Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 10-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm with you. Got my Doug's and love them. I also did'nt like the looks of his welds. Fortunatly I was an a##hole and got my credit card to charge back my money.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah I wish I would have paid that way. All I have is a money order stub to remind me that I got screwed. So you got some Doug's huh? I am on the fence about going Doug's or getting some bugger tube headers. Only thing I am worried about is the slip on collectors. I am afraid they'll make noise. Oh well I guess if they did I could silicone them like someone posted on another thread. It'll be under the car so you won't see it.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Love my Doug's. Installation was a breeze and the ground clearance isn't bad even with bolt up collectors. Fit way better than my H-O tri-y's or my Hookers.

Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM

Has anyone heard anything from Ron in the last couple of months? Has anyone seen him?

Anything? This whole thread just died out...

1977 Trans Am Y82
'69 428, stock '69 #16's, 041 RAIV/Rhoads, 3.42s, Cliff Q-Jet, Continental Tight-10/TH350, RA Manifolds (oversized, ported) with Pypes x-pipe system and Street Pro's, Edelbrock Classic IAS shocks, PST polygraphite suspension, custom subframe connectors.

Still waiting on my Tri-Y headers (since June 2005).
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Along with my hopes of ever receiving tri-y's.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Administrator

If someone confirms that Ron needs a bail out plan, Pypes would consider taking over the project. Recently we have aquired the resources to produce a very high quality header at a very resonable price. We would need a pair for a pattern. We would probably make them in stainless, and I would venture a price of under $500 for sure. We would also need someone to test fit the first sample pair. Turnaround time would probably be 45-60 days for the first production samples. Production would be 60-90 days beyond that.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccass
If someone confirms that Ron needs a bail out plan, Pypes would consider taking over the project. Recently we have aquired the resources to produce a very high quality header at a very resonable price. We would need a pair for a pattern. We would probably make them in stainless, and I would venture a price of under $500 for sure. We would also need someone to test fit the first sample pair. Turnaround time would probably be 45-60 days for the first production samples. Production would be 60-90 days beyond that.

Man, Cant wait for that to happen, if it will happen.

I will buy a set.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Boost Engineer

I think Ron's heart was in the right place but events did not allow him to complete the parts in a timely manner. I have been there before.

Tom V.

A pair of round port tri-Ys for a 64 GTO would be high on my list if PY took over the project.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:19 PM

Default 2nd gen TA's unite

Quote:
johnsma22

Help out your T/A bretheren

Donate your set

Old 11-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Chris, if you do go with these headers i would gladly loan you the set i have from Ron for a pattern. The set i have are for the 2nd gen firebird with round port heads. Let me know, we will get them down to you, no problem.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:45 PM

Can anybody get ahold of Ron? His latest D-port sets with the little tweaks and improvements would be really nice to use as pattern.

Mike

1977 Trans Am Y82
'69 428, stock '69 #16's, 041 RAIV/Rhoads, 3.42s, Cliff Q-Jet, Continental Tight-10/TH350, RA Manifolds (oversized, ported) with Pypes x-pipe system and Street Pro's, Edelbrock Classic IAS shocks, PST polygraphite suspension, custom subframe connectors.

Still waiting on my Tri-Y headers (since June 2005).
Old 11-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If Pypes does take over the project how would that affect those of us that haven't received our headers ordered through Ron?

1967 Firebird 400 bench seat, deluxe interior, auto
1965 GTO 462, KRE unported D-port heads, Bullet 234/244 cam, th400, tight 10" converter, 3.73 gears, 87 octane, 3440 lbs. empty,1.59 60ft, 7.159@95.33 (1/8), a real daily driver, been totaled, rolled 3 times, hit a tree airborne.
1961 Catalina 2 door htp
1960 Ventura 4 door htp wife's car
1960 B'ville 2 door htp
1960 Catalina Wagon wife's car too
Old 11-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Senior Chief

A complete package deal, head to tail, would be awesome! I would be up for that, D-ports 1980 TA,200r4auto trans, transverse muffler with chrome split tail pipes, I can see it now! Please do this.

Last edited by Billz428; 11-16-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77TA-SE
Can anybody get ahold of Ron? His latest D-port sets with the little tweaks and improvements would be really nice to use as pattern.

Mike
The last that Ron responded to an e-mail from me was approx 5 months ago. At that point he informed me that I was 4th on the list to receive. He has not responded since, and has not opened most recent attempt a week ago. I have AOL and the status indicates "not yet read", in the past he would not respond but would read within a couple hours of sending. I was in the group hoping, but really didn't have a lot of faith in his practices when he was offering "extra" sets to individuals without any consideration to those who had paid and had been waiting (some of us have both round port and d-port cars). I had bought a 474 short block from him, and that money was supposed to keep his shop from being padlocked, the money from the headers I paid for, was to finish sets in-progress and purchase extra flanges for additional sets. That was over a year ago, at this point and after this post, I'm sure it will be a wash for me, some other individuals that Ron has communicated with in the past have kept me informed on their contacts with him, they have pretty much ceased also.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm looking to buy headers, mufflers, and pipes this spring for my 78 T/A. I've been set on Ron's headers ever since I saw the first set, but have been holding back because of all the horror stories I have heard with people losing their money or not receiving headers until a year or more after payment. I was hoping all the delays would clear up, but it only seems to now be worse. We all wish we could help Ron out by purchasing from him, but unfortunately not all of us can wait a year or more to receive the product after payment. Ccass, if Pypes takes over the project and can deliver a stainless set (especially an entire exhaust system in stainless) in a timely manner (less than 1 month after payment), I would definitely make the purchase through Pypes without second thought.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

How many different versions of this Tri-Y are needed. So far in this post I see;

70-81 d-port
70-81 round port
64-?? round port? Tom what would they fit? 64-67 or 64-72? Why would one want a TriY on a round port motor rather than a 4 tube header like Doug's?

Old 11-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What I have on order is a set of D-ports for my '65 GTO.

1967 Firebird 400 bench seat, deluxe interior, auto
1965 GTO 462, KRE unported D-port heads, Bullet 234/244 cam, th400, tight 10" converter, 3.73 gears, 87 octane, 3440 lbs. empty,1.59 60ft, 7.159@95.33 (1/8), a real daily driver, been totaled, rolled 3 times, hit a tree airborne.
1961 Catalina 2 door htp
1960 Ventura 4 door htp wife's car
1960 B'ville 2 door htp
1960 Catalina Wagon wife's car too
Old 11-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Chris, I know that Ron has talked to you in the past. Have you tried contacting him lately?
I left several voice mails on his phone. He called me all the time before this latest disappearing act. Guess my H-O tri-y's are lost.

Last edited by Larry Navarro; 11-15-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks Goat
If Pypes does take over the project how would that affect those of us that haven't received our headers ordered through Ron?
That would depend on how Ron wanted to handle it. From my last conversation this summer, I'm not sure he is interested in passing the project along. However, with these incredible lead times and a new job, maybe he feels different now. With samples and a little guidance I could have this project done rather quickly. If Ron helped me with this, we could probably work something out so existing paid orders are honored. If Pypes had to start from scratch, then existing orders would obviously be Ron's responsibility. I have a pretty good idea what Ron has gone thru over this project and on one hand I would feel it unfair for me to take it over without giving him fair warning. On the other hand, this topic has monopolized the PY Exhaust forum for probably 3 years and as a Pontiac enthusiast and a businessman, it's hard to standby when I could provide a resolution for our readership. I think if Ron could reply here(or to each of you who have paid orders) with some reasonable 'drop dead' timeframes, then I'll back off. If nobody hears from him, unfortunately you are probably sol.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How many different versions of this Tri-Y are needed. So far in this post I see;

70-81 d-port
70-81 round port
64-?? round port? Tom what would they fit? 64-67 or 64-72? Why would one want a TriY on a round port motor rather than a 4 tube header like Doug's?
Ground clearance on the 2nd gen birds, also have slip on collectors.