Old 01-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just wanted to get the first post on the new board. I hate vehicle electrics! I just fired up my Trans Am after rebuild, and half the electrical systems don't work anymore. Aaarrgghh!

Old 01-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just wanted to get the first post on the new board. I hate vehicle electrics! I just fired up my Trans Am after rebuild, and half the electrical systems don't work anymore. Aaarrgghh!

Old 01-02-2003, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I thought you had all that stuff straightened out.

This will be a good place for me when I go to hook all those wires back up on the T/A.

Old 01-03-2003, 05:30 PM

I feel your pain, Trev. 80% of the electrics in my car don't work either. It was a mess before I got the engine and tranny rebuilt but now all kinds of things don't work. The radio is what I miss the most. I just hope this new forum can help!

"Where do the brown and red wires go in the engine bay? You know, those ones . . ."

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

Old 01-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I am very concerned about the wires that look like they were meant to go to the A/C but have been cut off and taped up. Aren't all the underhood wires brown?

Old 01-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guys, there is no substitute for a wiring diagram for your cars. Even a knowledgeable person may not be able to help with some electrical problems without one.

Regards, George

Old 01-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Abso-freakin-lutely!! I am in the process of bringing back a 65 gto that has been abandoned by several previous owners and thanks to the manuals I am almost there. If you have electrical problems a diagram is a must. It is a great feeling to look at a wire and know where it goes...or is supposed to go.

Old 01-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I guess I'm just going to HAVE to look at the manual after all!

Old 01-09-2003, 11:31 PM

I've got a wiring diagram, the problem is that the previous owner made a mess of the wiring by splicing and clipping and stuff. Now lots of wires are the wrong color, wrong gauge, go to the wrong place, or don't connect to anything at all. Not much of this mess was soldered either, just twisted together. Not even electrical tape to keep it from arcing when the wires touch the block. It's going to be an adventure trying to fix it.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.