Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-19-2011, 02:49 PM

Default Who is still waiting for their Tri-Y headers?

I ordered mine back in August for my 79 Trans Am.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just made room in my inbox after I was just notified that it was full. I just posted an update here.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...10#post4213010

Thanks
Ron

Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

79LQ, which list are you on?

Old 02-22-2011, 12:43 PM

D-port for 1979 Trans Am. I just want my headers and am tired of waiting.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Paid mid Sept 2010...no headers yet.

Next....

Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Paid October 2005. Still no headers...

Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Senior Chief

Dec 12th 2010....

! '05!!!...ouch

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphynx88 View Post
Paid October 2005. Still no headers...
Have you spoke with Ron at all? That's over 5 years!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_oil View Post
Have you spoke with Ron at all? That's over 5 years!
....I am fully aware of that.

In fact originally, back in 2005, Ron told me I had purchased a set of headers that was 'left over' from production. I was 16 at the time. Took me about 4 months to save up for the set. Little did I know 5 years later I'd still be waiting for the set to be even made. I'd love to have my money back but that has never been an option.

I was able to exchange a few emails with Ron in 2006. He dropped off the face of the earth until this summer. He gave me a call in October/Nov. said it would be a few more weeks....

Haven't heard from him since.

I'd love to hear from him, but in all honesty every single time Ron has contacted me, it is a earful of excuses of why sh*t has hit the fan for him and why I will not be receiving my headers anytime soon. It really pisses me off that people who paid for them after me are receiving their orders, but if thats what it takes.

I will say I do appreciate him trying to make good on these orders but I am so tired of waiting and excuses. Wish it would work out a different way but in the mean time... I'll be waiting.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphynx88 View Post
....I am fully aware of that.

In fact originally, back in 2005, Ron told me I had purchased a set of headers that was 'left over' from production. I was 16 at the time. Took me about 4 months to save up for the set. Little did I know 5 years later I'd still be waiting for the set to be even made. I'd love to have my money back but that has never been an option.

I was able to exchange a few emails with Ron in 2006. He dropped off the face of the earth until this summer. He gave me a call in October/Nov. said it would be a few more weeks....

Haven't heard from him since.

I'd love to hear from him, but in all honesty every single time Ron has contacted me, it is a earful of excuses of why sh*t has hit the fan for him and why I will not be receiving my headers anytime soon. It really pisses me off that people who paid for them after me are receiving their orders, but if thats what it takes.

I will say I do appreciate him trying to make good on these orders but I am so tired of waiting and excuses. Wish it would work out a different way but in the mean time... I'll be waiting.
Do you still have the vehicle? What did you do for headers while you were waiting? My car is still sitting on my lift. I just hope I get my order before I have to go the the academy for 6 months. My problem is I live in NJ and the academy is in WA state.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:20 AM

Yup still have her and still waiting. I kept the stock exhaust on and put her back together.

It really sucked way back in high school i blue-printed increasing horsepower ratings for my trans am as my senior project and couldn't finish everything thanks to this whole mess. So thank you Ron.

Haha sorry for being dramatic...

Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

sphynx88, surely your turn must be soon! The strange thing is, It seems some who paid recently get theirs before those who paid years ago... I cant figure out how that deal works unless I am not understanding something.
With an apparent 6 year waiting list, the ones paying in advance now certainly have faith and patience.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Senior Chief

I wish people who actually HAVE them posted. It would give hope to the rest of us. It certainly is a poor business model. It is easy to make snap judgements from our computer chairs (how hard can it be to get a welder) but it seems the people who have been to his shop or actually know him are vouching for the guy, so I have to side with the "experts" because I am not in the know. BUT, it is odd for so many people to prepay and only the occasional drip of production. There was talk of company sponserships, private sponsorships, etc... I wonder if he charged more we would see the headers sooner. If the second person paying is helping to pay for the first, and the third is helping to pay for the second, and so on... You would think by now at least half or more would have received theirs (maybe they have but are silent). One guy was told that his were done and going to the coaters (a two week turn around I was told), that was last October and still no headers...(odd).
I will probably end up buying a different set (Dougs) until I receive mine. I am optimistic but I don't think I will get them by the summer. I just didn't want to redo my exhaust a third time, but what ya gonna do.

'68 hard blocked forged 463 (thanks Luhn Performance), SD prepped HO aluminum intake, SD Perf 290cfm KRE'S,'Ol Faithful cam, 2004r with a "Jim Hand special" converter to a 3.42 Trutrac 12 bolt hung from a 4 link. With a 120 shot of N2O for fun.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

He really does need to charge more, but Ron is a man of honor to a fault. He is continuing to beat his head against a wall trying to do something that he really can not sustain. There isn;t enough profit in what he is doing and he started this deal trying to sell the headers for the same price as Dougs headers. How are you going to compete with a mass produced product doing one at a time. I have a set of Mad Dogs that with coating and everything, I have over $1000 in them.

But Ron sold those headers at that price and he is going to continue to do so, even though he should be bumping his price to a better margin. It may cost him all chances of sucess though, because people are just not going to wait like this. You have to deliver a set at least once a month. It's like fishing, if you go too long without even getting a bite, eventually you just go home and stop by Long John's on the way.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:15 PM

Another month has past. Does anyone want to sponsor a sponsor so I can get my headers?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If this guy would get his stuff together I would buy 2 sets, but I'm not sending any money first.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

spoke to him yeasterday. he hase a problem finding a welder .he mentiond he got a tig welder so i things are going forward but very slow he had 4 headers that needed to be welded up.. i also know of a man who whants to order as wel. but is waighting for him to sent some headers out first.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:17 AM

How many orders are left to fill? If he would just complete the existing orders and deliver new orders within 3 months I think all of his money problems will go away. I know I want a second set but I will not send any money until the first one arrives.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM

Still waiting. Hope my set will be ready soon as the motor is ready for the car and I would like to install them at that time. Hopefully Ron will update us soon.

I would like another set too but like you, there is no way I could be in this situation for two sets. I was hoping Ron had the business end taking care of and would be able to start producing headers. It appeared that was the case in August but some how all the money we sent didn't go toward our headers??? At this point I just need the headers coated or not, even though I paid for coating.

Keep up the hope...its all we have at this point.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have 2 sets here that a client bought sometime ago. We built a engine for a 79 10th he has and dynoed it with the tri-y headers. Then for the heck of it we put a set of 4 tube headers on and raised HP and torque. Nice headers forsure, but for the more built engines it will loose the numbers. Just some thought for you guys.