Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

the exhaust i have on my wagon is a exhaust shop job. they had no problem bending the tailpipes, i have them exiting behind the rear wheels on both sided, my majot complaint is they can never get the front pipes tucked up close enuf due to the tight turn required for the ram air manifolds.thats why i was trying to get a pypes system to replace it

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 01-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All the mufflers shops in the USA I went to want the whole job or nothing at all. They give you every excuse why they can't do it. Midas uses cards, they fiind out what kind of vehicle and if the card is on file , they use that. The card tells them where to put the bends. Not everyone who works at Midas knows how to use the cards. If I want something copied, I go to Mexico, they know how to do it, no cards, no computer program for the machine. They use a coat hanger and eye ball it so the bends are in the right places LOL.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a couple guys that i have been using for years they both bund by eye no cards so they can bund up just about anything. My problem is that they are now 400 miles away not around the corner. If you can find a indipendant shop that has been around for a while they are you best bet. Hmmmm maybe this is a job that americans don't want. LOLOLOL

2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have a 72 LeMans wagon that I was thinking about ordering a Pypes 3" X-system for. I was just going to order it for a GTO and then fabricate the tailpipes with the existing parts. You know, cut and paste!! I have a local Merlins that does exhaust and could make a bend or open up the end of a pipe to slip another one in. I guess the only downfall would be they can't do mandrel bends. I do know that you don't want the tailpipes exiting out under the rear bumper because of exhaust fumes entering the vehicle with the rear window down! That would be bad!

Old 02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

just read DNfans responce in this thread he lists the part numbers needed to do the wagon exhaust> It will exit behind the rear wheels like it should for a wagon

2015 GMC Yukon SLT