WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Exhaust Tech

04-06 Exhaust Tech Exhaust systems, headers, Pype Bombs, custom work.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

im currently looking to replace the exhaust on my 04 gto and was considering the slp loudmouth exhaust or the flow master exhaust .in your opinion which exhaust would sound better,louder.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

im currently looking to replace the exhaust on my 04 gto and was considering the slp loudmouth exhaust or the flow master exhaust .in your opinion which exhaust would sound better,louder.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hate to always keep sending people over to ls1gto.com but I recall there being some sound clips available and you'll get all sorts of "opinions" on which exhaust sounds better.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:13 PM

I have the SLP "Loudmouth" on my '04 and it lives up to it's name. I'll never be able to sneak up on someone, or to sneak away for that matter My Loudmouth has a drone in the cockpit at about 2000 RPM (give or take). It took some getting used to, and some folks may never adapt. I love the sound, and the gurgle during down-shifting. But that's just me. I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't be happy. I get a lot of compliments from people on the street though. FYI: A friend has SLP's "Powerflow" with the larger diameter mufflers and it is considerably quieter than mine.

See if you can find a couple folks in your area to let you hear some cat-backs in person. That's the only way to be sure what you're getting.
25K miles and counting.....
Old 03-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

hey merdin thanks foir the advise i was wandering if the loudmouth is louder than the stock exhausy
Old 03-21-2005, 08:42 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 6704gto:
hey merdin thanks foir the advise i was wandering if the loudmouth is louder than the stock exhausy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! WAY louder.
25K miles and counting.....
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

my buddy has a loudmouth on his WS6 and if the GTOs sound the same they are very very loud. If you have control, (which sometimes i don't) then it would be ok; but if you step on make sure there isnt a cop with in a 1/4 mile or else he'll be all over you. (but remember 6th gear is a stealth gear)