Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.you View Post
U don't need a track to race, call out dcar for a street grudge.
This^^^

There is racing going on almost every night, you just need to know where to look.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Good to know.... I was worried you were seeking revenge for me buying the distributor gear from TMONEY. He is really good people. I bought a solid roller cam from him at a really good price because no one knew the specs. I did offer to help him out and measure it for him. I was thinking about using it for a Supercharged engine I want to put together on a budget... I always wanted a a car with a blower. I'm glad I got the cam from him, it was cheap so it helped me stay in within the budget. It should work good. I had a nice 455 block and years ago a buddy had his shop screw up a thrust cap. So he gave me the caps, all I had to do is buy a new thrust. He couldn't get one because Butler only sold them in sets at the time. I had an extra heavy duty front cap. My friend that align bores my blocks needed a pair of SBC heads ported for a circle track car. He fit the caps for me and I ported his heads... It worked out pretty good. So the block sat for a few years and another buddy needed it bad... He gave me $800 and a complete running turbo 301. It came from an LS1 swap car so it's 100% complete and it's also been rebuilt recently. So they finish up this 455 for a road racing Trans Am and the shop.... Not my buddies, but a different shop. They keep pounding bearings out and the customer can't get the tune right. He goes on the Internet and gets convinced he needs a 3" main block. So I get a call from the guy because he knows I supplied the block and asks if I have a 3" main block with billet caps. It just so happens I have one laying around and all we've done was fit the thrust (which is the hard part) and the guy offers me $500 and his old block. So now I have this fully machined billet cap 455 block laying around, a Super charger kit and this cam I got real cheap. I dig through my pile of round port heads and I only have a couple pair of SD heads and a nice pair of 7F6 that are still 111cc, wanna keep compression down. Since I want this to be a budget engine I go with the HO heads. I do a nice port job and set them up for blower use with some old springs and parts I have laying around... They come out nice the flows just over 280 on the intake and 220 on the exhaust. I spent a lot of time on the exhaust being they're going to be used with a blower. So I stop by my friends shop that's next door to the one that built the road race car and asked how the new engine combination is doing and while we're BS'ing he says they got new pistons for the engine.... I asked what happened to the old ones and he gives me a box with the old pistons. Nice set of CP Bullet flat tops. The skirts are a little scuffed, but no biggie. I polished the skirts and send them to the guy that coats my pistons. I remember I have a fresh 4.25 stroke factory crank laying on the shelf and a set of Molnar 6.800 power adder rods. So I decide to use those parts, balance the rotating assembly and hone the block. Now I have the complete short block with nice parts... We did a smooth balance job so there aren't any holes in the counter weights. A new Lunati cam with a bunch of gently used Crower valvetrain parts, a Supercharger kit and a complete set of HO heads. What I'm worried about is the Supercharged engine will be slower than my current motor... You know it'd kinda be embarrassing running slower with a blower... But it'll look really cool! I'm not sure what to do about a hood. Maybe I'll just remove it like you did... And take a little weight off..that never hurts..... I'm really glad I got the deal on the distributor gear.
Feeling well ? Never thought twice about someone beating me to a small item like that. I run stock distributors so I thought I would pick it up.
If that Bird has a 10 bolt and snowflakes it does not have a chance.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Feeling well ? Never thought twice about someone beating me to a small item like that. I run stock distributors so I thought I would pick it up.
You seem very focused on rear-ends and wheels. Neither of those items effect power or performance as far as i know.
But she sure sounds nice with that 10bolt and snowflakes
https://youtu.be/PhDicneJIXs

The Following User Says Thank You to slowbird For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
You seem very focused on rear-ends and wheels. Neither of those items effect power or performance as far as i know.
So, you know something about showing the power you make ?? Or say you make ?

Its a nice car. But does not stand a chance. He is a bottle baby and would need it.
Sounds like a nice street motor.

Old 04-02-2020, 06:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Good to know.... I was worried you were seeking revenge for me buying the distributor gear from TMONEY. He is really good people. I bought a solid roller cam from him at a really good price because no one knew the specs. I did offer to help him out and measure it for him. I was thinking about using it for a Supercharged engine I want to put together on a budget... I always wanted a a car with a blower. I'm glad I got the cam from him, it was cheap so it helped me stay in within the budget. It should work good. I had a nice 455 block and years ago a buddy had his shop screw up a thrust cap. So he gave me the caps, all I had to do is buy a new thrust. He couldn't get one because Butler only sold them in sets at the time. I had an extra heavy duty front cap. My friend that align bores my blocks needed a pair of SBC heads ported for a circle track car. He fit the caps for me and I ported his heads... It worked out pretty good. So the block sat for a few years and another buddy needed it bad... He gave me $800 and a complete running turbo 301. It came from an LS1 swap car so it's 100% complete and it's also been rebuilt recently. So they finish up this 455 for a road racing Trans Am and the shop.... Not my buddies, but a different shop. They keep pounding bearings out and the customer can't get the tune right. He goes on the Internet and gets convinced he needs a 3" main block. So I get a call from the guy because he knows I supplied the block and asks if I have a 3" main block with billet caps. It just so happens I have one laying around and all we've done was fit the thrust (which is the hard part) and the guy offers me $500 and his old block. So now I have this fully machined billet cap 455 block laying around, a Super charger kit and this cam I got real cheap. I dig through my pile of round port heads and I only have a couple pair of SD heads and a nice pair of 7F6 that are still 111cc, wanna keep compression down. Since I want this to be a budget engine I go with the HO heads. I do a nice port job and set them up for blower use with some old springs and parts I have laying around... They come out nice the flows just over 280 on the intake and 220 on the exhaust. I spent a lot of time on the exhaust being they're going to be used with a blower. So I stop by my friends shop that's next door to the one that built the road race car and asked how the new engine combination is doing and while we're BS'ing he says they got new pistons for the engine.... I asked what happened to the old ones and he gives me a box with the old pistons. Nice set of CP Bullet flat tops. The skirts are a little scuffed, but no biggie. I polished the skirts and send them to the guy that coats my pistons. I remember I have a fresh 4.25 stroke factory crank laying on the shelf and a set of Molnar 6.800 power adder rods. So I decide to use those parts, balance the rotating assembly and hone the block. Now I have the complete short block with nice parts... We did a smooth balance job so there aren't any holes in the counter weights. A new Lunati cam with a bunch of gently used Crower valvetrain parts, a Supercharger kit and a complete set of HO heads. What I'm worried about is the Supercharged engine will be slower than my current motor... You know it'd kinda be embarrassing running slower with a blower... But it'll look really cool! I'm not sure what to do about a hood. Maybe I'll just remove it like you did... And take a little weight off..that never hurts..... I'm really glad I got the deal on the distributor gear.
This cracks me up!

The Following User Says Thank You to dragracerx2813 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 07:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Feeling great.... Work some overtime and put your money where your mouth is....it's an opportunity for you to get some extra dough, you said you need it..... You are the guy that brought it up.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Thanks.... I thought that was a nice combination. It got over fourteen mpg and really scooted on the nitrous. Ruined the day for a few Hellcat owners.... I hope none of them missed their car payment because of it.

Last edited by PAUL K; 04-02-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Dan View Post
I try not to get involved in this stuff but this really did make me laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
This cracks me up!
Thanks, my experiment worked... I got the guy to make his shortest post ever!

But it was a lot of typing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200402-064628.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	536081  

Old 04-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So, you know something about showing the power you make ?? Or say you make ?

Its a nice car. But does not stand a chance. He is a bottle baby and would need it.
Sounds like a nice street motor.

You do know if you had any money you'd bet this car would never drag your beast down the track with your current combination.... Why don't you just stop! Again you are playing in an arena and know absolutely nothing about the game being played...stick to the chit you know... whatever that may be

https://www.facebook.com/PaulKnippen...4020026756106/

Last edited by PAUL K; 04-02-2020 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
He is a bottle baby and would need it.
Fwiw in all the times ive personal seen him race i've never seen him use nitrous.
But he can help you with your nitrous tune so you don't window another block

Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Thanks, my experiment worked... I got the guy to make his shortest post ever!

But it was a lot of typing.
That has to be the shortest one ever!

Old 04-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Paul K, very nice bird!!! I should have visited your shop when I had some issue with my junk and needed some machine work done. What is the shops name?

The Following User Says Thank You to 73 TRANSAM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73 TRANSAM View Post
Paul K, very nice bird!!! I should have visited your shop when I had some issue with my junk and needed some machine work done. What is the shops name?
Thanks..... You get the crank fixed up?

www.facebook.com/PaulKnippensMuscleMotors

Old 04-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yup! I checked it after getting it back. It was dead straight now. Mile High Crank To The TOP!!! He only wanted me to pay the freight back. Great place and honest folks. I Highly recommend the shop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 73 TRANSAM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice TA Paul, looks good, sounds good, and its a nice color.

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
The Following User Says Thank You to 455firebird1969 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You do know if you had any money you'd bet this car would never drag your beast down the track with your current combination.... Why don't you just stop! Again you are playing in an arena and know absolutely nothing about the game being played...stick to the chit you know... whatever that may be

https://www.facebook.com/PaulKnippen...4020026756106/
Dude, the current combination has been retired. 10.74 ??? No chance Paul. You had better try the bottle.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Dude, the current combination has been retired. 10.74 ??? No chance Paul. You had better try the bottle.
Until you can better that number it's nothing more than a wet dream....kinda like the last four or five engines you've yapped about on this Website for the last twenty years. I didn't realize you never got going after you windowed your block.

Please don't continue to bicker about this...we can use the 10.74 number and you have nothing more to say on this subject until you run faster since you're out of commission.

Good luck with the new build. I'm sure it will run great with my old manifold... I mean how couldn't it.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Feeling great.... Work some overtime and put your money where your mouth is....it's an opportunity for you to get some extra dough, you said you need it..... You are the guy that brought it up.
I don't need any more money to finish the engine that will beat that 10.74. I could run my same HO heads and smoke that thing. Maybe getting your vaunted E heads beat by iron might humble you. But I doubt it.
Only high end head porter "in the know" who constantly slaps himself on the back with the "Baddest on the Planet" moniker I know of.
Who does that ???

Old 04-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't need any more money to finish the engine that will beat that 10.74. I could run my same HO heads and smoke that thing. Maybe getting your vaunted E heads beat by iron might humble you. But I doubt it.
Only high end head porter "in the know" who constantly slaps himself on the back with the "Baddest on the Planet" moniker I know of.
Who does that ???
Im sure you've thought about this (know this) but you know you race at sea level, going up in altitude slows a car down. Your 10.9s is 11's here and far worse in Utah. Just saying
Currently the DA at your home track is -730ft!!!! Crazy good!
Our track currently is 950ft, that's pretty darn good for us (personally best air i've ever ran in is 1500ft)

Last edited by slowbird; 04-02-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Until you can better that number it's nothing more than a wet dream....kinda like the last four or five engines you've yapped about on this Website for the last twenty years. I didn't realize you never got going after you windowed your block.

Please don't continue to bicker about this...we can use the 10.74 number and you have nothing more to say on this subject until you run faster since you're out of commission.

Good luck with the new build. I'm sure it will run great with my old manifold... I mean how couldn't it.
You know Wilcox fixed that intake don't you ?? Turning it into a 4500 and getting it out of your hands was the cure.
That link you sent me, it was just the guy who bought it from you trying to get his money back. He went to a 4500 all right. With YOUR 4150 intake that needed to be turned into a 4500.
Yeah, its gonna run. You had better get big brothers car, your gonna need it.

Closed Thread