the guy that coats my pistons. I remember I have a fresh 4.25 stroke factory crank laying on the shelf and a set of Molnar 6.800 power adder rods. So I decide to use those parts, balance the rotating assembly and hone the block. Now I have the complete short block with nice parts... We did a smooth balance job so there aren't any holes in the counter weights. A new Lunati cam with a bunch of gently used Crower valvetrain parts, a Supercharger kit and a complete set of HO heads. What I'm worried about is the Supercharged engine will be slower than my current motor... You know it'd kinda be embarrassing running slower with a blower... But it'll look really cool! I'm not sure what to do about a hood. Maybe I'll just remove it like you did... And take a little weight off..that never hurts..... I'm really glad I got the deal on the distributor gear.

The Following User Says Thank You to GTO Dan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread