WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 General Tech/Discussion

G8 General Tech/Discussion G8 general tech and discussion area.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Late Model Moderator

Default Has anyone had their G8 tuned??

I just started modding my 2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT the mods are
Roto Fab CAI and OBX Axleback and I am thinking about getting the car tuned and the trans tune also and maybe port the ls2 intake for a few extra HP

anyone tune their G8 that did NOT do internal mods, (cam,heads)

I hear these cars REALLY wake up after a tune and a trans tune especially
Old 10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Administrator

we had a guy in Delaware do a tune on my supercharged GT. Bada$$ but hard shifts.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Late Model Moderator

i have been reading about the different trans tune options and I know they can tune the regular drive mode, sport mode, and manual shift mode all seperatly which is what I like
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Supposedly the trans can be tuned to just about any shift points. Supposedly my trans is tuned to maximum shift points. I imagine that's putting a strain on the trans, ut I don't put but maybe a 1000 miles a year on the car. I love how responsive it is and wouldn't want to change it unless someone told me I'm heading for a puddle of trans fluid in the near future.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Late Model Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass View Post
Supposedly the trans can be tuned to just about any shift points. Supposedly my trans is tuned to maximum shift points. I imagine that's putting a strain on the trans, ut I don't put but maybe a 1000 miles a year on the car. I love how responsive it is and wouldn't want to change it unless someone told me I'm heading for a puddle of trans fluid in the near future.
wow, only 1,000 miles a year? I cant imagine having a late model car and not driving it..a rare classice car yea maybe but a late model car to me is for driving and enjoying
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechef View Post
wow, only 1,000 miles a year? I cant imagine having a late model car and not driving it..a rare classice car yea maybe but a late model car to me is for driving and enjoying
Give me some time. I still have that classic mentality. 'low mileage' equals value and it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. By next year, I'll be up to at least 2000 miles. Plus, I split driving time with my 2005 GTO, 77 Bandit, 2001 TA and my 67 GTO will be back on the road next Spring. Love driving all of them for different reasons.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:06 AM

With the mods that you have now, you might be good with just a Cortex tune (superchips cortex 2950 I believe). You can change the shift firmness and get it specifically tuned for your current mods. I would save a good tune until you get longtubes or something more major.

Satin black 1999 Trans Am: LT's, ORY, SLP LM1, Lid, Ruff 278's, more audio.. Sold
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Late Model Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Bandit View Post
With the mods that you have now, you might be good with just a Cortex tune (superchips cortex 2950 I believe). You can change the shift firmness and get it specifically tuned for your current mods. I would save a good tune until you get longtubes or something more major.
yeah I am not interested in a hand held tuner, I want to be able to grow and have more adjustability as I go. my only debate is do I buy my own HP Tuners software and be able to switch my tunes or go and have Jeremy Formato tune the car and be done with it

I am torn between using Jeremey Formato for the tune or getting my own software and have Patrick G do a tune for me that i can load in the car my self
Old 10-25-2013, 09:50 AM

I think Pat G is free retunes. If you plan on modding more, get his tune and just get a new one whenever you add parts.

Satin black 1999 Trans Am: LT's, ORY, SLP LM1, Lid, Ruff 278's, more audio.. Sold