Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 07-06-2023, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dissapointed

I placed an order for black loop carpeting dor my 69 gto along with some other items 3 weeks ago and understood at that time that the carpet would be drop shipped and I wouldn't see it for a couple weeks. The day after I ordered it I realized that I had also ordered door carpet and my new panels had that already so I called to cancel just that part of my order. I specifically mentioned to the lady on the phone that I didn't want my ordered delayed and if it would cause confusion not to bother with the cancelation as I needed the carpet desperately to finish my car for an upcoming show. I hadn't heard anything last week on my carpet having shipped so I called and asked when it would ship, she told me it was all set and if I didn't hear anything by this week to call back. I called this morning and apparently my order for the carpet never processed and it's another 10 days out! I will now miss my show and the thrash to get this done for the last month was a complete waste of my time. I really expected more from Ames then this and I'm more then disappointed in how this order was handled. I canceled my order and will unfortunately have to go elsewhere for my carpet.

The Following User Says Thank You to n20ta2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I sent you a PM with info for an alternative.

The Following User Says Thank You to 400 4spd. For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2023, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I sent you a PM with info for an alternative.
Thanks for the recommendation! I coincidentally had called them and they are going to help me out.

The Following User Says Thank You to n20ta2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2023, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Its a shame you missed the show, but I dont see that your poor planning of ordering material just a few weeks shy of a special event is the vendor or shippers fault.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Its a shame you missed the show, but I dont see that your poor planning of ordering material just a few weeks shy of a special event is the vendor or shippers fault.
Except the part where the vendor never processed the order..........

Old 07-07-2023, 08:15 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n20ta2 View Post
I placed an order for black loop carpeting dor my 69 gto along with some other items 3 weeks ago and understood at that time that the carpet would be drop shipped and I wouldn't see it for a couple weeks. The day after I ordered it I realized that I had also ordered door carpet and my new panels had that already so I called to cancel just that part of my order. I specifically mentioned to the lady on the phone that I didn't want my ordered delayed and if it would cause confusion not to bother with the cancelation as I needed the carpet desperately to finish my car for an upcoming show. I hadn't heard anything last week on my carpet having shipped so I called and asked when it would ship, she told me it was all set and if I didn't hear anything by this week to call back. I called this morning and apparently my order for the carpet never processed and it's another 10 days out! I will now miss my show and the thrash to get this done for the last month was a complete waste of my time. I really expected more from Ames then this and I'm more then disappointed in how this order was handled. I canceled my order and will unfortunately have to go elsewhere for my carpet.

Hi n20ta2, this is Kyler who you spoke with originally yesterday when checking in on the order. Cancelling the one item held the order up much more than I would've liked. Sadly we are more short handed in the office currently than we'd like to be. Along with being the busy time of year and the show season, this has caused some delays. Good help is truly hard to find! We do apologize for the delay of your order and hope to hear from you in the future.

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com

Last edited by AMES-TECH; 07-07-2023 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-07-2023, 10:37 AM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Hi n20ta2, this is Kyler who you spoke with originally yesterday when checking in on the order. Cancelling the one item held the order up much more than I would've liked. Sadly we are more short handed in the office currently than we'd like to be. Along with being the busy time of year and the show season, this has caused some delays. Good help is truly hard to find! We do apologize for the delay of your order and hope to hear from you in the future.

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com
n20ta2, we would love to help you out with your next order. Please feel free to shoot me an email and we can figure out something suitable. There's no good excuse for this mishap, I hope we can rectify!

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
kyler@amesperf.com
1(800)421-2637

Old 07-07-2023, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
1(800)421-2637
kyler@amesperf.com
You haven't lost me as a customer and most of my orders have been great. Honestly the only reason I posted this is for constructive reasons.

Old 07-07-2023, 10:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
never said my deadline was there fault nor was the scheduling on my part there fault. This is the end of a 3 year frame off and if you can pinpoint an exact finish date on startup of a restoration then your a better man then me. The issue was it should have been here in plenty of time! Thanks for your comment though.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
n20ta2, we would love to help you out with your next order. Please feel free to shoot me an email and we can figure out something suitable. There's no good excuse for this mishap, I hope we can rectify!

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
kyler@amesperf.com
1(800)421-2637
Will do and I appreciate you guys reaching out!

Old 07-10-2023, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
never said my deadline was there fault nor was the scheduling on my part there fault. This is the end of a 3 year frame off and if you can pinpoint an exact finish date on startup of a restoration then your a better man then me. The issue was it should have been here in plenty of time! Thanks for your comment though.
Im seeing the light of the tunnel at then end of a 5 yr resto! Hoping to have that car at Hershey in Oct. Post office lost badly needed bolts sent from a buddy with no recourse. Ames has them backordered but the fellow I talked to said they should have the part very soon, so I patiently wait. At this point I doubt I will make my deadline but still have a glimmer of hope. I know all about restorations, waiting on parts and sub contractors!
Good luck hope things work out for you.

Old 07-11-2023, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames
kyler@amesperf.com
1(800)421-2637
Not sure why you would ask me to reach out to you and then not return any of my emails. Never received any confirmation my order was canceled or a receipt showing my card would be refunded. I. Still out the money for the carpet, door carpet, and shipping.

Old 07-11-2023, 02:22 PM
Ames Tech Staff member

Quote:
Not sure why you would ask me to reach out to you and then not return any of my emails. Never received any confirmation my order was canceled or a receipt showing my card would be refunded. I. Still out the money for the carpet, door carpet, and shipping.
Hi Robert, I received your email yesterday morning and sent back a reply earlier this afternoon; I do apologize for any delay. We were able to hold the carpet and shipping credit to apply to any order you would like as requested. The door carpet had been credited when originally cancelled, this will show up on your statement within the week. We'll gladly cover the base shipping on this next order. Talk to you soon!

Thank you,
Kyler @ Ames

Last edited by AMES-TECH; 07-11-2023 at 02:38 PM.