Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwr1964 View Post
1) respect - u post on my thread as if iam an idiot
Not the intention at all, We installed one of the first systems we did this way on a GTO, seemed to fit better, until we lowered the car and noticed the one pipe hanging lower than acceptable to us. Have since seen several systems with the head pipes switched. it's a common mistake.2) 2.5" pipe will never have the same bend radius as factory downpipes, so they are going to hang lower. fact Yes, so? If installed as designed, they will be very close to even height side to side. Fact.
3) nothing special will my app, #62 heads and 2.5" RA cast manifolds.
4) pypes guy said u can install them either way. maybe i received wrong p/n, or not to print pipe. this is just my experience with 1 system. Yes, as I stated, we have done one system this way as well...5) we all have different standards, sure mine are different than yours!
6) just trying to help some of the other folks that have had similar issues by posting some solutions. obviously you've installed 50 plus systems with no issues, not sure why you'd even read this post.
I am just trying to help other folks as well, that's why I respond to threads from guys that have issues, to let them know it's not uncommon and they aren't alone. Believe it or not, some guys like advice from folks that have alot of experience, as opposed to guys that have installed one system, with issues. Now that I know you are not an idiot and don't want any input from someone with experience, I'll go away.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

shouldnt the pipes be labled "left" or "right"?
my pypes fit fine on both of my cars but i did waste alot of time trying to figure which pipe went on which side, both times.
i had issues getting the RA manifold flanges around the bends of my pype. had to do some grinding; but otherwise great system.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via MSN to 1967Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by F ROCK View Post
shouldn't the pipes be labeled "left" or "right"?
Was following this thread.

I had a heck of a time getting the downpipes to fit on regular D-Port Manifolds. If they had been labeled left and right, it would have taken a lot of the guesswork out. I also think that they sit too low. My entire system is lower making the tailpipes sit lower.

I have an all 2.5" Pypes set-up with the exception of the tail pipes.

The Burb Files
Old 03-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm in the process of putting mine on now. They sit high enough but I'd be happier if they sat about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher. I also wish the tailpipe tucked up just a hair more above the bottom edge of the quarter, behind the wheel...similar to the way the '70~'72 tailpipe does...then I could use the turndowns to bring it back down below the bumper.
I'm not crazy about seeing that pipe and a bit of the clamp below that lower edge of the quarter there..
I had to grind just a hair off the side of the flange (cast iron) to get it past the lower control arm.
Overall, nothing I can't live happily with...